Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Professor Neil Ferguson, part of the team at Imperial College London producing the modelling, says that having refined the modelling to take into account the current situation they believe that ICU capacity will not be breached.  This is partly due to the increased ICU capacity and partly to the new restrictions in place.

I’d like to see his workings.

30 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Prince Charles and Camilla will be following governmental advice and isolating separately. It's not a huge house but certainly big enough to isolate yourself within it.

Like in relation to what ??

Your average 2 or 3 bedroom semi ??

Honestly, this country really is pathetic.

Does Balmoral no have something like 150 rooms?

20 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Poor Charles won’t actually be living in the castle. He’ll be staying at Birkhall, his home on the estate.

404F585F-AB59-43D6-953B-7CC1833AF373-584-0000010DA886DD75.jpg.573501fb370af8a9c4a0598cac2426f1.jpg

Ah, in that case you could see how he might struggle to self-isolate.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

21 and dead, no underlying health problems, ffs. 

Hopefully shared extensively on social media and help convince a certain demographic who think they’re invincible to act more responsibly.

Edited by Granny Danger

Again, I get that and I've been doing my own shopping (I was out this afternoon in fact), but the lack of nuance to the overall message is obviously going to lead some folk to choose to stay at home the whole time. That's not helped in the slightest by folk sharing pictures of busy supermarkets on social media (and the news) and shaming people for being there.
I agree the supermarkets should have done a lot more to explain this out - they could even have held back slots for customers over 65 or NHS workers or any other chosen group by simply asking for some proof of identity on delivery or something like that.

It's a hard one. But people need to get the message now that using online deliveries when you're fit and able to get to the shops is not helpful. You're right about supermarket responsibility and about mixed messages but now it should be made clear. Leave it for folk that need it.
I’d like to see his workings.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

What's this?

21 year old girl from Buckinghamshire died after testing positive.  No previously know, underlying health conditions.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

What's this?

What it says, not sure where in UK.,was eating my dinner. 

My work are closing on Friday for 2 weeks. The first week anyone who can work from home is expected to do so. For the second week the entire workforce has been forced to take holidays.

Most folk just seem happy that we're closing, but I'm again not very happy with how the company are playing this. The speech started off with this direct quote "I would like to reiterate again that we have an record order book right now and we've had a very good sales year", they then went on to say that the reason they were asking us to take a holiday for the second week is to protect us and ensure we get 100% of the wage. They have said we may need to apply to the furlough scheme if the closure is extended, which means we should get 80% of our wages from that point on. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how the 80% thing works, but surely if my work closed for that second week, the company have the choice to apply to to the government for 80% of the wages and then pay us the additional 20% out of the apparent healthy bank balance the company has?  I.e. there is no actual need for us to use holidays here?

Just back from my walk. I saw more people out today than yesterday. A group of 2  met another 2 pals and were huddled together talking and wouldn’t even separate as I approached. Morons

saw a family of 4 playing football in the park. Went to the shop and as usual there was no bread or toilet rolls. That’s 10 freaking days now. Folk in the shop weren’t sticking to the 2 metre rule, even with yellow tape on the floor as guidelines. 

They think we're 2-3 weeks behind the Italians although London appears to be ahead of that time scale.

When’s the shit going to hit the fan here like it did in Italy with hundreds  of deaths per day? 
Disclaimer - hopefully it won’t happen 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just back from my walk. I saw more people out today than yesterday. A group of 2  met another 2 pals and were huddled together talking and wouldn’t even separate as I approached. Morons

saw a family of 4 playing football in the park. Went to the shop and as usual there was no bread or toilet rolls. That’s 10 freaking days now. Folk in the shop weren’t sticking to the 2 metre rule, even with yellow tape on the floor as guidelines. 

This is fine if they live together - it would be their one daily exercise.