Coronavirus (COVID-19)

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/03/ryanair-jab-and-go-ad-banned-covid-summer-holidays-complaints

We considered this could encourage vaccinated individuals to disregard or lessen their adherence to restrictions, which in the short term could expose them to the risk of serious illness, and in the longer term might result in them spreading the virus. As such we considered the ads could encourage people to behave irresponsibly once vaccinated. The ads must not be broadcast again.”

'Behaving irresponsibly once vaccinated' will no doubt enter the curtain-twitchers' new charter of offences for 2021. 

Another hour, another full-blown minter for the UK public thanks to the over 2000 tragic losers who complained about a fucking advert for 'breaking the rules!!!111!!!!'

A third. I know about 4 folk that have had it from the literally hundreds I know. Literally no idea where these sort of wild figs come from. I doubt anyone on here will even have had 10% of the family and friends group had it.

Everyone at my work gets tested for covid regularly. There’s been quite a few who have tested positive, most of which have been completely asymptomatic. Their families have then all been tested, again a high number positive while showing no symptoms. I’d imagine number of cases in the uk far exceeds the official figures.

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

A third. I know about 4 folk that have had it from the literally hundreds I know. Literally no idea where these sort of wild figs come from. I doubt anyone on here will even have had 10% of the family and friends group had it.

Thanks for that detailed and scientific analysis. Really helpful.

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

You know nothing of the sort, because the virus is so pathetic for the healthy population that a lot of people are asymptomatic. Their body just recognises and gets shot of it without even a side effect. 

My brother's partner is a nurse who has been working on Covid wards and she was quite ill for a week, but is now back to normal. Comparable to any other seasonal illness, she said. Their little one had a temperature for a night and was fine the following morning. My brother was the same - said he has had worse colds and hangovers. It did take him a few days longer to finally test positive, despite how 'contagious' it is. My partner's sister, meanwhile, lost her sense of taste and smell briefly at the end of November, but is now fine, yet has still tested positive twice this month while awaiting an ACL operation, which have subsequently had to he cancelled.

All anecdotal, of course, but among the hysteria it is forgotten just how mild an illness it is in the under 50s and non-obese.

Edited by Elixir

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/03/ryanair-jab-and-go-ad-banned-covid-summer-holidays-complaints

'Behaving irresponsibly once vaccinated' will no doubt enter the curtain-twitchers' new charter of offences for 2021. 

Another hour, another full-blown minter for the UK public thanks to the over 2000 tragic losers who complained about a fucking advert for 'breaking the rules!!!111!!!!'

3rd most complained about advert ever

The good news is they still plan to expand capacity after the lockdowns end and they are critical of EU vaccine roll out.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanair-expansion-loss-coronavirus-stansted-b1795609.html

Are school pupils to be vaccinated before they go back? If not they really should be if the vaccines are effective at stopping transmission to some extent. Might be behind on this but I don't think anyone would grumble about pupils being the next group to be given the vaccines once the vulnerable groups are done.
They announced yesterday there'll be a significant increase in testing for teachers and pupils but nothing on the vaccine front. Doubt there will be any change on the priority list now.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

My brother's partner is a nurse who has been working on Covid wards and she was quite ill for a week, but is now back to normal. Comparable to any other seasonal illness, she said. Their little one had a temperature for a night and was fine the following morning. My brother was the same - said he has had worse colds and hangovers. It did take him a few days longer to finally test positive, despite how 'contagious' it is. My partner's sister, meanwhile, lost her sense of taste and smell briefly at the end of November, but is now fine, yet has still tested positive twice this month while waiting an ACL operation, which have subsequently had to he cancelled.

All anecdotal, of course, but among the hysteria it is forgotten just how mild an illness it is in the under 50s and non-obese.

Not always, I do know two people now who have died of it. One was a nurse in her 20s and she was pretty fit, I knew her through my old CrossFit class. The other was a lady I went swimming with, in her 40s but again not overweight and in reasonable health.

Of course I realise that’s anecdotal as well but I think the assumption it’s essentially harmless to all young, fit people isn’t a true one. There is also the issue of longer-term illness and recovery as well which needs to be considered.

Edited by Jambomo

Ruth Davidson getting bitch slapped, yet again, at FMQs
You can only imagine her disappointment at seeing the vaccination numbers yesterday and this morning.
It's beyond pathetic. Same question with the same answer for weeks then fatty Baillie waddles in and doubles down on it.

Neither seems to be able to grasp the concept that in any program someone needs to be first and someone needs to be last. Baillie seems to think 1m letters should have been issued in 1 day ffs.

7 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

3rd most complained about advert ever

The good news is they still plan to expand capacity after the lockdowns end and they are critical of EU vaccine roll out.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/ryanair-expansion-loss-coronavirus-stansted-b1795609.html

It’s just a shame they bought all those planes that keep falling out of the sky because they were going cheap.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-orders-75-boeing-max-8200-aircraft-210-in-total/