Is this weekend the last match we get to go to this season?

1 hour ago, G51 Red said:

Not having a go at you m74 , but what if it was your club in Celtics position ? Would you be happy to have everything cancelled and to start again next season , when 9 in a row and another potential treble is on the cards ?? 

No, of course I wouldn’t be happy. But I also wouldn’t be talking about my club being given a title that we hadn’t won. Particularly when the situation is potentially going to have a severe impact on a number of clubs in the league that my team play in.

To me, Celtic being given the title is the best outcome.

They get to goad Rangers fans as theyve won 9 in a row, but deep down, theyll know they havent actually won 9 in a row yet.

Both sides likely to meltdown while the rest of us laugh.

I can't help thinking for the die hard fan the next few weeks will be like the underground rave scene of the late '80s/ early '90s

"eh.. ah hear there might be a happening behind the Jack Kane Centre on Saturday afternoon... rumoured to be Craigmillar Thistle v Granton Star... keep it under yer hat mate, the pigs might be listening in though..." 

"and in other news Police today broke up an illegal amateur match on a ploughed field near Balbeggie. Two dozen pasty faced middle aged men known as "groundhoppers" were led away in vans and ten flasks of weak lemon drink were confiscated.."

Dundee United staying down would be the pinnacle though, even greater than Hearts being relegated.

£5m in debt and all in on promotion, only to be fucked over by a cold.

I suppose a Dundee United v Hearts would be an idea.  A shite idea but an idea.  But cast your mind way way back when Oldco went tits up.  Regardless of what was going to happen to a newco we were told there had to be a relegation and promotion.  That’s why Dunfermline went doon and County and Dundee came up.

If the season has to be cancelled we need promotions and relegations.  We can’t get to within 7 or 8 games of leagues being finished to go f**k it didnae happen.

7 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

I suppose a Dundee United v Hearts would be an idea.  A shite idea but an idea.  But cast your mind way way back when Oldco went tits up.  Regardless of what was going to happen to a newco we were told there had to be a relegation and promotion.  That’s why Dunfermline went doon and County and Dundee came up.

If the season has to be cancelled we need promotions and relegations.  We can’t get to within 7 or 8 games of leagues being finished to go f**k it didnae happen.

If the season hasn't been completed then how can we promote/relegate clubs, its an even bigger minefield than the one at the top of league. 

Four-team play-off for promotion/relegation, but it should be handicapped. Hearts, as they're bottom, should have to play with no goalie or boots on the wrong feet.

Actually, scratch that. The've been doing that all season.

Edited by Mr Heliums

I’ve just read the Lennon interview in full, and it’s worse than I first thought. He, just like Scott Brown, starts by saying that Celtic have to be champions, no debate, and then later he talks about the health issues of ordinary people. Pathetic, classless club. 

I’ve  just read the statement put out by Derek McInnes. That’s the sort of statement that the manager of champions in waiting (maybe forever) should have been making.

Edited by kingjoey

I’ve just read the Lennon interview in full, and it’s worse than I first thought. He, just like Scott Brown, starts by saying that Celtic have to be champions, no debate, and then later he talks about the health issues of ordinary people. Pathetic, classless club.
#fairnessforall

30 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Hearts should be relegated and Inverness play Hamilton per the table as is. Fairs fair. Budgie can go to court if she wants. 

No thanks mate. If they can't follow the normal procedure, it needs to be scrapped.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Sportsound has assembled a crack panel of idiots to say "I dunno, what about Celtic?" over and over again to fill the first two hours of the football free abyss. 

Arguably better than replacing MOTD with Mrs. Brown's Boys though.

Golfers will know the situation when something like a thunderstorm happens and the klaxon sounds to halt play. Golfers will be in varying stages of the round. Some on the tee, some about to putt, some on the fairway after playing their tee shot. Everyone puts a tee behind their ball, walks off - then when clear, they all go back, replace the ball wherever they were, and when the all-clear sounds, carry on.

Why can’t we employ the same sort of principal? Treat this as a ‘freezing’ of the season, then when allowed, pick up from the point the freeze was imposed? As I said earlier, ditch the League and Diddy cups from next season, somehow amend next season’s competitions to a shorter format, to allow for this season to be played out, albeit delayed, but still, played out.

58 minutes ago, bennett said:

If the season hasn't been completed then how can we promote/relegate clubs, its an even bigger minefield than the one at the top of league. 

The season can be completed 'as determined by the Board'. So if they say it's finished, it's finished. No minefield, just congratulate yourselves on finishing second and qualifying for Europe.