Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Really can't see what can be done other than an extension of vaccine passports. Even restrictions on numbers would require some sort of support package which, as far as I can tell, we don't have.

Suppose we'll just need to wait and see. Preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Really can't believe we're back in this position of constant worry and anxiety.

The worst bit about a "best case" scenario of just a vaccine passport extension is you know they won't just leave it at that and would immediately hint at and threaten going further.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

DRoss calling for the SG to fund it's own furlough scheme on BBC Scotland news there. So much for the Conservatives being against another lockdown. Basically pro lockdown but against it being funded by WM is the more accurate description of their stance.

I’d say he’s actually just calling her out.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

DRoss calling for the SG to fund it's own furlough scheme on BBC Scotland news there. So much for the Conservatives being against another lockdown. Basically pro lockdown but against it being funded by WM is the more accurate description of their stance.

A bit rich from someone who is directly funded by Westminster himself but never works there

Extending vaccine passports would be window dressing. They won't stop cases increasing and since we keep.being told that Omicron needs three doses, the case for them is even weaker still  now given the currently small numbers of boosters given to the under 50s. 

That said, I can see this happening as a means of showing that the government is doing something. Main concern is that household mixing could be about to be restricted - this doesn't need furlough so the arguments about funding are moot. 

22 hours ago, RiG said:

I went through every location in NHS Lothian for the rest of December to find nothing and ended up getting something at the start of January at Ocean Terminal. They aren't going to turn me away because I booked my booster when I wasn't meant to. 

Was told last night that there are a good number of appointments in Fife this week for boosters so now I am heading to Dunfermline on Thursday morning to get boosted in DW Sports :lol: 

Edited by RiG

50 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Really can't see what can be done other than an extension of vaccine passports. Even restrictions on numbers would require some sort of support package which, as far as I can tell, we don't have.

Suppose we'll just need to wait and see. Preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. Really can't believe we're back in this position of constant worry and anxiety.

What’s the latest regards your wedding?

Hope I’ve got the right person.

29 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Will certainly be interesting to see how UKGov respond to the cries for help from hospitality in England without releasing funds for the devolved nations. 

38 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

You can stay open, but with half the punters. Oh, and by the way, we are advising folk not to come to your venue and we won’t support you for the lost income.

That is not going to be popular at all.

I read that as asking households to consider social distancing, rather than venues.  But I'm likely wrong.

What’s the latest regards your wedding?
Hope I’ve got the right person.
Yeah that's me.

Not got a clue tbh which is why I'm pretty anxious about today. It was originally scheduled for January this year but we made the decision last November to postpone as it was pretty clear where things were headed in terms of restrictions.

Up until about a week ago we thought we were good to go but since then it's been constant worry about what may/may not be introduced. I was at a mates wedding at the weekend which was completely normal so its infuriating/bemusing in equal measure that ours could either be restricted or, worst case, we have to try and postpone again.

Denmark has released a report on Omicron. They have a number of hospitalisation.

This is apparently slightly higher than the Delta wave. It could be due to the higher transmissibility causing more people to catch Omicron in hospital.

5 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Will certainly be interesting to see how UKGov respond to the cries for help from hospitality in England without releasing funds for the devolved nations. 

Am I missing something? What cries for help?

Edited by Todd_is_God