Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I don't really want to cast judgement here on people who made a journey that they were perfectly entitled to make, but those in the medical profession abandoning India like that ought to hang their heads in shame.
It's not as if the NHS is just going to offer them a job on arrival either. 
There was no suggestion of then seeking NHS work to be fair. It was portrayed that they were riding out the pandemic looking to return afterwards but yes certainly questionable behaviour upping and leaving mud crisis.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, s_dog said:
Do you mean in the Greater Glasgow area? I know a few people in Glasgow itself who've had their jags a week or two ago, though I do also know someone in their late 50's who hasn't had his yet, but I keep telling him to phone them up as he's clearly fallen off their list! Overall the 40-49 age group is apparently at 58% had their first dose & according to Travelling Tabby, they've done 80k first doses in this age group in the past week, far more than any other (next highest is 40k second doses for the 65-69 age group).

South Ayrshire. Virtually none of the 40-49 cohort at my work have even had the blue envelope yet. Oddly despite the same NHS board East Ayrshire seems further on.

North Ayrshire the same, yet we seemed well ahead of the curve earlier on with the over 80's and over 70's groups.

I think its reassuring somewhat that the noise seems to be about expanding vaccinations to younger age groups to combat this, rather than reimpose lockdown measures.
When push comes to shove the success and effectivness of the vaccines will have to be acknowledged, despite all the negative bullshit that has been spouted.

Such as when folk are squawking about reintroducing measures in winter because of a few cases.

Hospitals are ok. Shut up. Stay in tbe house if you want.

34 minutes ago, super_carson said:
56 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I think its reassuring somewhat that the noise seems to be about expanding vaccinations to younger age groups to combat this, rather than reimpose lockdown measures.

Even Jason Leitch mentioned to the BBC this evening when they were saying Glasgow is at 58 per 100k so that's level 3 that it is one of a basket of measures. Hospital numbers are low, mortality is low, positivity is Low. 

Media really need to stop this absolute focus on positive cases. 

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So much for the "massive pent up demand "

Well no, not really:

On The Beach's Mr Cooper said it would not be offering foreign holidays to "green list" countries because "it is very likely that we will see regular fluctuations in destinations' traffic light classifications".

"Given this, there is too much uncertainty for us to take new bookings with confidence that they will go ahead, or for us to know the potential inconvenience or incremental costs that customers might experience or incur," he said.

"Unlike many of our competitors, we have no interest in selling holidays that are unlikely to happen, as our business model enables us to put customers first, rather than needing to get cash in the door to contribute to high fixed costs, and offering refunds in the form of a voucher when holidays get cancelled."

This is tear-stained bluster for 'as a wee diddy travel outfit, we'd be on the hook for this later and don't have the working capital to cope'. 

This is tear-stained bluster for 'as a wee diddy travel outfit, we'd be on the hook for this later and don't have the working capital to cope'. 
They most certainly won't be the only ones in that boat if it pans out like they seem to think it will.