Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What's this?
https://www.find-tender.service.gov.uk/Notice/005534-2021
"The Executive Office requires the immediate appointment of an advertising contractor to build on and continue to deliver a multimedia advertising campaign on COVID-19. The contract duration is for two years commencing on 1 April 2021"

Just the very men
Two jabs (just a small) p***kIMG_1442.jpg

Class. Looks like the Castlemilk and Lochend variants are soon to become a reality. I'm sure this won't help keep the whole charade going on even longer.

Meanwhile, more busted flush testing that the Government have spunked countless millions on, so just have to use, are on their way. Fantastic...

Note: the population vaccinated figure is a percentage of their entire population, so includes under-18s. It is over 80% of all adults.

Basically, just get the vaccine in enough people then let us get on with normal life you sociopathic c**ts.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Don't think the delay will matter a great deal, I think we need to minimise waste mean time including a register of those living closest to the vaccination Hibs that can be called in to get doses of vaccines that would otherwise be chucked out.

Good news for the residents of Albion Place I suppose.

48 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Class. Looks like the Castlemilk and Lochend variants are soon to become a reality. I'm sure this won't help keep the whole charade going on even longer.

Meanwhile, more busted flush testing that the Government have spunked countless millions on, so just have to use, are on their way. Fantastic...

If anyone wondered by the T&T budget is £37bn, there's part of the explanation. 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Wanting adults tested twice a week, fcking hell 😂

People are that naive they dont realise it's so case numbers continue to be high, therefore they can scare the perpetually scared into staying in their homes and accepting restrictions. 

I think what this thread has taught me is that i was right to get rid of social media. People losing their shit over some random writing something on twitter. Until it comes from boris or nicola then ill be happy ignoring them

EU stuff fearmongering or is there a genuine chance that the vaccine rollout is going to get fucked up here? 
Some from column a some from column b. I assume some sort of deal will be reached but the EU have absolutely lost a lot of ProEU support over this. It's unreal for them to be moaning and threatening to block the AZ one when they have single handedly tried to f**k it over at every opportunity. My guess is this is their latest attempt to save face PR wise over their latest f**k up.

I'm more surprised its the AZ one they are threatening and not the Pfizer.

I read somewhere (may have been a link earlier on here) that an analytics company have worked out that them delaying the shipments to us would result in a 2 month delay to the UK rollout being completed but would only result in the current EU schedule coming forward by one week.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

EU stuff fearmongering or is there a genuine chance that the vaccine rollout is going to get fucked up here? 

Have the UK stockpiled doses for 2nd jabs? With over 50% done with first dose and only 4% with second it seems a hell of a lot to fit in over a 12 week time frame if there is problems with delivery. that's 25m doses plus all of the first doses promised to all adults by July.

I do think it's important to view the eu shenanigans through the prism of the UK press and the tories' desperation to paint every single issue as being brexit related. It's really comfortable (as @Tynierosesaid above) for "our" side to have a bogeyman, someone to blame, and the eu being awful and vindictive and only doing anything through reason of revenge fits perfectly in that jigsaw. 

That's not to say they're not being utter c***s, or being kneejerk idiots obvs and have made an almighty f**k up of at the absolute minimum, the optics. 

Edited by madwullie

23 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I do think it's important to view the eu shenanigans through the prism of the UK press and the tories' desperation to paint every single issue as being brexit related. It's really comfortable (as @Tynierosesaid above) for "our" side to have a bogeyman, someone to blame, and the eu being awful and vindictive and only doing anything through reason of revenge fits perfectly in that jigsaw. 

That's not to say they're not being utter c***s, or being kneejerk idiots obvs and have made an almighty f**k up of at the absolute minimum, the optics. 

Not much heavy lifting has been required from the UK press since the moment Macron let the phrase 'quasi-ineffective' drip off his tongue. 

Away down to Dewars this morning. Decided to help volunteer with the vaccine rollout.

Maybe I’ll be lucky enough to get my 2nd dose 7 weeks early if I’m nice enough.

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Dunno about the rest of the EU but they've utterly fucked it here in Germany. Utterly fucked it. 

Rest of the EU is pretty much the same.

I don't think you'll see export blocks on AZ though. If the UK Government has any sense, it'll promise Ireland its spare vaccines in exchange for vetoing the block.

There’s definitely some nuance to the EU debate that isn’t really mentioned in our media. AZ have hugely under-delivered to the EU (about 60m doses out, or two thirds) and they have a factory in the Netherlands which is set up to send vaccines to the UK. There’s little doubt the same media would be going absolutely tonto if foreign types were getting vaccines from Wrexham while there were shortages here.

Additionally, and this is probably the important bit, the UK has effectively placed an export ban on the AZ vaccine. There isn’t an official ‘ban’ but the contract signed with AZ prevents UK-made vaccine being exported to other countries. So it’s effectively a ban, but hidden behind well-worked contract law. The EU have no such clause in their contracts and in fact the EU have exported about 47 million vaccines worldwide, the UK has exported zero. So while an EU ban at this stage would be very poor form and they’d come out looking like the bad guys, would they actually be the bad guys? Certainly still a bit but maybe not quite as much as it appears on the face of it.

This is however all set against a backdrop of the EU having an absolute disaster of a vaccine rollout, particularly with AZ. No over 65’s, everyone, nobody at all, over 55’s only is the criteria over the last four weeks alone in France. Quasi-ineffective according to Macron, Merkel said she wouldn’t take it in line with guidance at the time. 14 million doses are currently sitting unused in the EU, and over 50% of respondents in each of France, Spain, Italy and Germany now believe the vaccine to be unsafe. That’s all entirely self-inflicted and you do need to ask whether they’d be better funnelling energy into the other vaccines at this stage.

Both supply chains are reliant on each other though so literally nobody wins in a tit-for-tat banning battle. It would be a monumentally stupid road for us all to go down, the EU fucked up at the start with their contracts and need to take the hit. No doubt vaccine nationalism is on the rise, India are clearly withholding 5m doses from the UK despite government protests that they aren’t, in the same way they’re withholding doses from Brazil, Saudi Arabia and Morocco. All set up for humanity to shoot itself in the foot very shortly without a cooling of tensions.

44 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I mean, I'd be inclined to agree if there weren't direct quotes from the likes of Mairead McGuinness and Ursula vd Leyen making themselves out to be the bogeymen. And this is before the likes of France and Germany's handling of the entire vaccine rollout.

I agree in terms of spin usually but there's very little spin required here given they've done this to themselves. The EU have made a complete mess of this and are in full on damage control mode and need to be seen to be doing something because right now, people who are living in member states will be boiling it down to 'Britain left EU and they have control over their own vaccine supply, we are still in the EU and are being drip fed vaccines too slowly'.

The easiest thing for them to do is shift blame onto the UK Gov and make out that they are hoovering up all the vaccine for themselves, regardless of contracts because that shifts blame away from EU being incompetent and onto the UK Gov for being greedy. I mean, let's be honest, if we were still in the EU and say, it was Germany who had left and were ploughing on unabated with vaccines, I know for a fact people in this country would be asking WTF the EU are doing, rather than blaming Germany for ploughing ahead and vaccinating it's population.

No country should be so dependent on one chain of vaccine production when there are about a dozen that have gone through all the required testing. It's time for Moderna to move their hole, and for Europeans to stop blubbering about it and order the Sputnik jab from the Russians (which sensible governments are already doing).