Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Covid: Salford woman cancels Scotland honeymoon over travel ban

Its hard to have much sympathy, just go on your fucking honeymoon to Scotland.

I have no sympathy simply because of the eyebrows and teeth. My sympathy is reserved for the guy.

Edited by Suspect Device

Stunningly, I actually agreed with that boot Hartley-Brewer this morning as she got stuck into Sturgeon and her pathetic decision to ban Scots from travelling to Manchester.
This is nothing more than political grandstanding of the worst kind, and it looks very much like an awful 'I'm in charge, look what I can do' attitude. 
It's impossible to support Scottish government policies when they come out with lunacy like this. 
I heard Andy Burnham at lunchtime, he made the point that infection rates in a lot of the places that Sturgeon has banned travel to and from are lower than Dundee's current rates, but there has been no mention of stopping anyone moving in or out of there.

18 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

To be fair, they might have had no choice if the hotel they were going to had cancelled but it seems daft to cancel it yourself.

I'm still waiting on TUI cancelling my holiday. If they don't, then I'm happy to go..

Unless they are hoping someone will offer them a free holiday if they go public. 

Glad to see the local “junior” clubs having some friendlies with fans allowed. Kinda annoyed they need track and trace details though considering it’s outside and social distancing will be in place. 
I have been to one friendly and no details were requested.

Good to see Hancock starting to talk about ending the need for self isolating for those who have had two jabs. I think this would be one of the biggest restrictions to go, as it seems pretty pointless , though of course we just don't know. 

Going to be interesting to see what the FM says about Dundee tomorrow given Andy Burnham has called her  hypocrisy out.

Either both Manchester and Dundee are a concern meriting similar action or neither are. She can’t have it both ways.

Bit of a minter for her IMO.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

1 minute ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Going to be interesting to see what the FM says about Dundee tomorrow given Andy Burnham has called her  hypocrisy out.

Either both Manchester and Dundee are a concern meriting similar action or neither are. She can’t have it both ways.

Bit of a minter for her IMO.

More interested to hear about what's happening after Level 0. 

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

More interested to hear about what's happening after Level 0. 

We had a discussion about teaching at the uni in "level zero" this morning. Level zero still includes social distancing, so hampering our class sizes. Unis are trying to get the government to agree to 1 metre distancing rather than 2. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

That's a kind offer, there. Anyone else been promised a grown up conversation, say, 16 months ago? 

Suspect her idea of that adult conversation is something like,

Adult (NS): tidy your room/wear a mask/avoid Manchester.

Kid (us): but whyyyy?

Adult (NS): 'cause I told you to, that's why!