Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What intrusion has happened to your day to day life apart from being asked to wear a mask and wash your hands occasionally, which you refuse to do? As I understand it you're not a regular clubber or visitor to football stadiums, or even pubs. I'm struggling to understand how covid has affected your life at all.

That’s an off the chart mental take, if you’re suggesting only people who go to nightclubs or the football have been impacted by covid restrictions.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
1 hour ago, Elixir said:
Lads, I don't know about you, but I have a feeling that this spring and summer are going to be fucking GLORIOUS.

^^^ Surprisingly upbeat for someone who's going to have to find a new hobby..

I was thinking exactly the same.

Mind you, we managed it once new Rangers stabilised.

39 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

That’s an off the chart mental take, if you’re suggesting only people who go to nightclubs or the football have been impacted by covid restrictions.

No, but I'm suggesting that someone who claims to be retired living in the country, doesn't go to pubs, clubs, football or on foreign holidays, and refuses to wear a mask or wash his hands, hasn't had his day to day life interfered with much at all.

You know what really grates? It's not the lack of a thank you from the vulnerable for the 2 years of sacrifices we've pretty much all made to keep them safe, through continual vaccinations and restrictions. I don't need their thanks. What really grates is having gone through all of that for them, they turn round and call us selfish c***s for wanting our lives back. That's the bit which will stick in my mind. And when I'm old and grey, I'll be happy to pass on the lesson to future generations that the more you try to help some people, the more ungrateful they become. 

Edited by welshbairn

44 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And when I'm old and grey, I'll be happy to pass on the lesson to future generations that the more you try to help some people, the more ungrateful they become. Once you cross that line into making people dependent it's a long road back for them.

...and there's our demented subtext.

It's all about having helped out those vulnerable scumbags with a collective effort and sensibility.  We must never let it happen again.  It just makes the already vulnerable, dependent on others for care and support.

The shits.

That's where this guy's coming from folks.  Lovely stuff - not my words.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I said it before and it's worth repeating. The bulk of the population don't support restrictions and the testing obsession.

They are only doing it because they are being forced into it.

You saw it when England ditched mandatory masking and you're seeing it now with PCR testing being dropped.

Between Sturgeon embarrassing herself with her pre-Christmas panicking and Boris and his endless partying, the public are done with this.

Short of a new variant which kills tens of thousands overnight, it's all effectively over.

The only remaining question is how long Sturgeon is going to continue to punish us for and how much she wants to run the NHS down by forcing healthy staff to isolate unnecessarily before she admits what the rest of us have known for some time.

I'm not sure whether to agree with you because 'obsession' is a bit subjective. I've definitely noticed a bit more resentment in real life towards the last round of restrictions than ever before. Although that is primarily among people who particularly like football and pubs, which seemed to take the main hit. On the other hand my work Christmas do got cancelled (not my call) and I was at a shindig in December where basically everyone got Covid = plenty of people getting tested.  

If you mean the people who apparently test themselves four times a day (Facebook ma's and John Swinney) or wear facemasks at crimbo dinner, I agree that is a tiny minority of people. Much as we might see differently about whether we give a f**k about facemasks in the grand scheme of things, I think we can all agree that we just want to get back to normality asap 👍

NHS will start sacking unvaccinated staff next month, according to NHS guidance. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/17/nhs-will-start-sacking-unvaccinated-staff-early-next-month/

Potentially affects up to 9000 staff at GP practices alone. 

https://www.gponline.com/thousands-unvaccinated-gp-staff-face-dismissal-notice-february/article/1737608

Seems to be about as effective as vaccine passports at "encouraging" vaccinations. An entirely self inflicted disaster about to unfold in England* if there's no reversal of this policy. 

*Far as I'm aware, there is no similar policy in place in Scotland, Wales or NI. 

42 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Hobby?  This is a full time job for Elixir....double shifts.

I feel sorry for the likes of Warnock, Mourinho, Montgomery etc......I am sure they must be on commission every time he cuts and pastes one of those "absolutely hilarious" images

I hadn't posted on here all day till the past hour or so, bud. I'm sure that sounded better in your head, though! Keep at it, and maybe one day you'll land a decent dunk!

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Regardless of the reasons for it, the tide is definitely turning and unless a new highly damaging variant arrives, it looks like a permanent turning point.

You can tell that the pro-lockdown freaks also sense the game is running away from them because the shrieking is reaching fever pitch all across social media. That's not just the likes of Deepti Gurdasani (who genuinely appears to be on the verge of a complete breakdown) but ordinary people too who are realising that after 2 years of us bending over backwards to help them, they are on the verge of having to learn how to "adult" for themselves again.

You know what really grates? It's not the lack of a thank you from the vulnerable for the 2 years of sacrifices we've pretty much all made to keep them safe, through continual vaccinations and restrictions. I don't need their thanks. What really grates is having gone through all of that for them, they turn round and call us selfish c***s for wanting our lives back. That's the bit which will stick in my mind. And when I'm old and grey, I'll be happy to pass on the lesson to future generations that the more you try to help some people, the more ungrateful they become. Once you cross that line into making people dependent it's a long road back for them.

Won't lie. I feel better for that wee mini-rant. 😆

Thank you.

Life was particularly hard (for everyone) at the start of the pandemic, and I was basically a prisoner in my house until August 2020, when the rules for those in the at risk category were eased somewhat.

From that point on my life has been made so much less stressful by the majority of others being careful and mostly following the restrictions whether they agreed with them or not.

I agree that we're pretty much at the point where I think life should get back to where we were pre pandemic. Recently received a letter about treatment that, provided you know early enough, can prevent covid causing serious illness.

There will always be some who fall through the cracks, including possibly myself, but that shouldn't imo now impinge on the majority getting their freedoms fully back. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

What intrusion has happened to your day to day life apart from being asked to wear a mask and wash your hands occasionally, which you refuse to do? As I understand it you're not a regular clubber or visitor to football stadiums, or even pubs. I'm struggling to understand how covid has affected your life at all.

Yowzers man, just yowzers. 

1 hour ago, GTee said:

I usually post rubbish on here. Anyway, I was thinking earlier. Why should fully vaccinated people need to wear a mask? 

Celtic's stadium announcer had made a few announcements during the match tonight asking people to wear face masks walking around inside the stadium. Never saw anyone wearing one. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley