Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've already explained why. It's the same reason folk shouldn't be driving to exercise.

If you go out, two people in the same car, one goes into the shop, that person comes out, and you go home nothing happens, okay, great.

What if instead of nothing happens, something happens? And then two people are potentially exposed rather than one?

What if the pedestrian got knocked down while exercising in a built up area ?

If they'd driven to a secluded area, then they wouldn't have been knocked down ??

Just now, Gaz said:

If we take my potential axe accident as an example (something that actually happens as opposed to knicker-wetters going on about plane crashes) how many car accidents end up with just the people going home? How many end up riding in ambulances, going to hospital?

How many journeys actually end in an accident?

22 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Bored yet?

Missing the day to day banality of work. Conference call was most excitement I've had in two weeks lol

21 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I hope you swanned out of there with a Salmond swagger and a huge staff discounted trolley of goodies. 

I work(ed) in a contact centre. My business stream is getting TUPEd and I'll get a decent wedge. Just panicking about next job though. Too much time on my hands I guess... 

18 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Cars are in accidents every day. As far as I am aware planes don't crash into houses every day, nor do trucks crash into living rooms on a regular occurrence. I'm not really sure what's so hard about this to understand.

Two people going for the shopping, when one person is able to do it on their own, is not necessary travel.

Heart attacks happen every day. 

Twice mentioning the plane crash post as if it was remotely serious btw. Minter. 

16 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

No it isn't outside of special circumstances where it's essential. Only one person going out per trip cuts the odds of spreading the virus. What's difficult about this?

So would never ever leaving your house and living off rations of food in your house until you literally run out.

But there is a line and whilst what you're saying might be best practice it certainly isn't an offence worth battering people over. In answer to your question I would say actually there's nothing particularly easy about any of this. Give people a break.

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s a lot of faux outrage going on here. A couple doing their weekly shop together is absolutely fine ffs.

Why are the government recommending that people shouldn't be doing that then?

It seems like a very minor point to me but Gaz is technically correct I'd say.

Genuinely astonished at the number of people who think two fit and healthy people going out in a car when only one is needed = necessary travel.