Coronavirus (COVID-19)

49 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Give yourself peace,I couldn't give a f**k about validating myself to a mystifyingly bitter arsehole like vT or a clown like you who dismisses mental health issues as a reason why people develop drug habits. I will always stand up for any decision I make & will be happy to explain why I made it, if people don't like it then tough but I do not see why explaining myself is somehow a cowardly act.

To be fair you didn’t explain yourself or explain the decision you made. Just a few posts ago you said it was an aberration and you didn’t know what you were thinking. 

23 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Giving not a single shiny shit but tired of your boring act on here & really wish you would go and do something vaguely useful with your life eather than bitterly lash out & blame others for your inadequacies.

Words of wisdom indeed from the middle-aged sadact who publicly announced his resignation from an online football forum, only to slither back under a new account within weeks. 

Consider it filed in the bin where it belongs. 

As I have pointed out to you before I have rejoined my CLP & I am going to be on the selection short list for our Unitary Authority Elections in 2023 so your Tory crap will not wash either.

As I have said, your gold star is in the post. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

To be fair you didn’t explain yourself or explain the decision you made. Just a few posts ago you said it was an aberration and you didn’t know what you were thinking. 

Stop being logical, I am trying to have a hangover here.

I honestly thought I had brought it up a while back but I may be wrong as I have had many conversations around it on various platforms, I reacted badly to a specific anti semitic person who I believed should have been expelled from the CLP due to their views. I was then made out to be the guilty party by some so left & voted Conservative in retaliation.

In hindsight, I should have stayed & fought my corner as time has proven me correct & that person has since been expelled, that I didn't is completely on me & if I was compos mentis at the time I would have done but I cannot turn back time.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Words of wisdom indeed from the middle-aged sadact who publicly announced his resignation from an online football forum, only to slither back under a new account within weeks. 

Consider it filed in the bin where it belongs. 

As I have said, your gold star is in the post. 

I don't think you have sent me a gold star at all.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

Stop being logical, I am trying to have a hangover here.

I honestly thought I had brought it up a while back but I may be wrong as I have had many conversations around it on various platforms, I reacted badly to a specific anti semitic person who I believed should have been expelled from the CLP due to their views. I was then made out to be the guilty party by some so left & voted Conservative in retaliation.

In hindsight, I should have stayed & fought my corner as time has proven me correct & that person has since been expelled, that I didn't is completely on me & if I was compos mentis at the time I would have done but I cannot turn back time.

You left the labour party because of someone who hated a particular sub group and voted for a party which hates absolutely every sub group that isnt landed gentry? I can see how that logical decision was reached. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You left the labour party because of someone who hated a particular sub group and voted for a party which hates absolutely every sub group that isnt landed gentry? I can see how that logical decision was reached. 

I refer back to Compos mentis. I was seriously fucked up at the time & logic was playing no part in any facet of my life, my posting on here at the time was very much proof that I had lost the plot.

I have tickets for all 4 Hampden games and booked tickets for 3 Fanzone sessions. By yesterday of those 7 "events" 4 had passed yet through the post arrived TWENTY FUCKING EIGHT lateral flow testing kits. Blue bin unopened, a total waste of time and money sending unsolicited testing kits based on your purchase history.
Agreed.

Utterly fucking ridiculous no matter the angle you look at it.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

I mean, it's true this may be so for the time being because our two governments are fucking clowns, but if you took a moment to consider places like Israel, Denmark, and the United States, you would realise that your 'hot take' analysis can be scrunched up and lobbed straight in the bin, Jessica.

FUBRlPv.png

😂

Test every day instead of quarantine. Just how many of those shitty LFT kits has the Government bought? 

Apparently it's invermectin and the entire globe appears to be willing to sacrifice millions of lives to keep it all a big secret according to nutters like him.
In the real world, the problem with that drug is that the medical people using it won't subject it to proper trials with one of them claiming it would be unethical to use placebos as a control. These are real medical people with serious credentials too and yet this is the pish they come out with.
There is no credible evidence to back that drug for use on covid. I think it's an anti-fungal drug so why anyone would think it would work on a virus is anyone's guess.
Conspiracy theorists do love a "they are trying to cover it up" story.
I'm fairly clued up on what Dex is for and I think in theory it probably could be quite useful for Covid, or indeed any other disease/ailment that comes with respiratory issues. Also, I'm fairly certain that it is relatively cheap.

This other one, from what I can gather after a quick Google, would appear to be as far away from being useful as thrush cream would be.

I don't buy into it either.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Every time I see that ludicrous ScotGov advert telling people they “need” them to do 2 lateral flow tests a week despite being double vaccinated and showing no symptoms I struggle to believe what I’m seeing. Absolutely bonkers stuff.

You just know the lovejoys will be lapping it up and doing their 2 tests despite being double dosed. Absolute headcases 

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

You just know the lovejoys will be lapping it up and doing their 2 tests despite being double dosed. Absolute headcases 

"May as well" "you never know" "what about your granny?" etc etc

I'll defer to your better knowledge of Dex. I've heard the name but I've not looked into it at all.
I remember Trump trying to push the Invermectin thing. But then he also pushed the idea of injecting bleach straight into the lungs of covid patients.
How did it come to this that these are/were the people in charge during a global health crisis.
It's a fucking tragic state of affairs.
Aye it really is a pretty massive shit show for want of a better word.

Dex is a steroid, and can be useful with things like inflammation in organs, asthma and stuff like that. I'm not clued up enough to know for sure that it would definitely work but it's far more likely that it could compared to Invermectin.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Wonder if the likes of JL and our friend Devi are doing these 2 tests every week. 

On 04/09/2020 at 15:52, Rugster said:

You think it's unfeasible, that with schools recently back, that 100,000 people didn't have a temperature or a cough? 

People aren't just getting tested for the sake of it. It's an invasive, unpleasant test. You honestly think people are just going for a test for fun? 

Testing is increasing because schools are back, because of test and protect tracing, because the R number is higher, and because testing capacity is higher.

On 04/09/2020 at 15:55, strichener said:

People are also getting tested for travel as it is a requirement of the destination country so I would say that there are people getting tested just for the sake of it.  There is no need to show symptons to get a test now and therefore it is highly likely that there are many others that are getting tested for the fun of it.

On 04/09/2020 at 16:00, Rugster said:

Being tested as a requirement of travelling is not being tested for the sake of it. It's a requirement.

Aye, people are getting tested for the fun of it, for sure. 

That's right, because no one, ever talks to anyone else about their experience, or reads about it.

On 04/09/2020 at 16:03, Gaz said:

People getting tested for the fun of it :lol:

On 04/09/2020 at 16:06, Rugster said:

It’s up there with the best, for sure. 

These aged well.  Or at least one of them did.

I work in a team of 5. 3 Lovejoys, a guy who is a bit in the middle (will adhere, but not so bothered now his family are vaccinated) and me who is and had been trying to live life as normal as possible the whole way through.

The 3 Lovejoys (all double vaxxed) are nothing short of terrified to be around us and can’t understand at all why we would not be testing twice a week. Sadly they were all quite outgoing before this, but just about believe me and my colleague are going to kill them and their family.

Really sad state of affairs tbh.