Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, sparky88 said:

I wonder if the SG could incentivise the completion of test and trace in pubs and restaurants (maybe by paying for a discount off the meal for example) then this could be cross referenced with vaccine data too.

Introducing vaccine passports for restaurants and bars without compensating them in some way for the possibility of loss of custom seems ridiculous.

Unless of course, vaccine passports don't make a difference to case rates and they are just there for theatre. 

I'd rather they used public money to improve the capacity etc of the health service than giving fatties a daily discount at McDonald's tbh.

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:
As I said the other day high vaccine uptake and boosters don't change anything. 

Sweden is proving that a high level of natural immunity is the way to end this. 

Every time someone has said this about Sweden in the past they've launched another record breaking run up the European record board and introduced new restrictions. Tack så mycket Detournement.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What a HUGE surprise that one of the sanctimonious brigade can't see the bigger problem here without it smacking them squarely in the plums.

People like you never can until it's starting to affect you personally, by which time it's all too late.

Wash yer hands ye clatty b*****d 

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'd rather they used public money to improve the capacity etc of the health service than giving fatties a daily discount at McDonald's tbh.

So would I. But then again, I don't agree with the SGs decision to introduce vaccine passports that a) don't seem to make much difference to case rates and b) hit businesses hard with fewer customers. 

SG's introduction of vaccine passports has been scandalous as they must have known how badly it would affect businesses, yet didn't offer help to them. 

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I do wash my hands. It's apparently people like you who both need and support being TOLD when to do it and how to do it.

Your ignorance and neediness is not my concern.

Do you ever get a sore back from all that bending over that you do for Nicola?

Since you are obviously craving the attention talk about playing the man and not the ball,I've previously said I'm not in favour of vaccine passports however I have to use them for travel,but do keep posting rubbish so you can get some green dots from the moon howlers 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
Track and trace is supposed to be enforced by pubs but isn't. I haven't been asked for contact details or to "scan in" since the early summer. I fully expect any vaccine passport check to be similarly ignored by pubs as it's thoroughly unenforceable.

Every place I have been in has had QR codes displayed. Some mention it to you, some dont. But tbh, why should staff in a cafe or a pub hound their customers? What are they supposed to do? Demand to see your phone?

Have done some bar work recently and not seen many people use the QR code or even sign in on the paper format anymore. 

Odd person will stick a mask on to go to the toilet but very rare.

47 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I don't doubt folk like that exist as we have seen on that site you mention but I've yet to see a "grass" post about the blatant ignore of track and trace so it's unlikely to change from that. It's a very difficult thing to grass on, masks, easy a photo of a mask less person is straight forward to do but what evidence can a person of that mind provide re passports.

That is 3 times at Hampden and I haven't been asked or seen anyone else asked for the vaccine passport. I don't expect pubs to be much different.

Last night was the first night I’ve been asked, and the fucking useless app they’ve produced firstly came up saying my Covid status was no longer valid, before then closing itself down each time I tried to open it. Luckily the stewards didn’t care so I just said it wasn’t working and walked on.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Moon Howlers?

Clatty b*****d?

And you want to complain about me playing the man instead of the ball? 🤣

You want to dish it out? No problem. But be man enough to take it back.

Go on admit it. You've been washing your hands to Happy Birthday for 18 months haven't you?

Wow. Fucking clown 

46 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

What a HUGE surprise that one of the sanctimonious brigade can't see the bigger problem here without it smacking them squarely in the plums.

People like you never can until it's starting to affect you personally, by which time it's all too late.

First they came for the clatty b*****ds who refused to wash their hands....

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Last night was the first night I’ve been asked, and the fucking useless app they’ve produced firstly came up saying my Covid status was no longer valid, before then closing itself down each time I tried to open it. Luckily the stewards didn’t care so I just said it wasn’t working and walked on.

We had guys cunningly walking off the pavement and onto the adjoining grass to avoid the covid checking stewards or even more brazenly some managed to bypass them by being unable to open their app and being ushered through and out the road. Bigger pantomine than the Pavilion and marginally less funny. Not blaming the individuals probably on less than minimum wage but those who came up with the buffoonery behind deserve to be roundly booed. 

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The big Holland v Norway decider behind closed doors. Didn't realise the Dutch had regressed so far that football is crowd less again. Crazy stuff.

Their 'partial lockdown' is actually pretty strict - https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/news/2021/11/12/press-conference-12-november-2021

8 minutes ago, ddfg said:

We had guys cunningly walking off the pavement and onto the adjoining grass to avoid the covid checking stewards or even more brazenly some managed to bypass them by being unable to open their app and being ushered through and out the road. Bigger pantomine than the Pavilion and marginally less funny. Not blaming the individuals probably on less than minimum wage but those who came up with the buffoonery behind deserve to be roundly booed. 

Yeah assume you were east stand side too as this describes exactly what I encountered.