Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 hours ago, bairn88 said:
I'm not sure sitting watching sport counts as physical activity. Maybe it does.
What's painfully clear is crowds at football is abysmally far down on Scotgov's list of priorities. Given it's basically a national obsession and the activity can be done practically risk free I think it's very very poor. 
It won't matter for much longer though. Crowds will return in Eng in April/May, maybe 50% capacity eg at Wembley in Euros. Leitch will shrivel up and melt away when he realises his fantasies of keeping crowds to 200 or less would be laughed at by everyone. 

Individual FAs / Governments have no say on crowds at the Euros, that's to be a Europe wide UEFA decision (at the moment anyway early April, had been March). I really cant see anything but closed door.

I am hopeful for crowds at Hampden tbh, hearing relatively positive things that UEFA are pushing for it. 

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Aye Jase is a big fan of Sparta.

Remember though no chanting, food or drink.

You will however be able to join wee Jase in his methodist church in Airdrie for a big sing song.  Hallelujah brother.

I never thought that as a Clydebank fan some w****r from airdrie would ever get to destroy football for me again, but here we are!

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Tynierose said:
Tomorrow's headline in the Sun.
Outrage as lags get jags...
Followed a quote of indignation from Kelly-Marie whose 82 year old maw still husnae hid the jag or heard fae anyone but they're getting it...
Later it will be discovered that said lady either didn't go for it or isn't actually registered with a practice.

Brian Booth (Chairman - West Yorkshire Police Federation) was harping on about this the other day - why are the police unions just full of right wing scumbags?

I know in Scotland the leaders arent even elected at national level by the members so you don’t half get some absolute cretins doing it. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

If I’ve got this wrong then apologies, but my understanding is that the entire package of restrictions we have endured for nearly one year now - lockdowns, wash your hands, cover your face, work from home, 2m distance, the works, everything - was designed to ensure the NHS would not be driven to collapse through the sheer number of Covid cases. If the NHS collapsed, this would result in people dying from Covid, who need not have died from it. Have I got this right? It was not to try and eradicate Covid, it was to protect the NHS, and stop un-necessary excess death. It wasn’t to get cases to zero and give New Zealand a run for their money.

Another thing I think I’ve picked up over the last eleven months is that the way out of this was a vaccine. We have a vaccine. It is being rolled out as fast as possible. As more and more people are vaccinated - running alongside this, get the restrictions to fcuk. Everything. 

Anyone who thinks we should have restrictions in September or into 2022 just to be sure. Fine, stay indoors, keep wearing a mask, don’t see your family, don’t buy a concert ticket, don’t go to a football match, don’t go to a barber. Keep washing your hands and carry on just as you are right now. For as long as you fcuking like. No-one will force you to go out on the lash, hug your mates, pile into a fitba’ match and go for a curry at the weekend.

Washing hands is a restriction? Manky b*****d. 

22 minutes ago, Left Back said:

How can the R number only just have dropped below 1 if this wave peaked a while ago?  This makes no sense.

New cases peaked about a month ago, so the number of people with covid probably peaked about a day ago. If there are say 100,000 people with coronavirus, r=1 means each of them will on average infect 1 person. Say these people are on average half way through a four week bout, If 70,000 have already infected someone, then you'd expect 30,000 new cases from this cohort over the next two weeks. Obviously those 30,000 will also infect people so that won't be all the new cases. 

39 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As is consistently pointed out - how do you prove you've had the vaccine?

It is being discussed and they seem to be back tracking on statements of last week.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/covid-19-vaccine-passport-discussed-19822221

Last week, Mr Zahawi said: "One, we don't know the impact of the vaccines on transmission; two, it would be discriminatory and I think the right thing to do is to make sure people come forward to be vaccinated because they want to rather than it being made in some ways mandatory through a passport."

But he added: "If other countries obviously require some form of proof, you can ask your GP - because your GP will hold the records - and of course that will then be able to be used as your proof that you have had your vaccine, but we are not planning to have a passport in the UK."

According to Sky News, the Foreign Office will help design the international certificate system - and the proposal has been signed off by Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab ahead of tomorrow's meeting. 

But officials are said to be "nervous" about when to roll the system out - or even announce it publicly.

36 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Except it's illegal for any uk citizen to travel to any of those countries for non essential purposes so their entry rules remain irrelevant

Even Sunak saying tonight it's too early to start easing and he too is doubling down on the don't book a holiday message. Also talk again of more sweeping furlough extensions.

Aye I think we're more than aware of that, the point is these countries are looking at how to open up to visitors in a sensible manner.  Unlike this god forsaken place of course.

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Aye I think we're more than aware of that, the point is these countries are looking at how to open up to visitors in a sensible manner.  Unlike this god forsaken place of course.

Greece just need hard currency because of the extreme austerity imposed on them. 

They are the EU equivalent of a woman turning tricks to feed the weans. Sensible has nothing to do with it. 

Edited by Detournement

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

With the deadlier strain the numbers have dropped quicker than March despite more people out and about.

Its basically schools causing most of it isn’t it?

No chance. The wee man husny hud it. Just the scum and tinks driving infection rates for me Clive.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Greece just need hard currency because of the extreme austerity imposed on them. 

They are the EU equivalent of a woman turning tricks to feed the weans. Sensible has nothing to do with it. 

It's a comment on the process of admitting visitors to the country (tourists or otherwise) not on the need.  They, along with others are planning how to do it sensibly and no doubt more will join in over the next few months.

26 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Washing hands is a restriction? Manky b*****d. 

Congratulations. You have also won a prize in Pozbaird’s Friday night FFS OK it’s a requirement competition. TWO packets of Greenock Morton branded face masks, and a ‘Fcuk Off Leitch’ T Shirt. 😀