Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

But would they? There were no big street dems when they did it before. (unless I missed it, and I might have)  

Look at the age demographic of voters at the last election.

2 minutes ago, Milnzo said:

When the Chancellor was looking straight down the lens, he resembled a young Charlie Wales

Thought he looked like a young Norman Wisdom. 

Just now, ayrmad said:

Thought he looked like a young Norman Wisdom. 

I thought ‘he speaks better, and comes over better than Boris’. Last time Boris was on, I thought ‘he speaks better, and comes over better than Trump’. Last time Trump was on, I thought ‘he speaks better, and comes over better than Alex Rae’.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I thought ‘he speaks better, and comes over better than Boris’. Last time Boris was on, I thought ‘he speaks better, and comes over better than Trump’. Last time Trump was on, I thought ‘he speaks better, and comes over better than Alex Rae’.

Trump would have us at the football in a fortnight. 

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Trump would have us at the football in a fortnight. 

That would be the only pro but that f**ker is seriously mental especially over this covid he dismissed his medical adviser advice with the anti malaria drug saying  yep we are going to use that.

Think it was Nigeria they tried to treat a person with it and he died of an overdose of the drug (tbf the medical adviser did say if it wasn't used correctly there was a risk of death, suppose that proves his point)

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

100+ deaths in the UK from this today. Any zoomers on here still saying we "aren't an Italy or a Spain" or want to defend the UK response again?

I actually feared it shooting over 600 today, I think we're into the realms of hoping we're jammy b*****ds. 

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

100+ deaths in the UK from this today. Any zoomers on here still saying we "aren't an Italy or a Spain" or want to defend the UK response again?

Add yesterday's deaths (43) and today's and divide by 2 to get a better idea - 78 each day.  They changed the reporting time halfway through Wednesday.

ETA: avoiding Granny's wooden spoon.

Edited by The DA

Just now, The DA said:

Add yesterday's deaths (43) and today's and divide by 2 to get a better idea - 83 each day.  They changed the reporting time halfway through Wednesday.

Ah well that's alright then.

It'll be over 100 again tomorrow.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/img-coronavirus/italy-coronavirus-report-03-26-2020.jpg

Outside of the two northern areas of Italy the death toll is much less.  This is what will probably happen in dense populated areas like London or New York.  Stick thousands of people into subways and make them work.
Looking at absolute numbers doesn't give a particularly clear picture of reality. In per capita terms, Marche, Val d'Aosta and Trentino Alto-Adige (The latter two being sparsely populated mountain regions) are as bad as Lombardia and Emilia-Romagna.