Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Thought that was just for entry into Scotland under the current roles, not necessarily dodging any quarantine that might be in the pipeline.
FWIW, more and more cases off offshore transmission are being reported.  For example, the  Foinaven platform recently had to get closed down for an entire week because of a significant outbreak.
The oil companies will be screaming for vaccines soon enough, along with Jim Ratcliffe, on the basis of NATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE!!!!

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Thought that was just for entry into Scotland under the current roles, not necessarily dodging any quarantine that might be in the pipeline.

FWIW, more and more cases off offshore transmission are being reported.  For example, the  Foinaven platform recently had to get closed down for an entire week because of a significant outbreak.

Id heard rumours but as you know they tend to "shut up shop" Do you know if all the companies are still sticking to the 3 days in a hotel with a negative test afore you fly?I know we do 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Know what just popped into my head and made me chuckle.... Imagine the crossover between people in England who think the vaccine is an elaborate mind control scam, and people who will be stood on their doorstep clattering household utensils tonight like tonorrow depends on it

I miss the 5g nutters they seem to have disappeared 🙁

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Cmon lads tynie needs to enjoy his weekends 

I'm sure he doesn't mind being on a wee weekend rota, not like he's doing anything at the weekend. 

Edited by ayrmad

I miss the 5g nutters they seem to have disappeared [emoji853]
The UK doesnt need an expensive vaccine campaign to control minds. They just need Spitfires, which I am increasingly convinced never actually existed and have been injected into the national consciousness by Derren fucking Brown.

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Then you could potentially have an annual booster shot on this sort of basis, if variants kept rearing their head elsewhere. As long as they don't start talking about a new strain the variant thing should be managable.

Absolute NAP that Sridhar and the gang will use this to peddle their zero Covid agenda, promising that if you just keep socially distancing and inventing sunshine in your mind until autumn then it'll all be over once the new new vaccine comes out.

Before they then start indicating concern about the North Vladivostok variant. 

16 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Id heard rumours but as you know they tend to "shut up shop" Do you know if all the companies are still sticking to the 3 days in a hotel with a negative test afore you fly?I know we do 

The operator I'm with has a one night quarantine with a test one day and a temperature check the next morning following a negative result (and temp check every day once out).  They've very recently introduced a second test that everybody has to get after 4 days on the platform (dedicated Covid medic).   As of a couple of days ago, all new arrivals must wear a snood/mask for those first four days.  OIM / company men really laying into those not socially distancing, as I probably would too tbh.

Eta: the second test is because the company had instances of people passing the first test but then developing symptoms and passing it on later.  It would seem that large handover meetings involving the infected aren't a particularly great idea. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

What happened to the culture of having your windaes panned for phoning the polis? Simpler times.

Different demographics. You’re referring to a proud working class culture particularly evident in the inner cities whereas these are petit bourgeois petty authoritarians who would’ve spearheaded any collaboration with the Third Reich if they had successfully crossed the Channel.

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I miss the 5g nutters they seem to have disappeared 🙁

They're all getting brought under the one umbrella these days. The UK really needs a proper Q-Anon movement to gather all these fruitloops together. 

It was an "anecdotal " answer and nowhere did I claim it was scientific but you crack on if you took it as such. Have a third of your family and friends had it ?
Well anecdotally, i got mine last night, and my auld faither (who's 81 and nearly died with the virus last summer after refusing to take up a ventilator space in hospital) was done a fortnight ago.

If you take out my two young kids that's a decent percentage of my family... Anecdotally.

The Kings Cross centre in Dundee was pretty busy last night, and they were rattling through folk at a good rate. Most folk didn't look like they were in their 80s either. It was good to see.

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The operator I'm with has a one night quarantine with a test one day and a temperature check the next morning following a negative result (and temp check every day once out).  They've very recently introduced a second test that everybody has to get after 4 days on the platform.   As of a couple of days ago, all new arrivals must wear a snood/mask for those first four days.

Eta: the second test is because the company had instances of people passing the first test but then developing symptoms and passing it on later.  It would seem that large handover meetings involving the infected aren't a particularly great idea.

Could be worse...we have had lads stuck all over the shop in the nicest parts of west africa just now...managed to get some to dubai so we flew wives over if they wanted 

I was lucky i was at home when it kicked off  as my colleague is in a hotel in Stavanger since march last year but managed to get his wife over 

Worst of all 2 guys died in Brazil along with at least 4 locals that i know 😥

16 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Ha I'm doing Saturday again to help out, incidentally we all received an email earlier asking for more availability due to increased requirements follwing changed SG guidelines.  I presume that change is to ramp up the numbers which is good.

This is going to pay for my new bathroom, the covid suite.

By an aston screw the bathroom 

So that's Belgium, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Sweden and Poland all recommending not to give the Aztrazeneca vaccine to the over 55/65s due to a lack of data.
What was the reason for not including more people aged 65+ in the trials? Given that's where the vast majority of the deaths are coming from and the main aim is presumably to stop deaths it sees rather silly to only have 10% of trial participants above that age (and that's being very kind).