Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Cue someone predictably posting "At this point"?
Maybe, thats not my concern, but they way you have framed DeeTilEhDehs post i particular (although none of them make you look good) is fucking ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing cheerful or upbeat about his post.

You are an absolute parody on here now. Maybe thats what you wanted, who knows.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe, thats not my concern, but they way you have framed DeeTilEhDehs post i particular (although none of them make you look good) is fucking ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing cheerful or upbeat about his post.

You are an absolute parody on here now. Maybe thats what you wanted, who knows.

Yeah, I was pushing it with his.  He's a decent bloke and he was just pointing something out.

This has probably been debated a million times. But if it's safe enough to go into school for classes, why wouldn't it be safe to go into exam halls which are basically socially distanced anyway?
"Aggressive new variant" made me chuckle too. Good wording.
The real issue with exams is the amount of time some pupils have had off self-isolating.

I know they did say they were considering their scenario 2 with exams going ahead:

"SQA will continue to constantly monitor public health advice and levels of disruption across the country, while taking account of discussions that take place in the Covid-19 Education Recovery Group (CERG)**. If there is further significant disruption to learning and teaching this session, appropriate additional support measures for learners will be put in place to help reduce pre-exam stress. For example, where possible in some subjects SQA may provide additional information to help learners focus their study on the run up to the exams. This will not be possible in all subjects due to the types of modifications which are already in place. The actual assessments will not change under this approach.

If additional measures are required, they will be introduced at the end of March 2022."

My own view is that there's going to be an utter bloodbath come exam results day as things stand. It's not great at all.

If exams don't go ahead this year my daughter has the very real possibility of leaving school without sitting any formal exams (last year was close but they were termed as assessments and they used classroom evidence too I believe) 

Bit mental that, but I'm confident it'll be fine this year for exams to take place properly 

Edited by Squalor Vic

57 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I  wouldn't have called this one downbeat either.

Holy shit, someone states the actual facts of length of employment v rights gained.

I notice that you have went from folk being gleeful to not being downbeat.

Why don't you enhance your own forum experience and put yourself on ignore.

I would happily be gleeful and far from downbeat were this to happen.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This one sounded pretty chirpy about the fate of defenceless employees.

As per usual you have nothing to actually contribute and are making a tit of yourself.

I stated a fact, nothing more.  You determining I’m chirpy about the situation is your typical extrapolation and nonsense.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I've just heard a clip from Frankie Boyle where he describes Sturgeon as "the only person in the world who squints using her entire face and who has the air of a stepmother who would be quite happy for you to hear her fucking your dad but would lose her mind if she caught you not using a drinks coaster". 🤣

🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've just heard a clip from Frankie Boyle where he describes Sturgeon as "the only person in the world who squints using her entire face and who has the air of a stepmother who would be quite happy for you to hear her fucking your dad but would lose her mind if she caught you not using a drinks coaster". 🤣

I heard that from his show new world order, ive got it on a series link. Would recommend, hit or miss but has some gems like the bit you posted.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The real issue with exams is the amount of time some pupils have had off self-isolating.

I know they did say they were considering their scenario 2 with exams going ahead:

"SQA will continue to constantly monitor public health advice and levels of disruption across the country, while taking account of discussions that take place in the Covid-19 Education Recovery Group (CERG)**. If there is further significant disruption to learning and teaching this session, appropriate additional support measures for learners will be put in place to help reduce pre-exam stress. For example, where possible in some subjects SQA may provide additional information to help learners focus their study on the run up to the exams. This will not be possible in all subjects due to the types of modifications which are already in place. The actual assessments will not change under this approach.

If additional measures are required, they will be introduced at the end of March 2022."

My own view is that there's going to be an utter bloodbath come exam results day as things stand. It's not great at all.

Do you reckon?

I think exams will go ahead and it'll unfold relatively smoothly.

The statement from the SQA last week also highlighted that courses had been modified at the outset to allow for any disruption to attendance of staff and pupils.

Surely we can't have a third successive year of undermined grading.