Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Shannon said:

May have already been covered but not scrolling through thousands of posts but what is the Scottish Governments stance on vaccine passports for football stadia and nightclubs? What does everyone reckon it will be?

I see Liberal Democrats for all it's worth have came out against it....

They've been stalling on that as long as they can, only sorting out a certificate that anyone could make for themselves at home, when it looked like Scots could be the only people in the UK banned from going on holiday. I'd imagine they're hoping that Covid will no longer be a problem before they have to do anything about it.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, Shannon said:

May have already been covered but not scrolling through thousands of posts but what is the Scottish Governments stance on vaccine passports for football stadia and nightclubs? What does everyone reckon it will be?

They are humped atm because they don't want to play the same bluff as the UK Gov RE: Vaccine Passports as they know there will be backlash, but they also don't appear to have any idea at what point they will allow nightclubs etc to re-open as they have never appeared on any roadmap.

Quite how the SG have gotten themselves into this situation I don't know.

23 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Living up to their name for once. Most other so called liberal types have been for restrictions so I'd imagine vaccine passports wont cause any great amount of condemnation from them

Edited by Thereisalight..

41 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There are too many different variables to be comparing the UK to countries in Africa and Russia were the pandemic began much later. 

Balloux seems like the Pangloss of Covid, constant positivity. The fact that his article doesn't mention seasonalality in immune systems which has been discovered by Genome sequencing is strange.

This is absolutely laughable pish. It is currently northern hemisphere summer in Russia and Tunisia, as highlighted. Deaths are skyrocketing there, where vaccine coverage is minimal. Of course you'll have credible sources for the pandemic starting 'much later' in Africa and Russia (you won't).

Balloux simply doesn't engage in hysteria. Of course your 'lack of vitamin D' that you're hinting at is a 'thing', but if there is ample immunity in a population (it's a scale, not binary) then it being winter is irrelevant. It's partly the reason why we sometimes have considerably worse 'flu seasons' in some years than others.

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

So what are the predictions for Covid deaths with no restrictions in the UK this winter?

Even the Grandfather of Doom, Ferguson, was on the radio at the weekend stating he's not overly concerned about Covid this winter due to the level of immunity in the population once this wave ends in autumn.

Oh aye, the boy in the ice cream van who served us the day wasn't wearing a mask, so I imagine any Lovejoy's would have been going without a glorious waffle cone and flake. greggy.png

There's absolutely zero chance folk will heed another lockdown. Folk are beginning to see normality again and will absolutely not wear it being booted out of their reach. Ullapool today was superb, hoaching with folk enjoying themselves, every picnic bench at the harbour taken, seafood shack queued halfway down the street, with the only reminder of restrictions being masked up in the shops.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Double vaccinated people already make up the majority of Covid deaths in the UK. Obviously that could be hospital acquired Covid but that's the way it's being counted. 

If the virus is being blamed for the deaths of fully vaccinated people in July when we are under restrictions it's pretty obvious that those numbers will increase in the winter. 

Double vaccinated people  already make up the majority of adults in the UK. So fucking what?

11 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
11 hours ago, Wee Bully said:
He is, and from the “red dotting”, looks like Marshy agrees with him.  Not a surprise to be honest

Marshy is an attention-seeking welt who certainly shares missing dog posts from other countries on Facebook. Best ignored, or laughed at tbh.

This made me chuckle. Ta for that. 

11 hours ago, Left Back said:

I’ve got my certificate.  Wouldn’t be difficult to forge.  How is your average doorman in England going to know what’s a valid certificate from every country in the world?  Lots of foreign students  in the UK that won’t have been vaxxed by the NHS.  Will they accept something written in chinese claiming someone has had sinovac or whatever its called to allow a chinese student into a nightclub?  Maybe the plan is to just shut foreigners out of everything.

Lots of obvious flaws in this plan.

I'm sure the minister for the Union will make sure that everyone across the country can do what they are allowed to do.

It’s probably been mentioned but I read somewhere that while the English app linked over half a million people last week the Scottish app pinged 1,000.

I’ve never had the Scottish app for various reasons but is there any reason for this? Seems incongruous.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s probably been mentioned but I read somewhere that while the English app linked over half a million people last week the Scottish app pinged 1,000.

I’ve never had the Scottish app for various reasons but is there any reason for this? Seems incongruous.

Our app was made by the nhs and serco made the English app is the most probable answer and Dido probably has it written into the contract that she gets a cut for every ping