Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

In regards to Italy, did we go on “lockdown” quicker than they did?

I think we were 4 days quicker with 3 weeks notice

@Miguel Sanchez

I'd like to nominate all those c***s who get a smug feeling of superiority at slagging off families etc for showing support to the NHS staff.

I get that it does f**k all, and it's not really my kind of thing, but at a time when a lot of families are probably scared and feeling a bit helpless, some moment of feeling like they're doing something positive with the rest of their street does no harm whatsoever. And if it keeps the work of nhs staff to the forefront of the public attention, hopefully it's remembered when all this is done and the government next try to shaft them.

Yes, obviously nhs staff would rather have correct ppe, but the two are hardly fucking related.  It's not as if some family standing at their front door clapping is delaying the local hospital getting a delivery of face masks, gloves and protective suits.

Its far too easy to be cynical about everything as an internet 'commentator', and there's a fair lack of self-awareness from folk slagging off others for the futility of a couple of minutes applause when they're sitting spending all day discussing the whole situation with a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Any UK resident stll abroad shouldn't be given any leeway. The FCO advised against all but essential travel on the 16th of March. It also advised all UK nationals to return.
If you are still abroad now it's your own fault if the border is closed to you.
No it didn't.

As a UK citizen living abroad I've been keeping an eye on their advice. They advised all UK holiday makers and those on business trips to return. They changed that in the last day or two to those normally resident in the UK. They've never advised all UK nationals to return.

19 minutes ago, woolf said:

Fkn strange turn this threads taken 😳

Anyway after a pretty shit 8-9:days I’m just about feeling human again so stuck some Hoegaarden in my PD machine and thought f**k it!

This virus isn’t too much to worry about (physically) for most of us but it will test you mentally and play lottery with some of us. Heart goes out to everyone.Stay Safe and be nice x

Couldn't send your lungs too, just in case?

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

@Miguel Sanchez

I'd like to nominate all those c***s who get a smug feeling of superiority at slagging off families etc for showing support to the NHS staff.

I get that it does f**k all, and it's not really my kind of thing, but at a time when a lot of families are probably scared and feeling a bit helpless, some moment of feeling like they're doing something positive with the rest of their street does no harm whatsoever. And if it keeps the work of nhs staff to the forefront of the public attention, hopefully it's remembered when all this is done and the government next try to shaft them.

Yes, obviously nhs staff would rather have correct ppe, but the two are hardly fucking related.  It's not as if some family standing at their front door clapping is delaying the local hospital getting a delivery of face masks, gloves and protective suits.

Its far too easy to be cynical about everything as an internet 'commentator', and there's a fair lack of self-awareness from folk slagging off others for the futility of a couple of minutes applause when they're sitting spending all day discussing the whole situation with a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Birthday Caird Pish GIF by hiugregg | Gfycat

No it didn't.

As a UK citizen living abroad I've been keeping an eye on their advice. They advised all UK holiday makers and those on business trips to return. They changed that in the last day or two to those normally resident in the UK. They've never advised all UK nationals to return.

The FCO frequently advises all but essential travel to the USA. It’s a meaningless phrase which travellers know fine well. But once that changed to sentences with adverbs stronger than ‘should’, they start meaning business.

That they are in the process of arranging repatriation flights means nobody has any excuse.

No idea about North Sea but my sounder has sea temp at surface 5m and bottom 5m and in the Mull of Kintyre / Sound of Jura temp peaks early Oct and no real big dip until late Nov. It's at its coldest right now, starts heating in about 3 weeks.

The warmest month of the year is July.  If you read further you would find it is not when the North Sea is warmest

13 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

@Miguel Sanchez

Ahmen,generally not a fan of the applause bollox but  there’s more to this!
People are scared!Letting the Nurses and Doctor's and the Carers  know we appreciate them isn’t like pissing on your Mum!

37 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

Well I have had my struggles this week but I am feeling a bit better about the recent graphs I have seen so feel good going into the weekend. 

Just now, throbber said:

Well I have had my struggles this week but I am feeling a bit better about the recent graphs I have seen so feel good going into the weekend. 

Glad to hear that mate 👍

Just watched a news article from here about a mental-health home. I can't imagine how hard it is for the people who work there and those who don't understand what is going on. 

There are some that don't know how to wash their own hands, some that have short memories and then forget that they should be washing them more often and some that just don't understand what's going on at all, meaning many are not confiding themselves to their rooms and the fucking virus has spread throughout the whole place, killing one already. 

I've been pretty emotionally-unattached to the whole thing for the most part until I saw this, was utterly heart breaking. 

They've only just received a small package of basic safety equipment too and many of the staff have already been tested positive.