Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

We had a discussion about teaching at the uni in "level zero" this morning. Level zero still includes social distancing, so hampering our class sizes. Unis are trying to get the government to agree to 1 metre distancing rather than 2. 

Other than for calming the Lovejoys by making it look like they are in control, is there any evidence that 1m distancing (over no legal requirement) is of any use at all?

1 hour ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Just waiting on the kids primary school getting shut for the holidays now. Eldest got the self isolation email on Saturday. He's tested negative but has to stay off this week, a lot of his class have tested positive. Three classes in total now isolating and they're expecting more. Can't be bothered with the effort involved for inevitably 'isolating' the younger one so will likely take the decision that we just keep him off for the rest of the week so we can get away at the weekend without hassle

Edinburgh is riddled just now, hopefully a blip before its used as an excuse to keep things restricted longer.

My girlfriend and I are both teachers and it is pretty rampant in both our schools at the minute. Her school has three classes off, I have two. I work in an ASN school and team teach on a Monday and Tuesday. Before leaving for work today, I was texted saying that my team teaching colleague tested positive using a lateral flow test this morning. As they tested positive this morning, they were over the 48 hour mark for the whole class isolating. As I hadn’t seen her since last Tuesday, I was fine anyway but it’s a bit of a farce. Selfishly, I’m sitting praying that I make it through to Thursday without being told to isolate.

TLDR; I want Thursday to come without incident so I can go to a caravan.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You have a fucking brass neck coming out with that when you're running around shrieking about the government conspiring to keep Invermectin hidden from the public. :lol:

Away and bother someone else you crazy b*****d.

Sorry snowflake. Thought you could handle facts.

Obviously i overestimated your IQ by a magnitude of 100.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
I love the seethe that Sturgeon causes on this thread.  

These types of posts are by far the worst content on the thread.

If only…

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
I love the seethe that Sturgeon causes on this thread.  

These types of posts are by far the worst content on the thread.

I'm stunned anyone doesn't have him on Ignore at this stage.

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm stunned anyone doesn't have him on Ignore at this stage.

^^^ in his head.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm more stunned that the few that don't still bite.

^^^ his too!

36 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

My girlfriend and I are both teachers and it is pretty rampant in both our schools at the minute. Her school has three classes off, I have two. I work in an ASN school and team teach on a Monday and Tuesday. Before leaving for work today, I was texted saying that my team teaching colleague tested positive using a lateral flow test this morning. As they tested positive this morning, they were over the 48 hour mark for the whole class isolating. As I hadn’t seen her since last Tuesday, I was fine anyway but it’s a bit of a farce. Selfishly, I’m sitting praying that I make it through to Thursday without being told to isolate.

TLDR; I want Thursday to come without incident so I can go to a caravan.

Obviously a lot of educators on here.

Out of interest, do you know of any pupils or teachers who have tested positive and have been seriously ill?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

OK but that still won't necessarily help.

A negative test means you were negative at the time of the test.

You could easily catch it anytime after that and pass it on.

Anyway, it's none of my business TBF. I was just interested in why you were testing without having symptoms.

Yeah I get that but it’s a bit different when I’ve been out mixing with loads of folk.

As I said in a later post 3 people I was with (albeit outside) have tested positive so it’s squeaky bum time.

2 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

since when does anyone from Salford follow rules

This has the same energy as JLD calling Leith a shitehole and then when pressed on when he last visited answered "1980"

1 hour ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Going to be interesting to see what the FM says about Dundee tomorrow given Andy Burnham has called her  hypocrisy out.

Either both Manchester and Dundee are a concern meriting similar action or neither are. She can’t have it both ways.

Bit of a minter for her IMO.

Going to bet big money on nobody in the opposition landing a glove on Sturgeon given they've all broadly agreed with her so far and are generally shite politicians

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

To be fair, they might have had no choice if the hotel they were going to had cancelled but it seems daft to cancel it yourself.

I'm still waiting on TUI cancelling my holiday. If they don't, then I'm happy to go..

I'd seriously doubt that any Hotel reception staff or central reservations unit will be trawling through all their bookings to check if anyone is coming from Salford or Manchester !!