Coronavirus (COVID-19)

50 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't push it, move on and please don't try and justify it with some "call me what you want if you keep buying" shite.

That's twice you've mentioned me and Wattoo on this thread alone

Maybe it's time you moved on.

Singapore put in a hard working performance to overall Thailand only to be blown away by a few minutes of shear genius by Japan. You have got to love the Japanese for innovation on and off the park and on the high seas.

Australia keep plugging away and surely will finish in a high position.

However, China just keep marching on. Figures not fully update and are well above 600 in deaths. Clearly they are going to obliterate every record from the 2003 SARs tournament single handily. China is supposed to return to work next week, let’s see how that goes!

UK dived into the transfer market to try and improve their position with what appears to be a solid signing from Singapore for an undisclosed fee. Time will tell.

Singapore now publishing and infection map, so everyone knows how to go about getting in on the action:

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg
IMG_2116.jpg

34 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That's twice you've mentioned me and Wattoo on this thread alone

Maybe it's time you moved on.

Might have overreacted but how difficult is it just to use Chinese instead  of Chinkie? Your man slagging off Hong Kongers doesn't really change things. 

Japan might fall down the table as they might not include viral cruisers.

1. Virus cases on cruise ship triple to 61
An additional 41 people aboard a quarantined cruise liner off Yokohama have tested positive for the new coronavirus, the health ministry said Friday, bringing the total number of cases from the vessel to 61.

The new numbers would bring the national total to 86, but the 61 cases will not be included in Japan’s official tally because they tested positive before coming ashore. Minus the Diamond Princess passengers, the number of people infected by the virus in Japan stands at 25.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Thursday that Japan has decided to refuse entry to foreign passengers on board another luxury cruise ship that is set to arrive in Okinawa on Saturday, as some are suspected to be infected with the new coronavirus, Satoshi Sugiyama reports.

VIDEO: Another 41 cases of coronavirus confirmed on board cruise ship | SKY NEWS AUSTRALIA; PHOTO: AFP-JIJI
With the fate of the Diamond Princess dominating recent coverage of the outbreak in Japan, staff writer Ryusei Takahashi managed to speak to some of the quarantined passengers about their fears and concerns.

“We are doing fine emotionally despite being confined to a small room,” said Briton Alan Sandford. “Although if you hear in a few days my wife has pushed me overboard, you will know things got stressful.”

As the coronavirus continues to spread, you can keep up with the latest updates from Japan and around the world here or access our full list of stories via the tags below.

Further reading: coronavirus, Diamond Princess

9 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

In my experience Mainland Chinese are generally oblivious to racism. Get into a conversation with a group of them and start talking about races and its like a 1970’s sitcom.

Air China no exception to that, although it was removed after it hit the news. 

_91062119_capture.jpg

No news in Thailand and I mean no news.  No news websites are talking about the virus, government clampdown on reporting has hit us hard.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1852709/doctors-death-shows-risk-of-fake-news-crackdown

Think the facemasks for bats is working. That and just ignoring it and it will go away.

At the airport heading home now. Not a temperature scanner in sight. We are talking every precaution and still over taken you in the table.

#masksforbats

The whistleblower doctor who first alerted people of the coronavirus has died. Of coronavirus. 

At just 34 years old it looks like it's not just the elderly who are succumbing to it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/feb/07/coronavirus-chinese-rage-death-whistleblower-doctor-li-wenliang

Singapore ups it threat level to the second highest. Highest being all out panic and everyone for themselves.

We are now at alert level orange.

Not sure how flutes, sashes and bowler hats are going to help, but who knows, lets give it a try.

Masks the essential fashion item for flying these days

IMG_2117.jpg

Have to say I’m a big fan of China’s no fucks given approach to people’s precious ‘liberty’ and ‘rights’ in the middle of a public health emergency. They might have been slow to act initially but if this outbreak was taking place in the US or Europe then it’d be getting transmitted on a human to human level across half the world by now.

IMG_3201.jpg

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Germany have history of “quarantining” people. They could probably handle a similar public health emergency.

Thankfully we don’t eat nasty shit like bats, vermin, snakes and anteaters.

Or fried lice.

Fetching my coat...

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Germany have history of “quarantining” people. They could probably handle a similar public health emergency.

Exactly.

We're quite happy to leave that to the Ch...Chi.. Chinese.

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Stop giving Tesco ideas...

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

A different backstory than ICTJohnBoy being a racist moron who uses a racist term and then asks some boy he doesn’t know whether he finds it racist? And now you and him are having a nice wee joke about using racist terms? 

Great stuff. 

Really ?

So according to your rules of 'PC Bullydom' (c.f. your buddy Welshbairn), which 'racist term' am I guilty of using ?