Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Giving any government emergency powers on a permanent basis is inherently a bad idea, and anti-democratic. It's a trick that has been used by the world's worst dictators over and over again in order to draw more power to the state and less to the individual. 

There is absolutely no need for it in today's world. An emergency parliamentary session can be called at an instant's notice with people dialling in from around the world. Temporary emergency powers can be voted in almost instantly. This "permanent" move is utterly ridiculous for a modern Western democracy that claims to have liberal values.

Its shows what the mindset is within the top of the SNP currently

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

So far, very few have jumped in defending this suggestion. 

Precisely nobody as far as I can see, unless there's a very subtle defence in there somewhere. My bet is they've sent Swinney out as a patsy again to see how it goes down and they'll be backing down and pretending it's not what he meant at all by the time Nine airs tonight, like the vertical drinking thing.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Got to be careful criticising the SNP and their leader on this forum. For many, they can simply do no wrong.

If they had more power from Westminster and were actually allowed to rule the country none of this would have happened. 

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

So far, very few have jumped in defending this suggestion. 

Let’s hope that continues. Said it before, but I vote SNP myself - our local SNP guy Jamie Hepburn has his heid’ screwed on. I also voted ‘yes’ in Indy Ref 1, and would vote yes again - to hopefully gain independence and have these SNP fcukers in Holyrood be judged simply on their record in governing the nation. If any SNP fanboys don’t like my reason for voting yes - nae’ luck. You shouldn’t give a rat’s arse as long as there’s another yes vote in the bag.

Edited by pozbaird

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My bet is they've sent Swinney out as a patsy again

The saddest part of it all, is that he just seems to accept it’s his place to look like a fud, for the greater good of the party.

A man devoid of any personal pride at all it seems.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Let’s hope that continues. Said it before, but I vote SNP myself - our local SNP guy Jamie Hepburn has his heid’ screwed on. I also voted ‘yes’ in Indy Ref 1, and would vote yes again - to hopefully gain independence and have these SNP fcukers in Holyrood be judged simply on their record in governing the nation. If any SNP fanboys don’t like my reason for voting yes - nae’ luck. You shouldn’t give a rat’s ass as long as there’s another yes vote in the bag.

FTFY

56 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Let’s hope that continues. Said it before, but I vote SNP myself - our local SNP guy Jamie Hepburn has his heid’ screwed on. I also voted ‘yes’ in Indy Ref 1, and would vote yes again - to hopefully gain independence and have these SNP fcukers in Holyrood be judged simply on their record in governing the nation. If any SNP fanboys don’t like my reason for voting yes - nae’ luck. You shouldn’t give a rat’s arse as long as there’s another yes vote in the bag.

100% this.  

I was meaning closing the vaccination points. The plan is for them to open up again on Friday. The lockdown for A + C is supposed to be for 4-7 days, so possibly opening up again at the weekend.
It's still mental no matter how few days it is.

This zero Covid strategy is absolutely nuts.

Home Nations Daily update  :  UK Average 294.6 to 294.7 up 0.03%, England  306.4 to 305.5 down 0.29%, Wales 180.9 to 195.8 up 8.24%, Northern Ireland  501.3 to 500.2 down 0.22%

Interesting as England & Northern Ireland both down for the day while Wales has risen 25% in 2 days.

Bad day for deaths at 170

The SG wanting to keep emergency powers to lockdown again if "required and close schools". What an absolute minter. Lockdowns should never happen again as ehm we have vaccines and the elderly/vulnerable have been double dosed for months now along with almost everyone else having at least one dose. I can just imagine the shit the bed scenes when cold and flu seasons begin. Fun and games 🙄

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Got to be careful criticising the SNP and their leader on this forum. For many, they can simply do no wrong.

According to some users on the reddit scotland page that if you disagree with the SNP policies you're a Tory. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

All I've ever wanted is for Scotland to be a true positive beacon in the world like the Nordic nations. Shit like this is the sort of thing a tinpot dictatorship would pull. Embarrassing.