Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

R rate in Glasgow is virtually 2 at the moment.
Obviously this is over last 7 days of data only where cases have doubled.
Will be very interesting next couple of days of figures to see if it quickly plateaus or continues upwards.

141 cases in NHSGGC, up from 94 yesterday. Even if there's been an issue with the reporting of cases in the past few days, the numbers are heading back up in past 7 days, heading towards what they were near the end of March. 

2 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Aren’t they doing that for Moray just now, but yeah Wales are motoring through. We should be doing in the same.

It appears Wales are using up more of their stock of vaccines, whereas the rest of the UK is being a little more cautious, keeping enough in reserve so that they don't run out for second doses if there's any unexpected drop in supplies.

Easy enough for the Scottish Government to ok more vaccines to push ahead with first doses for everyone under 40 in somewhere like Moray, quite a big undertaking if they were to do the same in Greater Glasgow area.

It appears Wales are using up more of their stock of vaccines, whereas the rest of the UK is being a little more cautious, keeping enough in reserve so that they don't run out for second doses if there's any unexpected drop in supplies.
Easy enough for the Scottish Government to ok more vaccines to push ahead with first doses for everyone under 40 in somewhere like Moray, quite a big undertaking if they were to do the same in Greater Glasgow area.
Still no appointment for 1st dose for the majority of 45-49yo yet !

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
3 minutes ago, s_dog said:

I know a few folk in Moray with no underlying health conditions in their 30s now getting the vaccine, so hopefully it'll move to more populated areas soon

59% of all 40-50 year olds have received the vaccine, so I’d wager the vast majority of 45-49 year olds have had it in their arms let alone waiting for an appointment.

Progress in this group has been painfully slow though. Second doses really screwing us.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Just look at the Taff case rates, and then look at the greater percentage of people they have got a first dose of vaccine to. Indeed, to younger cohorts that are more likely to transmit, which tells you everything you need to know. We should be doing the exact same thing they are by firing through doses in storage, to nip this Moray/Glasgow nonsense in the bud.

Sounds like they are looking at this in England as well. Bolton being a prime candidate. 

Edited by Michael W

18 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Aren’t they doing that for Moray just now, but yeah Wales are motoring through. We should be doing in the same.

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Sounds like they are looking at thus in England as well. Bolton being a prime candidate. 

Can't wait for the 'but this will pressure the virus into mutating round the vaccinezzz!!111', which is of course, categorical nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 minutes ago, s_dog said:

This is demographic I'm in (47). 

In our pals' group chat of 11 of us all round same age and in different areas, we've all had a first jag except one in Uddingston who's not even had a letter yet. 

I think it's just pot luck in your health board and specific GP practice. 

My wife is 44 and was jagged yesterday. I'm 41 and get mine on Friday. Her only side effect is that her arm feels a bit "heavy". 

She was rubbing where the jab was on her arm and asked me to feel it (she thinks it feels like a hard wee lump). So in I go with my big sausage fingers and poke it. I meant t be gentle but for whatever reason it came out like a finger punch. She was really unhappy. I can expect revenge treatment on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

My wife is 44 and was jagged yesterday. I'm 41 and get mine on Friday. Her only side effect is that her arm feels a bit "heavy". 

She was rubbing where the jab was on her arm and asked me to feel it (she thinks it feels like a hard wee lump). So in I go with my big sausage fingers and poke it. I meant t be gentle but for whatever reason it came out like a finger punch. She was really unhappy. I can expect revenge treatment on Saturday.

That's just the tracking chip, tell her it's nothing to worry about and to get the latest MS updates.  

23 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

1st doses up to 20k yesterday for  the first time in weeks. looks like AZ is back on the scene for first doses so hopefully start motoring through again as past the peak of the second doses. 

Screenshot_20210512_152124_com.android.chrome.jpg

I got my first jag on Sunday and it was AZ

The rises in Glasgow are so fucking annoying. I can just see the restrictions coming back, followed by Renfrewshire/Lanarkshire and we're back where we were. I'm so pissed with the whole thing right now. 

They've been trying to get cases down in Pollokshields areas for ages as it was bad earlier in the year too. No idea how it continues to be so bad. 

20 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I didn’t realise that the hospital number includes the ICU. The way they present it I thought they’d separated it, so it’s 65 total currently in hospital including ICU.

Do they not usually say x amount in hospital, of which x amount are in an ICU?

The rises in Glasgow are so fucking annoying. I can just see the restrictions coming back, followed by Renfrewshire/Lanarkshire and we're back where we were. I'm so pissed with the whole thing right now. 
They've been trying to get cases down in Pollokshields areas for ages as it was bad earlier in the year too. No idea how it continues to be so bad. 

I’m amazed the rising numbers in Glasgow weren’t mentioned in the briefing yesterday. They must be quite confident it wouldn’t affect hospital numbers?

9 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

cases don't matter if 99% of them are just a wee tough of the sniffles . thats what vaccines are for.

mate in his 50s with asthma recently had covid, he'd had his first vaccine . felt a bit shit but nothing serious, wife and kids tested negative the whole time .

59% of all 40-50 year olds have received the vaccine, so I’d wager the vast majority of 45-49 year olds have had it in their arms let alone waiting for an appointment.

Progress in this group has been painfully slow though. Second doses really screwing us.
I missed out locally ie South Ayrshire which seems extremely slow