Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Apologies if this is common knowledge or was posted in here already, but there's a website where you can check your appointment if you've not had an envelope yet:
https://invitations.vacs.nhs.scot/

I filled out my details last night, as did my other half.  I'm 31, she's 32 with no health concerns and we both have appointments for next week at the same time. Couple pals did it as well and seems like a good chunk of over 30s will be done in the next week or two in Edinburgh.  Apparently (total hear-say of course) there are problems with the blue envelope approach.  If true, I'm not sure why they are doubling down on sticking with it.  Snail mail is not the most efficient way (in terms of time or cost) to reach the demographic of the people they are now trying to vaccinate.  

Same ages and also did the same last night - was supposed to be in a couple of weeks for both of us but time wasn't particularly useful. Easily able to reschedule a week earlier, a good system if only they had actually made use of (or highlighted) it before.

36 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Apologies if this is common knowledge or was posted in here already, but there's a website where you can check your appointment if you've not had an envelope yet:

I filled out my details last night, as did my other half.  I'm 31, she's 32 with no health concerns and we both have appointments for next week at the same time. Couple pals did it as well and seems like a good chunk of over 30s will be done in the next week or two in Edinburgh.  

Thanks very much for that mate, only one in my family not dosed now is my sister in law, have passed those details onto her. 
There were images of people queuing outside the hydro the other day for spare doses, this is great, we should have been allowing it all along, no vaccine should be poured down the drain. 

38 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I filled out my details last night, as did my other half.  I'm 31, she's 32 with no health concerns and we both have appointments for next week at the same time. Couple pals did it as well and seems like a good chunk of over 30s will be done in the next week or two in Edinburgh.  Apparently (total hear-say of course) there are problems with the blue envelope approach.  If true, I'm not sure why they are doubling down on sticking with it.  Snail mail is not the most efficient way (in terms of time or cost) to reach the demographic of the people they are now trying to vaccinate.  

Cheers, next Tuesday for me apparently.

BBC reporting that the EU will allow free access to vaccinated British tourists.  It would be ironic if it wasn't the big bad EU that stopped people going on holiday this summer and it was Boris and co with their testing and isolation policies.

Did see another article related to travel that people have booked two holidays at the same time.  one in the UK and one abroad.  With the cancellation policies in place they can't lose money but obviously one of the holidays will be getting ditched.  No idea how widespread this is but given all the nonsense going on there could be a lot of cancelled holidays regardless this year.

59 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Did you get an actual time straight away? I just got an email saying they will send me details soon.

14 minutes ago, David W said:

Did you get an actual time straight away? I just got an email saying they will send me details soon.

I got an email and a text within 10 minutes of submitting my form and had full details of time, date and place..

Edited by NorthernLights

Just now, David W said:

Same with me as well. 
I am in my 20's mind so maybe I am not a priority even though I am in plague ridden Glasgow

12 minutes ago, Left Back said:

BBC reporting that the EU will allow free access to vaccinated British tourists.  It would be ironic if it wasn't the big bad EU that stopped people going on holiday this summer and it was Boris and co with their testing and isolation policies.

Granted the EU is in a different position having a number of countries that are actually nice to visit and also some highly dependent on tourism, they are taking the sensible approach here and are accepting the evidence showing the vaccines work. 

Johnson, meanwhile, is shitting the bed because of how badly the government got things wrong previously and is refusing to see it. 

That's what I got, although I was speculatively enquiring about my 2nd jag which I'm not due to get for several more weeks.

I know a few people have already mentioned it previously, but it's the haphazard and apparently blasé attitude to implementing restrictions that has me astonished. Huge sectors of the economy are shut down on a whim, causing significant social and economic problems for many. Not only does this happen but people are then repeatedly lied to as to how long this will be for. Three weeks to save the NHS, two week circuit breaker etc. Utter lies. Destructive lies, in fact. 
Even opening up is never an easy thing. Glasgow establishments have been shafted at short notice and the travel sector will similarly have its knees cut off whilst Johnson undermines it with his words in the meantime. Then there's the Indian variant panic that's currently ongoing. 
This isn't something like banning creosote or plastic straws, there are catastrophic impacts on people's lives from these restrictions. This is seldom acknowledged. 
Travel industry guy on the radio news this morning was saying that as far as they are concerned having "amber" list countries is fucking pointless.

20 minutes ago, David W said:

I did it about 11pm last night, got a reply back of 7 this morning.  My other half did it in the afternoon and got a reply straight away, so I'm not sure if there are specific times that it will reply at.  

11 minutes ago, H Wragg said:
20 minutes ago, David W said:

That's what I got, although I was speculatively enquiring about my 2nd jag which I'm not due to get for several more weeks.

It might be that your appointment hasn't actually been made yet.  I think this system is to find out when your appointment is if you've either not been told yet and you'd be due to get it soon or if you have received a letter but subsequently lost it.  

My appointment is early afternoon at Ingilston so will be a nice opportunity to escape work for an hour (or two, if I drive really, really slowly). 

I got a blue envelope for my 1st jag (2nd March) but when i hadn't heard anything else 10 weeks later I went to https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp to find out my 2nd appointment was 14th May.

That site also has a tab showing your vaccination status and you can download it as a pdf.

Screenshot_20210519-105254_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Arch Stanton

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not surprised given that large parts of the North of England are racist gammony hellholes.

You've got that right. I can't imagine the Pollokshields Two getting hauners from the neighbours down here. The absolute opposite, in fact. 

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I got a blue envelope for my 1st jag (2nd March) but when i hadn't heard anything else 10 weeks later I went to https://vacs.nhs.scot/csp to find out my 2nd appointment was 14th May.

That site also has a tab showing your vaccination status and you can download it as a pdf.

Screenshot_20210519-105254_Chrome.jpg

So if you know someones name, postocde and D.o.B. you can obtain their vaccination status?