Coronavirus (COVID-19)

They announced yesterday there'll be a significant increase in testing for teachers and pupils but nothing on the vaccine front. Doubt there will be any change on the priority list now.
Theres no need for any dramatic changes to the regime. Despite what they are continually telling us drones, they will be more than aware that the vaccines are and will increasingly provide protection to everyone in "the herd" by virtue of their impact on transmission*

By the time schools even get the chance to cause an uptick in infections in the community, all of those liable to need hospital care will be vaccinated, and we should be well on the way down the list providing further breaks in the chain.

Going to try to avoid speculating on what irrelevances like Leitch and Sridhar want from now on tbh for the benefit of my own health, because "the science" ie the work of the big boys who are at the leading edge of dealing with this is providing one good news story after another and soon that tide will take them out to sea.

*pretty much in line with what vaccines do despite the desperate scaremongering to the contrary.

It's beyond pathetic. Same question with the same answer for weeks then fatty Baillie waddles in and doubles down on it.

Neither seems to be able to grasp the concept that in any program someone needs to be first and someone needs to be last. Baillie seems to think 1m letters should have been issued in 1 day ffs.

I thought the best bit in Baillies question was about the 94 year old who isn’t able to contact her GP, but is presumably able to contact her local Labour Party MSP...

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It was an "anecdotal " answer and nowhere did I claim it was scientific but you crack on if you took it as such. Have a third of your family and friends had it ?

Its the worst anecdotal evidence you could provide. You're one step away from covid denying "nane eh ma m8s huv hud it so its no real" nonsense. 

Davidson getting an absolute beat down there. Getting laughed at when she started ranting about the armed forces, being the highlight. Tories are a strange breed, with their obsession regarding the forces. Nicola Sturgeon rightly pointing out that Scotland is entitled to help from the armed forces if required, as we pay for it with our taxes.

4 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Nicola Sturgeon absolutely schooling Davidson and Baillie. 

I'd imagine some of the knicker-wetting spammers  on here will also be disappointed at the uptick vaccination numbers.   

Not remotely disappointed, delighted actually - I don’t imagine anyone is so don’t talk utter shite. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

I'd imagine some of the knicker-wetting spammers  on here will also be disappointed at the uptick vaccination numbers.   

f**k me now Rennie has a go with basically the same question again. Awful stuff.

Say what you want about Richard Leonard's lack of ability as a politician but he was in the politics game for the right reasons.   You can tell Davidson, Baillie and Wee Willie Rennie would will have been boiling after seeing Scottish figures outperforming those in rUK.    Scottish deaths are about 1/2 the rate of England and these lines will continue to grow apart given the work of the SG and the 'late, dont care' politics of the UK gov.   Thankfully most people can see through it.  

Hopefully all Premiership teams clap just before kick-off for Captain Sir Thomas Moore [emoji122][emoji22][emoji636]

Some things are more important than football [emoji17]
Imagine the boiling of piss when they take a knee instead.

11 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

On the bright side there will be def be an uptick in dryness of underwear 

14 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

I think the response on here has been pretty decent, an average of 1 jab per vaccintor last Sunday was pathetic. 

I think we were right to question the rate of vaccination and the somewhat ambivalent response from the weekend.  That said, glad to see it's improving and hopefully it will be maintained.  Also good to see NS noting the study that looks at the effect on transmission is positive.  Hopefully we might start to see an acknowledgement that lockdowns are not the only way to drive case numbers down.  

Good to see the vaccine numbers up.

More importantly, both those in hospital and those in ICU are down a chunk as well - hopefully the start of a more sustained drop.

Yes as you say decent falls in hospital numbers.
ICU 128 from 142 yesterday.
Total hospital numbers 1871 (down by 63 according to BBC.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I think the response on here has been pretty decent, an average of 1 jab per vaccintor last Sunday was pathetic. 

It was a poor number, but was never likely to be setting a trend given the imminent increase in capacity from the mass vaccination centres. Those weren't set up in 24 hours in response to criticism of those poor figures, those were pre planned to give the required capacity at the required time.

Whether you agree or not with the stepped plan ScotGov are using, there is no doubt they are executing it in line with their targets.

Edited by renton

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Anyone know how many per day we need now to reach the targets?

That info used to be posted on here almost immediately after the briefing...

1.1 million by February 15th. Or, 37.5k a day.