Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I know a few.    They have been badly failed by the education system and conspiracy Facebook posts have filled the gap.  This advert won’t fix that.    I don’t even really know how to argue against them.   Explaining the science doesn’t do it as their base knowledge is so low.  Explaining statistics does nothing as they think 30 is a significant number.   They completely fail to understand basic concepts that everyone should have comfortably understood before leaving high school.

I know a scientist who helped develop and test the AZ who isnt taking it as they believe there hasnt been enough testing and the health risk to someone under 30 with no underlying health conditions is minute.

6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Maybe she is, maybe she isn’t. Either way she’s another example of a non-entity grimly clinging to some last vestige of previous “fame”.

Load of shite. 

I'm sure it's simply coincidence that the handful of "celebrities" who've come out as anti-vax/conspiracy nuts are absolute fucking Z-listers who are probably absolutely seething that lockdowns have prevented them from officially opening a new Morrison's or something. 

57 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'm sure it's simply coincidence that the handful of "celebrities" who've come out as anti-vax/conspiracy nuts are absolute fucking Z-listers who are probably absolutely seething that lockdowns have prevented them from officially opening a new Morrison's or something. 

Need a few names. Hoping for 9 "STARS" to get a new revamped Celebrity Squares presented by former DR Gillian McKeith where there are no real questions or answers just nods and winks.  So far I can get 3 squares filled with  Peter "5G" Ebdon.  Matt"Holocaust" Le Tissier. Denise"twitter quiter"Welch. Who else has made a c**t of themselves?

Celebrity Squares – TV Cream

Edited by dirty dingus

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

Devi also on the news implying we’re wasting loads of doses and we should be getting those to India instead.  How many does she think we’re wasting?

Not sure why we'd send vaccines when the Z-list Celebrity Pandemic Advisor can head there herself and tell the people of New Delhi that if they only invent their own sunshine while destroying their own economy then they'll enjoy an idyllic zero Covid future. That should keep her out of the way for a few years. 

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Today will be a glorious day for curtain twitchers moaning about other people doing things they're perfectly entitled to be doing. Waiting for the first picture of a moderately busy pub or restaurant titled "third wave incoming".

Just enjoy it. I highly recommend muting the term "third wave" on twitter.

10 hours ago, Left Back said:

Devi also on the news implying we’re wasting loads of doses and we should be getting those to India instead.  How many does she think we’re wasting?

Another misleading fact trotted out that we have enough doses to vaccinate the country 4 times over.  Big difference between ordered and have but don’t let that get in the way of an agenda.

Wasted doses are generally a direct consequence of people not turning up for their appointments or, in some cases, poor planning. We are certainly not wasting doses on purpose. 

Whatever we are wasting is also like pissing in the Pacific Ocean when it comes to India. Its a country of more than 1.3bn - it will make no impact at all. 

Like you note, the number quoted for the UK include vaccines that are ordered and haven't yet been made. Not to mention that most our orders have also been delayed. 

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Today will be a glorious day for curtain twitchers moaning about other people doing things they're perfectly entitled to be doing. Waiting for the first picture of a moderately busy pub or restaurant titled "third wave incoming".

^^^ Covidiot scum vermin

Wonder how many of the population have gone back for their first day off furlough today. There will obvious be a rough number for this but unsure if its reasily available.

A happy wee landmark in terms of normality. Iv just SELFISHLY PUT OTHERS AT RISK by actually walking into Greggs for a coffee rather than ordering at the door.

Also, its time all these folk cutting in on the shift work racket got back to the day jobs and let me return to handling my business at the quiet times.

Wonder how many of the population have gone back for their first day off furlough today. There will obvious be a rough number for this but unsure if its reasily available.

A happy wee landmark in terms of normality. Iv just SELFISHLY PUT OTHERS AT RISK by actually walking into Greggs for a coffee rather than ordering at the door.

Also, its time all these folk cutting in on the shift work racket got back to the day jobs and let me return to handling my business at the quiet times.

^^^ Covidiot scum vermin

McKeith wasn’t just a Z-list celebrity, she was a pseudoscience peddler. There is no reason to poke though peoples faeces to diagnose issues with their diet. She also recommends things like detox diets - anything with ‘detox’ in it related to diet is bullshit - and colonic irrigation, none of which have any evidence to back them up.

The far right, New World Order, ZOG type Covid conspiracies are pretty self evident but don’t underestimate the hippy dippy, organic chai seed type conspiracist stuff about vaccines and government control and big food/pharma.