Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I know "of" a couple. Mostly mates of my parents / in-laws. Comfortably retired and their pre-lockdown life consisted mostly of pottering around the garden and going to the supermarket.

Basically my mum and dad.  Well my mum at least.  She's desperate for a third lockdown.

Edit - They've both been The Caley season ticket holders since our 2nd season in the leagues (95-96) . Goes to a lot of the away games too, you'd think they'd want to get back to the football.

Edited by TheScarf

8 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The first lockdown lasting longer than 3 weeks was clearly the right thing to do. I don't really get this point that people try to make quite a lot about the initial lockdown - the intention may well have been for it only to last that long, but given that after those 3 weeks we were in an even worse position, still knew very little about the virus, and had little idea of how to treat it, let alone vaccines, it was obviously logical to carry on with the restrictions. That bears no resemblance to the current situation.

They should have kept outside activities going throughout. 

13 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Basically my mum and dad.  Well my mum at least.  She's desperate for a third lockdown.

Edit - They've both been The Caley season ticket holders since our 2nd season in the leagues (95-96) . Goes to a lot of the away games too, you'd think they'd want to get back to the football.

IIRC your mum taught me in primary school.  She would never have stood for such defeatism then, although I was about six when she taught me so I can't remember her views on Non-Pharmacitical Interventions.

Just now, ICTChris said:

IIRC your mum taught me in primary school.  She would never have stood for such defeatism then, although I was about six when she taught me so I can't remember her views on Non-Pharmacitical Interventions.

She certainly didn't.  She's not a teacher, she was a bookeeper and latterly a childminder 😂

I’ve taken two tests (I’m unvaccinated) since coming back from London and both have been negative so far and I’ll keep doing it every so often for the next couple of weeks just to be sure.

In fairness the chances of me having it I feel are pretty low, unless someone on our train or at the pub we were at for the game had it then I reckon I’ll be sound, most gatherings were outdoors so doubt there’ll be many cases from that.

Having said that there were some weird racist, misogynist, homophobic bams from Falkirk sat next to us on the way home and if they didn’t have covid then they definitely had something worse than covid.

Oh and guess what club they supported.

Done one of the at home tests yesterday having been in London, more out of curiosity than anything else. Absolutely no chance I'm reporting any test results to the NHS website. Its negative btw despite partying for 3 days with a complete disregard to masks, distancing and all other restrictions.

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

FTFY

In case anyone thought she kept boo.  Whatever that is.

Bookkkeeper if she was a County fan amirite?

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

I don't know any folk who think extending the lockdown is a good idea. Everybody is just wanting their life back.

Every single survey/poll indicates that there is considerable (majority?) support for continued lockdowns. We're a bit of an echo chamber in here, and for everyone of us there are plenty who when asked will say that lockdowns are a good thing. 

One of the reasons our governments are continuing with this nonsense is that they know that they're not suffering politically for it......at the moment. 

10 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Fun needs to be banned permanently to PROTECT THE NHS and SAVE LIVES.

'People having fun' is to COVID what 'being gay' is to AIDS. I expect attitudes towards people enjoying themselves not to change for a while, even when COVID is no longer an issue in the country and something that happens in other countries (where I think we are heading) 

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Are you really going to continually test yourself when you feel fine?

My mrs is unvaccinated and works with the public on a shite contract where her sick pay is shite, probably unfair of me to risk giving it to her and force her to be off work not earning as much money as she normally does.

16 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

'People having fun' is to COVID what 'being gay' is to AIDS. I expect attitudes towards people enjoying themselves not to change for a while, even when COVID is no longer an issue in the country and something that happens in other countries (where I think we are heading) 

AIDS isn't an airborne virus and is also a very preventable disease, much more so than Covid. 

Imagine being Billy Gilmour who, despite living in a country where 81.5% of all adults have had one vaccine dose (and 57.8% have had both), is going to miss what potentially could be the last major tournament game he ever has the opportunity to play for Scotland in because he isn't ill.

An absolute nonsense. Fucking Lovejoys.