Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a bit of Leitch bashing.

I am amazed at how Leitch is mis-quoted or taken out of context so often on this thread.  Some clearly don't like his style and will moan anytime he opens his mouth.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Jason Leitch losing the plot with Rangers fans planning to march in celebration of their first league title.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/19299319.jason-leitch-fires-warning-rangers-fan-title-march-plans-amid-spike-covid-infections/

Meh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It's totally counterproductive. All him commenting like that does is boost publicity, pee off more Rangers fans and make it more likely that more folk turn up to the title march (or whatever it is).

Of course it gets Jason a full page in the Evening Times though, which is the main thing he'll be aiming for.

It's totally counterproductive. All him commenting like that does is boost publicity, pee off more Rangers fans and make it more likely that more folk turn up to the title march (or whatever it is).
Of course it gets Jason a full page in the Evening Times though, which is the main thing he'll be aiming for.
That would be fair comment if he was the lone dissenting voice but this march is being universally condemned. It's cringeworthy, jingoistic shite . By all means celebrate outside Ibrox but marching through the city on a Saturday afternoon is nonsense and that would be the case pandemic or no pandemic.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That would be fair comment if he was the lone dissenting voice but this march is being universally condemned. It's cringeworthy, jingoistic shite . By all means celebrate outside Ibrox but marching through the city on a Saturday afternoon is nonsense and that would be the case pandemic or no pandemic.

You could say that for most marches involving Rangers fans 👀

It's going to happen regardless of who comes out to condemn it. Imo Gerrard is the voice with the most authority over Rangers supporters, but they won't listen to him either. 

You could say that for most marches involving Rangers fans [emoji102]
It's going to happen regardless of who comes out to condemn it. Imo Gerrard is the voice with the most authority over Rangers supporters, but they won't listen to him either. 
Agreed it won't have a jot of influence but that's not a reason to attempt to point out the issue. I suspect "The Queens Highway" will be cited in defence.

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

To summarise the book a bit, theres a variety of reasons but massive cutbacks at news organisations means no one is checking the facts any more, or very very few, a story reported in one place will be churned out by every other news outlet (Churnalism he was calling it) add in instant news, agendas. Agenda's he reckoned every country had a broadsheet linked to its secret services and named then for quite a few

Yes, this is something I've noticed myself recently so basically there's no investigative journalism but just punters doing copy and paste jobs and selling it as "news".

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

You could say that for most marches involving Rangers fans 👀

Could they not just postpone it until the "glorious 12th" and then do a "doubler" ??

4 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I am amazed at how Leitch is mis-quoted or taken out of context so often on this thread.  Some clearly don't like his style and will moan anytime he opens his mouth.

Well, that's the problem really, he opens his mouth every fucking day on issues that don't concern him. He's the fucking advisor to the government, he's there to provide strategy to government, he has absolutely no authority to be telling anyone to do anything, yet he gets wheeled out as the Voice of the Pandemic that all must listen to. If Glasgow City Council don't want these events going ahead then perhaps they can work with the police and identify the people who are organising them online, then throw fines at them for arranging a mass gathering without going through the proper channels. Throwing Leitch into the paper to say "I warn you not to do it" helps absolutely nothing, and quite frankly I'm sick of listening the c**t. If he doesn't want stick then perhaps he can revert back to the anonymous c**t he was before March 2020 and nobody will have anything to dig him up for.

FWIW, the police will do f**k all to stop this celebration, they'll shrug their shoulders and say "you were asked not to do this", these articles provide the perfect arse covering they can point to later when the city centre is yet again left in a complete shambles. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I certainly have no love for either of the OF, but I have no gripes about this supposed march.  Theres been numerous outdoor gatherings over the last year (BLM/statue wars/Sarah Everard etc) and none have caused any great rise in infections. New York had a report the other day about how outdoor transmission accounted for less than 1% of cases. Ireland previously said the same thing. JL and HY cant single out Rangers for condemnation and then not do the same about the Palestine gatherings theres been and will be in George Square 

Would love to see their reaction to Hibs fans partying all over Leith next Saturday if we win the cup. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

31 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
43 minutes ago, Snafu said:
Union Bears haven't had their turn to celebrate.
I'm taking this as every Rangers supporters group will want their turn to celebrate if they haven't done so already.
Still meh about it all.
However Jason Leitch losing the plot over not being in control is mildly entertaining.

I'm not sure the article quoted constitutes "losing the plot". Reading it he has said publicly "don't do it" and is basically just reiterating what RFC officially have said to the fans group. It's a piece of antagonistic nonsense from the supporters group basically.

28 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a bit of Leitch bashing.

25 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Even Murdo Fraser has done the same on Twitter.

But...  CLOWNSHOES!

24 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

ENBCAiEWoAAwh-Q.jpg

On more important football matters, Dumbarton are asking season ticket holders to register interest for next Thursdays playoff. Expecting 500 in the ground. 

#FTOF

2 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Nick Davis Book - Flat earth News - explains a lot of why news is in the sate it is nowadays

That’s an old book now... a lot has changed since it was published.

The big change is that vast quantities of why you read now - especially online - is written by very inexperienced reporters almost straight out of uni with very little real supervision or editing process. The number of experienced people still working in newspapers has been decimated with overall head counts down and experienced staff understandably leaving to take far better pay and conditions working in PR and corporate comms and the like - or just leaving the profession altogether (as I did!).

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Clearly hit the spot...big team found perhaps.

Some day when speaking out against antagonistic shite from extremist OF supporters groups gets you branded using some yank patter a 6yo might use but that's where we are at it seems.

I think he’s totally lost the plot.  It’s like watching the last 6 weeks of Falkirk’s season as he unravels before us.  

A dribbling simpleton who will be going on ignore soon 

It's outdoors where transmission is basically non-existent, there is zero pressure on the NHS due to covid, football fans have been locked out all season and it's their first title in a decade, most of which they spent as a laughing stock. I struggle to get too excited about folk having their day outside. I'll avoid the city centre on Saturday.