Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

He used exactly the same wording as Scotland's Chief Medical Officer earlier today - you can go out once for exercise, and walk, run or cycle with people from your household. 

Might have had input from her.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Left deliberately vague and, even worse, to many businesses.

Aye, I fear folk still will not take heed. There simply aren't enough police to enforce the break up of gatherings of more than 2 folk everywhere.

Well I have no idea if my work is or not. No communication from them either.

On 12/03/2020 at 13:52, virginton said:

More Chinese-style truncheon to the face tactics to begin with = fewer ridiculous and utterly inconsistent ‘suggestions/recommendations/mebbe a direct order eventually’ sweeping interventions from governments across Europe. They’ve made an absolute mess of this, which was predictable as soon as it reached the West.

Image result for greggy wallace pie and bovril

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Didn't the panic buying in this country start just a couple of weeks ago?

Some things have use by dates of only days after you buy them, sometimes even two or one days.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Well I have no idea if my work is or not. No communication from them either.

Your work will make the decision at some point. Unfortunately too many places of business will decide that they are essential.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Didn't the panic buying in this country start just a couple of weeks ago?

If the supermarkets in my town were anything to go by, the panic buying was focussed on fresh meat, fresh veg, milk and eggs. All would have gone off by now. 

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

No, they will be but this herd immunity shit is bizarre. If anyone came up with this then where is the science?

Its why we vaccinate against MMR and Flu. In fact this is a big part of the argument against the antivaxxer twats is that they reduce our herd immunity.

The issue in this instance is the rate of hospitalization and requirement from critical care plus the growth speed of the virus meant our usual strategy went from a strength to a weakness. 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Exercise allowed. Heads gone in the Marshmallo household.

Give it a week. The PM will back on TV making another speech telling folk that they had their chance and that going outside for exercise is now also banned.

Guest Moomintroll
Amazon still be doing deliveries but?
I would assume they should not be unless it is for food but it has been left somewhat vague.

Just now, dorlomin said:

Its why we vaccinate against MMR and Flu. In fact this is a big part of the argument against the antivaxxer twats is that they reduce our herd immunity.

The issue in this instance is the rate of hospitalization and requirement from critical care plus the growth speed of the virus meant our usual strategy went from a strength to a weakness. 

It's almost as if trying to obtain herd immunity from a novel, live virus rather than an inert vaccine form was a really fucking stupid idea in the first place.