Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Anyone else find that the private PCR tests are far more thorough/invasive than the NHS tests?  Just had one done through Randox in town and the guy who did it was really scraping around back there.  I've had to do a few PCR tests and lateral flows and they were nowhere near as unpleasant.  

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah, there was a guy offering private Covid tests down one of the roads off Leith Walk so I gave it a try. It was really invasive and I honestly don’t know why it was so important for him to do the throat swab with his penis. He obviously wanted to do a good job as he insisted on filming it, I assume to watch back for performance review. I’ve been waiting a whole day for his text as well. Still, better safe than sorry for Christmas eh.

😁

How stupid must you be to get played by Boris Johnson?

I'd question if the man can tie his own shoelaces.
No-one is being played by Boris - the only reason he didn't follow suit is the 100+backbenchers who voted against his existing restrictions.

I would think that Drakeford and Sturgeon are at the back of his thoughts when it comes to the decisions he makes.

41 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Anyone else find that the private PCR tests are far more thorough/invasive than the NHS tests?  Just had one done through Randox in town and the guy who did it was really scraping around back there.  I've had to do a few PCR tests and lateral flows and they were nowhere near as unpleasant.  

I think the NHS were supposed to have changed the throat swab thing quite recently. Supposedly it's now 15 seconds on each side of the throat. 

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I was in the boozers last night. No social distancing, mask wearing largely thrown out the window, multiple pints of T consumed, got absolutely fucking steaming. It was fucking great. And I’m doing it all again tonight.

The hero we all need.

The in-laws texted at 5pm today asking everyone coming for Christmas to do an LFT :lol: Is it normal to expect people to have a stash of them sitting about the house? And this despite no mention of testing ever since this whole thing started. But 'cos Christmas'.

Can't wait to get Covid finally consigned to the dustbin of history. People are absolutely fucking broken.

1 minute ago, Zetterlund said:

The in-laws texted at 5pm today asking everyone coming for Christmas to do an LFT :lol: Is it normal to expect people to have a stash of them sitting about the house? And this despite no mention of testing ever since this whole thing started. But 'cos Christmas'.

Can't wait to get Covid finally consigned to the dustbin of history. People are absolutely fucking broken.

Tell them to fucking do one. 

My in laws knew theres been a cold kicking about our house for the last week. They said of you do any sort of test and it comes back positive, dont tell us. Wer not cancelling Christmas.

Tbh, im not sure id have allowed it to carry on, but I appreciate the sentiment from them and genuinely feel for some of the folk in the stories on this thread. Especially the debacle Dons1988 was being put through

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I was in the boozers last night. No social distancing, mask wearing largely thrown out the window, multiple pints of T consumed, got absolutely fucking steaming. It was fucking great. And I’m doing it all again tonight.

I have visions now of folk walking into the pub wearing a mask, and promptly being picked up and launched through plate glass back onto the street. 😀

20 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The wife myself and grandson.( who lives with us) are all doing lft before going to sister in laws for the day. 

38 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I've got two boxes here. Transfer me a tenner and I'll send you a negi test.

13 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

The wife myself and grandson.( who lives with us) are all doing lft before going to sister in laws for the day. 

I wouldn't have really cared if we'd been given some notice. It's the announcing of this minor condition of entry the evening before which isn't exactly ideal. This kind of nonsense is leading to families falling out needlessly left right & centre.