Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It's got to be a bit of a double edged sword to find out you're not needed and one of the people on the last escape/planetary expedition ship on Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, cyderspaceman said:

Yes but I'm going with 'Born this Way'.  Stomping rather than soaring. 

Another one of my favourites. She’s a talented lady. If anyone likes a bit of Gaga, I can also recommend a girl called Paige Duddy, who records under the name XYLO. She’s another talented lass.

Some top notch Madonna mashed up with what I assume is sarcastic praise of Floyd Mayweathers #tekkers, for your enjoyment.

Anyway, just as almost all my symptoms melted away today, I have lost my sense of taste and smell. Seeeeeeething.

55 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

A) I merely said I was struggling to think of other pop stars other than Grace Jones & Madonna, not claim that they were the only ones.   The question mark inferred a question, not a statement.  ;)

B) One could argue that Grace Jones isn't actually a pop star at all, as she was more new wave rather than Pop, which is a genre in its own right.  One thing is for certain though, and that is that Christopher Lee's failed heavy metal band does not not give him pop star status.  Terry Savalas' one-hit wonder, which involves him talking over some background music, is also dodgy at best.

Williams Blood - Aeroplane remix

One of the best gym tunes.

Guest Moomintroll
Can we discuss the best Lady Gaga song this evening?

I’ll kick us off with the iconic classic LoveGame
Edge of Glory for me.

1 hour ago, Bairn Necessities said:

There really is f**k all excuse for companies not to have more remote working. With Citrix easily accessible via home computing you should absolutely be able to access any work desktop at home. Simple security too. 

Greed of the companies, that's the reason. Tossers. FFS new mortgage applications? I'm sure there are lots of house sales to be completed, but how many people are trying to buy a new house right now and starting to apply for a mortgage?!

51 minutes ago, throbber said:

Fucking madness. Last night we get told “we must stay at home” and can only go out for one walk a day or leave to get essentials from shops unless we are key workers. Then today every building site I know had people walking around the place with no fucking clue why we were there in the first place and what the instructions were but were pretty certain lockdown was imminent based on last nights announcements and how other infected countries were acting.

I heard nothing back from anyone senior at the company but the second hand instructions I heard were to secure the sites and go home til further instructions assuming we would have to be staying at home in line with everyone else. Then I get the text about an hour ago that says only go to work if you absolutely can’t do it from home - which applies to what % of the construction industry exactly? Using the entire 2 m away from one another rule simply isn’t going to work, I was casually observing over the last couple of weeks what the average person on site is like in terms of being conscientious about the spread of the disease and most people aren’t giving a f**k, it’s not just the guys on the tools either you are seeing site managers and the likes happily shaking hands with one another and standing right beside each other and this is before you even mention how many people come and go on your average building site on a daily basis and the sharing of welfare facilities.

Scottish government has made it clear today building sites should close. Sturgeon said today: "We have been asked specifically about construction sites in Scotland - our advice right now on the basis of that precautionary principle, is that we would expect them to be closed, unless the building that is being worked on is essential – such as a hospital. "

London mayor also quoted today saying he disagreed with the UK gov and thinks they should close.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52017520

“From 12 midnight today, the entire country will go under a complete lockdown to save India and for every Indian, there will be a total ban on venturing out of your homes,” said Modi. “Therefore, I request you to remain wherever you are in this country.”

1.3 billion in the hoose.   I imagine a great many homes in India are not best suited to staying in with the extended family. They'll probably not be very good at the obeying thing.

Just now, Lee Van Tee said:

If karma was actually true then Mike Ashley will surely be diagnosed with Corona in the next few days.

I am so fucking angry at the man I would even be happy enough to see Sevco beat him in court (although that won't happen, will it?)

Him, Branson and Tim Martin are the top three c***s to come out of the UK.

8 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

“From 12 midnight today, the entire country will go under a complete lockdown to save India and for every Indian, there will be a total ban on venturing out of your homes,” said Modi. “Therefore, I request you to remain wherever you are in this country.”

1.3 billion in the hoose.   I imagine a great many homes in India are not best suited to staying in with the extended family. They'll probably not be very good at the obeying thing.

Hopefully this will prevent kidnap and gang rape as well.

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Him, Branson and Tim Martin are the top three c***s to come out of the UK.

Nah, I'm not having this.  I worked with Tim Martin in the past when he was based in Banchory ~10 years ago and he's exceptionally sound and not as geeky as you'd expect for a computer programmer with a PhD in astrophysics from Cambridge. 

Eta:  upon reflection, there may be one than one Tim Martin.

Edited by Hedgecutter