Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Problem is, a lot of hospitality venues will likely feel conpelled to act. I fully expect to hesr from the venue of my xmas night out saying they can no longer accomodate a booking of 10 or 11 guys.

Putting the onus on businesses to restrict themselves.

Less hospitality in pubs will undoubtedly mean more at home for me.

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If it is advice then I do give the SG some credit. Maybe this is finally the adult conversation we've wanted for a long time.

I'm not sure. I doubt it's what they really want to do - they had the begging bowl out numerous times.

We're absolutely at the mercy of WM telling the SG to bolt.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Problem is, a lot of hospitality venues will likely feel conpelled to act. I fully expect to hesr from the venue of my xmas night out saying they can no longer accomodate a booking of 10 or 11 guys.

Putting the onus on businesses to restrict themselves.

Less hospitality in pubs will undoubtedly mean more at home for me.

I can't see it tbh. They've been scapegoated and shafted for 21 months.

Some might, but, faced with huge reductions in income, others won't.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Problem is, a lot of hospitality venues will likely feel conpelled to act.

Tbf they need to protect their ability to open, whilst treble vaccinated well people are being forced into isolation because their flat mate has Covid will decimate their staff before long. It's a double edged sword.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/health/news-health/17036536/hospitals-overwhelmed-weeks-could-close/

Whitty is doing the rounds with MPs today and is warning of hospitals closing their doors in four weeks time.

Worth bearing in mind when we’re served our shit sandwich at 2:20 that this is the sort of warnings and advice that politicians are being given. If they did nothing and hospitals did close their doors, I’m sure everyone would remain calm and praise them for protecting freedoms. Right?

1 minute ago, Paco said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/health/news-health/17036536/hospitals-overwhelmed-weeks-could-close/

Whitty is doing the rounds with MPs today and is warning of hospitals closing their doors in four weeks time.

Worth bearing in mind when we’re served our shit sandwich at 2:20 that this is the sort of warnings and advice that politicians are being given. If they did nothing and hospitals did close their doors, I’m sure everyone would remain calm and praise them for protection freedoms.

'Warnings and advice', based entirely on the same shan models that have been wrong every single time so far.

57 minutes ago, renton said:

No. Protection from vaccines were waning anyway and Delta was not exactly abating. If not for Omicron we'd be plodding away as was and I'd be getting a 6 month booster in February/March instead of December.

The good news is that having latched onto Booster shots early, we should be a decent position where the more vulnerable elements of society should be well protected despite the apparent significant immune escape from this variant.

You'd be as well talking to the wall.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Worth bearing in mind when we’re served our shit sandwich at 2:20 that this is the sort of warnings and advice that politicians are being given. If they did nothing and hospitals did close their doors, I’m sure everyone would remain calm and praise them for protecting freedoms. Right?

Maybe the government could stop shitting the bed about people with positive tests and let people who are well enough to work go to work.

Hospitals being unable to cope because of staff being off "sick" is an entirely engineered situation.

3,117 new cases of COVID-19 reported

29,558 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

11.3% of these were positive

6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

38 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

541 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

4,363,074* people have received their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination, 3,978,208 have received their second dose, and 2,200,172 have received a third dose or booster.

*Due to a refresh of data yesterday, Public Health Scotland have now been able to identify a number of duplicates in the data which were previously reported as separate vaccination events.  This has resulted in a drop in reported Dose 1 vaccinations.

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

3,117 new cases of COVID-19 reported

29,558 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

11.3% of these were positive

6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive

38 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

541 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19

A whopping 60 cases more than last Tuesday.