Coronavirus (COVID-19)

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Scotrail confirming that social distancing is no longer required on their trains (technically it never was I suppose), but nothing yet on alcohol.

Never seen the alcohol rule enforced, haven't been on central belt trains too often though. 

Never seen the alcohol rule enforced, haven't been on central belt trains too often though. 

I haven't either, and it certainly wasn't on the trip to Dumfries on Saturday, but the problem is that while it remains a rule, you can easily have a jobsworth conductor deciding to act the c**t about it.

On 09/08/2021 at 11:14, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wrong again.

As mentioned earlier I only produce the digital exemption certificate when confronted.

Also, if you look at the reasons for getting one, just about anyone could reasonably justify having one.

Went into the bank and Morrison’s today and neither myself or wife was challenged. Therefore no need to be used.

Do the two of you go everywhere together?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I haven't either, and it certainly wasn't on the trip to Dumfries on Saturday, but the problem is that while it remains a rule, you can easily have a jobsworth conductor deciding to act the c**t about it.

Wouldn't bother me if they kept the rule for when folk are being total arseholes, so long as they leave me alone with my discrete crate under the table.

54 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Scotrail confirming that social distancing is no longer required on their trains (technically it never was I suppose), but nothing yet on alcohol.

It was a good excuse to get a table to yourself. I'll need to go back to smiling at people and patting the seat 

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What the f**k is a rainbow baby and why are they giving them away for jabs?

Originally it was a baby born to parents after still born/neonate death. Seems to now include miscarriages. 

2 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Originally it was a baby born to parents after still born/neonate death. Seems to now include miscarriages. 

In which case I was a rainbow baby, probably too late to get a certificate though.

45 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

One of the great existential questions faced by scottish football fans.

To be honest, you never know what's in a pie at the fitba, so you may get both at the same time...

Pretty sad to see some American states go beyond the first wave in terms of hospitalisation obviously life is far more like normality but you have to feel they went a bit too fast with the easing when vaccine hesitancy is such a big problem.

Edited by 101

35 minutes ago, 101 said:

Pretty sad to see some American states go beyond the first wave in terms of hospitalisation obviously life is far more like normality but you have to feel they went a bit too fast with the easing when vaccine hesitancy is such a big problem.

There were people suggesting they were right, and we were wrong. 

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

*Warning. ‘Fcuk’ and ‘fcuking’ alert….

Just fcuking once, please, for fcuk sake. Can’t a media outlet or paper, just once, please, publish a positive story without the caveat of some fcuking professor, scientist, or arsehole politician pissing on our chips at the end. Just give us the good news without the late 90th minute sickener ‘Jason Leitch-esque’ GIFUY ending.

Thanks. Fcuk, fcuk, fcuk-eddy fcuking fcuk.

75CDCA31-BE6A-4BED-921E-3ED90EDD0E9F.jpeg

We won't reach a state like we have with smallpox (eradication) or polio and measles (elimination), but that's not really an issue as we will reach a state like we have with influenza, common cold coronaviruses, and other respiratory infections. Immunity is a scale and will eventually start to fall into the pattern of these. Thanks to vaccination, and both natural and future repeated infections, Covid will become largely irrelevant in the background. It's already that way now in places like the UK.

See also:

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

People that are vaccinated aren't immune so herd immunity will obviously only be possible through infection. 

rofl.gif

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A Lateral Flow Test result can officially be whatever you like.

Record a positive test as negative, or don't even bother to take the test.  All you do is enter the code from the kit before binning it. The result you record is what generates the e-mail or text.

I'm not advocating anyone doing that, just highlighting that a negative LFT text or e-mail proves literally nothing.

Aye, I'm going to a festival in England tomorrow and you need to have either proof of double vaccination 14 days or more prior to arrival, proof of a negative LFT within 36 hours of arrival, or proof of natural immunity through infection (by showing a positive PCR result in the last 180 days) but as you say, provided someone has a code for an LFT test kit it's just down to their own honesty in reporting it.

I was negative anyway, for the record.

54 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Aye, I'm going to a festival in England tomorrow and you need to have either proof of double vaccination 14 days or more prior to arrival, proof of a negative LFT within 36 hours of arrival, or proof of natural immunity through infection (by showing a positive PCR result in the last 180 days) but as you say, provided someone has a code for an LFT test kit it's just down to their own honesty in reporting it.

I was negative anyway, for the record.

😉

15 hours ago, superbigal said:
16 hours ago, Rugster said:
Falkirk tweeted entry arrangements for our big glamour cup tie tomorrow night and masks are indeed binned except for inside, ie concourses etc. No mask required at your seat except in the “vulnerable zone”. 

They are technically breaking the law so a bit daft publicising. New mask law came in on Monday.

I've not seen any changes to the legislation but I may have missed it. Guidance has changed of course however Regulation 5 of The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2021 states that face coverings must be worn by "a person who enters or remains indoors within a place listed in Regulation 6" (my emphasis) and sports stadiums are mentioned in this Regulation (6(1)cc). Therefore, you only have to wear a face covering if you were to go indoors in a sports stadium i.e. into the toilets or into the "body" of a stand as this would be considered being indoors.

Trying to justify that the being seated in a stand or standing on terracing is classed as being "indoors" is a hard push but of course clubs can go above and beyond the legislation if they so wish and ask fans to wear face coverings but there is no legislative requirement for them to do so. If clubs make it a condition of entry then that's another thing.