Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Ann Budge certainly isn't going to advise a proposal that will see Hearts relegated. With her being in charge of the team it can only mean either no promotion/relegation or an expanded league.

As we are now set to move onto reconstruction your plan looks ok but why is 3rd playing 4th and 5th playing 6th
If your going for 1 game in the quarter finals its should be 3rd and 4th at home to 5th and 6th and then in the semi final the winner who finished higher up the table at home as the do in the NFL play offs .
With your set up the team in 4th might set out to lose the final game to try and finish 5th and get a home tie in the play off quarter finals.
Was just trying to come up with something for the play offs which was fairer than the current format because we know the current model heavily favours the premiership team, I'm sure someone could come up with a better model. Then again it's Ann Budge we're now talking about...

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’ve got to love the chutzpah of the Funsters on here.

One minute they’re holding us to ransom and Nelms is a genius, the next minute it’s “ho look at Sevco” deflection.

Some bois.

U wot m8?

You know we can do both, aye?

1 minute ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Still don’t think everything is resolved , uefa may not allow a new season to start until the countries who are playing their fixtures from 19/20 are completed.

UEFA are going to have get real at some point. Nobody's completing this season any time soon.

To run counter to the prevailing narrative this is actually a very progressive move by the SPFL (and the member clubs) in calling the season. We can all argue about the particular permutations but I don't think anyone seriously believes that the league can be finished within a sensible timescale. There are plenty of other leagues running scared of that reality (presumably compelled by the eye watering sums of money that are at stake) but they'll all come to the same conclusion sooner or later. This shit isn't going away any time soon and we'll all be in a better position having called a halt to this season at a sensible stage than we would be continuing to chase our tails in the vein hope that everything will just suddenly return to normal. Obviously the SPFL are clowns (that goes without saying) but the push to call the league now (however done) was absolutely right.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Why would dundee fans have a meltdown? Literally none of this affects us. You might want to look at Partick Thistle, Hearts and Falkirk if it’s meltdowns you’re looking for.

Yeah, Dundee fans have barely been on this thread.

GREAT thread btw.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Why would dundee fans have a meltdown? Literally none of this affects us. You might want to look at Partick Thistle, Hearts and Falkirk if it’s meltdowns you’re looking for.

The usual suspects have already started and it's delicious.

Not you though, Ross.

Thank you.

Ann Budge certainly isn't going to advise a proposal that will see Hearts relegated. With her being in charge of the team it can only mean either no promotion/relegation or an expanded league.

She’s only been tasked with finding a proposal. If she can’t find a suitable proposal or finds one and it gets voted down then Hearts will be relegated.

Reconstruction won’t happen imo.

Yeah, Dundee fans have barely been on this thread.
GREAT thread btw.

I wouldn’t know, I’ve barely read it. I doubt any Dundee fans will be having meltdowns though. You’ve won the league, grab a beer ffs and stop scouring a forum looking for “raging” Dundee fans.

10 minutes ago, Mexico said:

Ann Budge and The Hamilton Chairman have been appointed as leaders of some task force to explore the possibility of an expanded Premiership? That has to be a wind up?

I ken Ann and she's always struck me as a very pleasant and reasonable soul. I'm sure she can be relied upon to approach the subject in a fair and open minded manner.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

She’s only been tasked with finding a proposal. If she can’t find a suitable proposal or finds one and it gets voted down then Hearts will be relegated.

Reconstruction won’t happen imo.

Ann Budge will find a proposal that will ensure her club aren't relegated. Hence why she's been put in charge of it.

Shite chat all round from Dundee and I’m not happy if we get relegated - albeit if someone needs to be relegated from the Championship then we’re clearly the best shout at this stage.

However, why are Rangers so angry? The league is gone, Celtic have it won. It’s like Inverness being raging that United have been “given” the Championship, or Edinburgh with Cove in League Two.

Teams like Brora, Kelty, Falkirk, and other teams in the promotion playoffs have the most to be angry about. For their sakes (and some form of sporting integrity) I hope there is reconstruction. Even if that still means bottom is relegated and three up from the leagues below.