Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Trust this risible squad to squander such a glorious banter opportunity.

Oh, trust me, that risible squad has been banterific all season. Perhaps not for the Hearts fans though.

14 minutes ago, DC92 said:

A 1-0 win would have done it.

Funnily enough, this would have meant St Mirren getting relegated on goal difference effectively because of a heavy defeat to Celtic a few days earlier.

Trust this risible squad to squander such a glorious banter opportunity.

Glorious indeed. 

skysports-jon-obika-st-mirren_4945638.jpg

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

That would have been sensational, and would have easily topped Hearts relegation in the banter stakes.

Would it? Unless you have a particular stiffy for us, it's not as if being relegated is new to St Mirren in any way. I've seen us papped out of the top leagues far more times than I care to mention. Granted we've never dropped to the depths of the league like other certain clubs have (obligatory P&B trolling comment, you'll forgive me).

If we were bottom of the league now, and relegation was happening after the league is called, I'd fully accept it because while we've not been dreadful this season (Goodwin has us organised but not much of a threat) we've not put enough points on the board.

Thankfully, we aren't and Hearts are, and they are there on merit (or non-merit) as it were. Hearts aren't a "special" case just because they are Hearts. What's more, I reckon most Hearts fans would take a season in the Championship just so they can huckle Levein's rotten signings out and rebuild.

4 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

It was definitely a board decision. Presumably the same when they gave cash early to Livingston and Dunfermline.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/469382/SPFL-to-offer-crisis-hit-Hearts-early-prize-money-pay-out

Boy, this "prize money can't be released early under any circumstances" stance sure has been shown to be quite the bollocks a fair few times.

vladchin.png

Gretna also received their prize money early iirc so they didn't go bankrupt before the end of the season.

The SPFL can do whatever they want if they have the votes to do it.

They could allow clubs to claim their current placing prize money on the understanding that if they don't finish in that position they have to pay it back. Since the SPFL stance seems to be that finishing the season is unlikely this would have little risk to them.

Anyone else getting a bit worried about the current situation now? (Obviously there are a lot of bigger problems in the world which I hope we all work together to try and beat before anyone comes steaming in with the ‘bigger problems in the world than football’ points which is completely true.)

We are now effectively caught in a stalemate unless Dundee or ICT change their vote which is very unlikely. (Would that even be allowed?)

There is no chance of finishing this season unless we are happy for next season to get fucked date wise as well.

if we restart then loads of issues come into play like players contracts/bosman transfers, clubs would surely need some sort of mini pre-season given how long they’ve been off for, clubs like; Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and maybe County now able to go and outspend their competitive rivals in another transfer window we wouldn’t normally have.

Reconstruction would be dead in the water as premiership clubs (bar hearts) would have nothing to gain from voting it in.

Just now, ali_91 said:

You’ve not been on pie and Bovril much recently, have you? 

Heh... no that's true. I felt during this time of national crisis, the least I could do was offer up my "gold standard" banter as some way of comfort to the masses.

5 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

if we restart then loads of issues come into play like players contracts/bosman transfers, clubs would surely need some sort of mini pre-season given how long they’ve been off for, clubs like; Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and maybe County now able to go and outspend their competitive rivals in another transfer window we wouldn’t normally have.

While I appreciate you might have missed my comments some weeks back but this was the very point I was making then.

Of course, some wags were keen to point out that we play league games when the window is open in August and January because... you know.. that's clearly the same thing.

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's comforting to know that, in the middle of a world changing crisis, Scottish football remains a chaotic fucked up shambles. 

It brings a tear to my eye in gratitude. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

1 hour ago, Ric said:

You are making a massive assumption there. Anyone that knows me, will know that if St Mirren were bottom of the league at this point I would be giving the same argument.

I take the point that there are a lot of options, almost all of them have some merit and it seems next to nobody agrees. What is completely clear is, unless some serious development happens, that football will not be getting played before players contracts finish (or perhaps even the window opening). Legally that will cause all sorts of problems, far more than calling the league.

My annoyance, in regard to the top league is that it's always Rangers whining like children, and it seems Hearts want to join in when the truth of the matter is that this problem is bigger than either club.

UEFA really have to deal with the window issue. Players are going to sign pre-contracts now if they have good offers. They need to announce how they are going to extend the transfer window. Will players who are out of contract in June who have played for 2 teams this season be allowed to play for a 3rd when the season resumes? Will that count into the next season? Are minimum lengths of contracts still going to be enforced?

Calling the leagues across Europe is the easiest option but has a lot of obvious issues around Sporting Integrity. It also means UEFAs own competitions will be voided which may leave them in a lot of legal trouble with their broadcast partners. Having to hand money back all across Europe.

If Coronavirus had hit over the Winter break with Rangers leading on Points per Game then Celtic fans would be the ones whining at this proposal.

I've seen a few brain donors on here claim that those asking for expansion to the premiership are hypocrites because the placings for playoffs in the leagues below aren't confirmed. 

It's like, let's screw over as many clubs as possible out of some twisted principle instead of trying to do the right thing at least by Hearts, ICT, Partick, Falkirk, Stranraer, Edinburgh City, Brora and Kelty. 

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

UEFA really have to deal with the window issue. Players are going to sign pre-contracts now if they have good offers. They need to announce how they are going to extend the transfer window. Will players who are out of contract in June who have played for 2 teams this season be allowed to play for a 3rd when the season resumes? Will that count into the next season? Are minimum lengths of contracts still going to be enforced?

Calling the leagues across Europe is the easiest option but has a lot of obvious issues around Sporting Integrity. It also means UEFAs own competitions will be voided which may leave them in a lot of legal trouble with their broadcast partners. Having to hand money back all across Europe.

From my point of view, it's very hard to argue against any of that. My concern is of course that the loudest kids get the sweets, so the big clubs in the big leagues will be putting huge pressure on the body. Scotland, while technically having a voice, will be drowned out in all of that - even if we were able to get a consistent position put forward.

I find the "oh, won't somebody think of the broadcasters" line really fucking annoying (not suggesting that was your claim). They have absolutely no loyalty to anyone but their shareholders or their money men. To all but the biggest clubs, the broadcasters are an annoyance, not a benefit. Thing is we have allowed ourselves to get into this position, so more fool us.

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

If Coronavirus had hit over the Winter break with Rangers leading on Points per Game then Celtic fans would be the ones whining at this proposal.

Honestly, f**k both OF, they would not think twice of going for a solution even if it meant the rest of the league was fucked. Small minded self interested empty vessels, the pair of them.

Edited by Ric

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I find the "oh, won't somebody think of the broadcasters" line really fucking annoying (not suggesting that was your claim). They have absolutely no loyalty to anyone but their shareholders or their money men. To all but the biggest clubs, the broadcasters are an annoyance, not a benefit. Thing is we have allowed ourselves to get into this position, so more fool us.

What I am saying is that UEFA's stance of finishing the season isn't exactly a neutral position when they have a bunch of money linked to this season's champions league and europa league being finished.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

What I am saying is that UEFA's stance of finishing the season isn't exactly a neutral position when they have a bunch of money linked to this season's champions league and europa league being finished.

And I agree. It certainly isn't. Perhaps my post wasn't really clear on that.

The only way I could see it happening is if Corona virus wipes out so many Scottish and English teams that a British league is the only way to resolve it.

I'd be all for it because ultimately it would benefit Rangers. Sadly it's not going to happen though.

Glad to see that the **** on FollowFollow would rather that so many teams in Scotland and England are wiped out just to allow them to join a British League. Such compassionate fellows! F*** them! They would love loads of people to die so that they could join a British league as they think that the Scottish league is corrupt?!!! Words fail me!!

5 minutes ago, frecossais said:

Glad to see that the **** on FollowFollow ...

Can I ask what the point of quoting from FF is? We all know the tone their users take and to be honest I think half of the members are not Rangers fans at all but others at the wind up a (not unlike RangersMedia). It's like going "Look, here is some unsubstantiated trite xenophobic nonsense posted on Facebook".

3 hours ago, bennett said:

That tweet is astonishing, anyone who listened to the anguish in Scott Gardiners voice would know that something is seriously wrong with the administration of our game.

I thought Gardiner did very well talking about Hearts and Dundee (and pretending to give a f**k about Partick).......two of his previous employers without giving any sensible reason why ICT voted No.

Came across as a bit of a fanny, tbh

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

Can I ask what the point of quoting from FF is? We all know the tone their users take and to be honest I think half of the members are not Rangers fans at all but others at the wind up a (not unlike RangersMedia). It's like going "Look, here is some unsubstantiated trite xenophobic nonsense posted on Facebook".

Not the only statement like that on FF. They majority of them don't want to stay in Scottish football. Their Nirvana is to play in Engurland as one of their reasons is that the are loyal to the queen????

They don't like the Scottish league because they are not top dogs