Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

It's hard to make comparisons, we're not exactly testing loads of folk, I just follow the death numbers at the moment, that gives me an idea where we are. 

At the risk of attracting ridicule, and using just today’s figures (which is undoubtedly not good practice).

If the death rate grows at the rate from yesterday to today then at the end of the three week ‘lockdown’ there will be approximately 17,600 more deaths in Scotland.

I have no idea how quickly the ‘lockdown’ will impact upon the infection/death rate but even if it kicks in after a fortnight and reduces the growth rate by 50%, this would reduce the 17,600 figure to about 6,300.  That is significant.

Edited by Granny Danger

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
Yup so this is something we spoke about. We have people on the front door who will speak to customers and advise etc.
So some scenarios like you said are unavoidable.
Next step is how many people in store at a time

Asda in Cumbernauld are only letting so many in at a time, was a queue to get in. Only letting one in when another shopper had left.

When I were a lad, that was the drill in Byres Road pubs. Wan oot , wan in.   One client has left the premises, sir. You may enter. Enjoy your evening.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

At the risk of attracting ridicule, and using just today’s figures (which is undoubtedly not good practice).

If the death rate grows at the rate from yesterday to today then at the end of the three week ‘lockdown’ there will be approximately 17,600 more deaths in Scotland.

I have no idea how quickly the ‘lockdown’ will impact upon the infection/death rate but even if it kicks in after a fortnight and reduces the rate by 50%, this would reduce the 17,600 figure to about 6,300.  That is significant.

You can't go day by day, even the days we've had isn't very long, we've more deaths at this point barring Spain, I've not saw us undertaking measures that will halt that for weeks. 

It's probably better smoothing the curves over a few days as well but it is actual folk not numbers. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have no idea how quickly the ‘lockdown’ will impact upon the infection/death rate but even if it kicks in after a fortnight and reduces the rate by 50%, this would reduce the 17,600 figure to about 6,300.  That is significant.

T6VHu77HXeMNYsMAekjWJ2FPayA=.gif

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Look at the figures. We are basically one for one each day past the nth death. 

It's not scaremongering or being pessimistic, it's what the figures are saying will happen. We've still got about 5 days before the bell ends from lats weekend doon the Strathy start hitting the icus too. 

Problem is it takes about a week to be hit by symptoms, so anything we do now won't affect the numbers until 10-14ish days from now. We've already made the f**k ups that take us to two weeks from now basically. 

Nothing for it but for all of us to wait and see. I’m sure we can all agree on one thing - let’s hope we do not absolutely follow Italy’s experience,

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Golf is maybe the one sport that could continue, unfortunately.

Just sooking up because he showed a black n white striped top.

6 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You can't go day by day, even the days we've had isn't very long, we've more deaths at this point barring Spain, I've not saw us undertaking measures that will halt that for weeks. 

It's probably better smoothing the curves over a few days as well but it is actual folk not numbers. 

Of course it’s folk not numbers, but, using my example, I’m sure you would agree 6,300 folk is better than 17,600 folk.

Can’t help but think that if we had introduced the restrictions even seven days earlier it would have had a huge impact on what the eventual number of fatalities will be.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not anytime soon. Scottish Golf Union have closed all clubs. I agree with their decision too.

That was just to stop you firing divots all over the place. 

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Of course it’s folk not numbers, but, using my example, I’m sure you would agree 6,300 folk is better than 17,600 folk.

Can’t help but think that if we had introduced the restrictions even seven days earlier it would have had a huge impact on what the eventual number of fatalities will be.

Yeah. Pretty much everyone who has even the most tenuous grasp of this understands that. Unfortunately we've had all the 'got to time these things properly' nonsense that cost us days, and by extension, people's lives. 

Edited by madwullie

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Why do you think I was posting about them making a rip roaring c**t of it. 

We are expendable, they're concentrating on avoiding the hospitals being swamped, apart from that the numbers don't matter.