Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, renton said:

It was a poor number, but was never likely to be setting a trend given the imminent increase in capacity from the mass vaccination centres. Those weren't set up in 24 hours in response to criticism of those poor figures, those were pre planned to give the required capacity at the required time.

Whether you agree or not with the stepped plan ScotGov are using, there is no doubt they are executing it in line with their targets.

9000 should never have been allowed to happen after the previous Sunday. 

Not convinced the SG have total control of the rollout, SAC have had to adjust their rollout as they had quite a few free days planned for February these centres should not be having days off once they're open IMHO. 

Edited by ayrmad

Good to hear that the vaccinations have ramped up. Hopefully pulling the target, which looked like it was slipping, back into sight. 

The capacity is clearly there so let's not see it wasted. 

Edited by Michael W

Not convinced the SG have total control of the rollout, SAC have had to adjust their rollout as they had quite a few free days planned for February these centres should not be having days off once they're open IMHO. 
SAC ???

South Ayrshire merely provide the buildings the rollout is down to NHSAandA

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

SAC ???

South Ayrshire merely provide the buildings the rollout is down to NHSAandA

I know but the local reporting was only commenting on South Ayrshire so I'm not sure whether AAHB have split it into 3 entities for the rollout. 

The calendar in the article only contained South Ayrshire centres. 

Edited by ayrmad

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

This i do agree with. While there might have been some mitigating circumstances such as moving the resources to the new hubs etc, that figure was unacceptable at this stage.  Criticism was justified even if they do appear to have kept with the timetable.

47 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Not always, I do know two people now who have died of it. One was a nurse in her 20s and she was pretty fit, I knew her through my old CrossFit class. The other was a lady I went swimming with, in her 40s but again not overweight and in reasonable health.

Of course I realise that’s anecdotal as well but I think the assumption it’s essentially harmless to all young, fit people isn’t a true one. There is also the issue of longer-term illness and recovery as well which needs to be considered.

'Not always' is true of anything, though, just unfortunately more true of a pandemic virus. The data is still clear regarding who is going to be affected, and I don't irrationally fear getting it. That said, I will still be doing my duty and taking the vaccine when offered.

43 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It’s just a shame they bought all those planes that keep falling out of the sky because they were going cheap.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-orders-75-boeing-max-8200-aircraft-210-in-total/

Since being re-certified as safe to fly, no Boeing 737 MAX plane has 'fallen out of the sky'.

Any new quarantine measures will be a great laugh for rUK-based offshore workers.  

Interesting to see if such folk will get key worker exemption, or whether a week or two of their three weeks off will be spent in an Aberdeen hotel prior to flying out.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Any new quarantine measures will be a great laugh for England-based 3-on-3-off offshore workers.  

Interesting if such folk will get key worker exception, or whether a week or two of their three weeks off will be spent in an Aberdeen hotel.

They have key workers letters so will have an exception 

17 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

They have key workers letters so will have an exception 

Thought that was just for entry into Scotland under the current roles, not necessarily dodging any quarantine that might be in the pipeline.

FWIW, more and more cases of offshore transmission are being reported.  For example, the  Foinaven platform recently had to get closed down for an entire week because of a significant outbreak.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Know what just popped into my head and made me chuckle.... Imagine the crossover between people in England who think the vaccine is an elaborate mind control scam, and people who will be stood on their doorstep clattering household utensils tonight like tonorrow depends on it

56 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Not always, I do know two people now who have died of it. One was a nurse in her 20s and she was pretty fit, I knew her through my old CrossFit class. The other was a lady I went swimming with, in her 40s but again not overweight and in reasonable health.

Of course I realise that’s anecdotal as well but I think the assumption it’s essentially harmless to all young, fit people isn’t a true one. There is also the issue of longer-term illness and recovery as well which needs to be considered.

The assumption is absolutely true. These are an absolutely tiny fraction of overall cases: and being a nurse involves an inherently higher degree of exposure. Many more fit adults will die of suicide or road accidents this year and last than Covid. Flu also kills healthy people, but the assumption that it will not is still valid.

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Its the worst anecdotal evidence you could provide. You're one step away from covid denying "nane eh ma m8s huv hud it so its no real" nonsense. 

You clearly weren't around for his 'here's how many people are following lockdown rules based on how busy the Irvine-Troon trains are' phase then.