Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:
14 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
A blue envelope today with a 14th June date for this twenty-something bear.

Unless you are the staunch kind of bear, I hope for your sake your timeslot is not during the Scotland match that afternoon.

Never even realised :lol: 

It's at half-time, I suppose that's something

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

Solution to this is to not have a wedding that boils down to paying thousands of pounds to pay for your wife's cousins' dinner. 

Sounds like the precursor to a lifetime of posting in the Infuriating Things your Partner Does thread when it's inevitably thrown back in your face every couple of weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Sounds like the precursor to a lifetime of posting in the Infuriating Things your Partner Does thread when it's inevitably thrown back in your face every couple of weeks. 

Well in my case, my fiance agrees with me.  I couldn't be arsed with someone absolutely desperate to spend our house deposit on 'vegetarian options' and photographers.

Hopefully CoVID will make folk realise that all this stuff is unnecessary. Though I suspect the opposite will happen and massive amounts will be spent on weddings when the restrictions are eased fully. 

41 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

This giving names and numbers needs to get binned. Even more so when you're having to do it at some two bit "junior" club that was lucky to get 60 folk there in non covid times *

*speaking of the two near me 

To be fair this is Kello hosting Auchinleck so it's possible they could get close to the limit if there's lots of Talbot fans wanting to see their team play for the first time in a year. 

I would understand if you're in a room with half a dozen people for an hour, you need everyone's name/number to get in touch with them so they can self-isolate.

But if you're socially distanced outdoors at a football match and you later test positive, what are Test & Protect going to do - ask the club for everyone's details? Or just ask you who was standing close to you - "my pal Dave, and some other guy I've never met before". Not like the club are going to know the location in the ground of every name on their list.

To be fair this is Kello hosting Auchinleck so it's possible they could get close to the limit if there's lots of Talbot fans wanting to see their team play for the first time in a year. 
I would understand if you're in a room with half a dozen people for an hour, you need everyone's name/number to get in touch with them so they can self-isolate.
But if you're socially distanced outdoors at a football match and you later test positive, what are Test & Protect going to do - ask the club for everyone's details? Or just ask you who was standing close to you - "my pal Dave, and some other guy I've never met before". Not like the club are going to know the location in the ground of every name on their list.
Odd one for me. Go to Morrisons for shopping no problem. Decide to have a coffee in Morrisons fill out a form. Mental.

Hospital data in England showing changes in the last week. Cases were up by around 30% if I remember correctly. 

Outside of a large spike in ventilator beds in the North West, which unfortunately have doubled, everywhere else is flat. I do wonder if we'll end up with another Johnson v Burnham bunfight over this. 

Edited by Michael W

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

An unnecessarily sarcastic response, bizarre.

You can’t be serious with this though. Are you seriously suggesting that having a mountain of holiday time compared to the vast majority of professions is not only not a key driver for why people choose the role, but is in fact actually a negative of the job?

It's clearly a perk of the job.  

The fact that holidays are fixed offsets it a bit, but the perk remains significant.

Yeah I don't really think we, as teachers, can really complain about holidays.  It's a bit of a pain in the arse that holidays are more expensive at that time and there's not any flexibility, but anyone with kids could say the same thing if they were trying to go away  - provided they don't pull them from school in term time, which they're not supposed to do...

I'm not looking for sympathy but there's also the fact that we aren't paid for all the holidays - we get 40 days.  Certainly not to be sniffed at by any stretch, but not the full whack that many think it is.  It's swings and roundabouts, to be honest.  Non-teachers say we get loads of time off, we can say we have to work lots of unpaid overtime.  It probably all balances out over the course of a year.

Some of the unions can be a bit embarrassing though - last October when they were complaining that it wouldn't be fair on teachers if there was a lockdown during the half-term was misjudged at best.  It would've been shite for everyone.  

Edited by super_carson

6 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Yeah I don't really think we, as teachers, can really complain about holidays.  It's a bit of a pain in the arse that holidays are more expensive at that time and there's not any flexibility, but anyone with kids could say the same thing if they were trying to go away  - provided they don't pull them from school in term time, which they're not supposed to do...

I'm not looking for sympathy but there's also the fact that we aren't paid for all the holidays - we get 40 days.  Certainly not to be sniffed at by any stretch, but not the full whack that many think it is.  It's swings and roundabouts, to be honest.  Non-teachers say we get loads of time off, we can say we have to work lots of unpaid overtime.  It probably all balances out over the course of a year.

Some of the unions can be a bit embarrassing though - last October when they were complaining that it wouldn't be fair on teachers if there was a lockdown during the half-term was misjudged at best.  It would've been shite for everyone.  

Apologies I’m sure I’ve been told this before, but what does this mean? Do you not get a monthly wage?

Odd to think that 6 months ago West Lothian was a Covid ridden plague pit and now it's a Level 1 area laughing at the Capital 

Hope the marching season knacks yer level 1 status ya shale bing shaggers.

Edited by tamthebam

40 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Apologies I’m sure I’ve been told this before, but what does this mean? Do you not get a monthly wage?

Our annual salary is just split evenly over 12 months so we get the same pay each month. If you're on a temporary contract it can be a bit different though.