Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, MacArab said:

Austria are miles ahead of us in term of dealing with this virus, and easing lockdown conditions.

If I get to go to Tannaduce for our first game in mid August, that'll do for me 

That’s a pretty defeatist attitude.  Why can’t all the Scottish clubs play their remaining games for this s season in Austria?

Give me one good reason.

Guest DAVIDB69
Did you miss the bit about UEFA having to get real. All this shit about leagues running to a conclusion is just wishful thinking from leagues/clubs/governing bodies not ready to face facts.
It would be absolutely brilliant and I would be delighted to be wrong if everything were to return to normal in the next couple of months but it simply isn't realistic.

It won’t return to normal that’s my point , but that’s the SPFL seem to think with these decisions, in that 20/21 will be underway at the correct time.

UEFA will tell them when it gets underway not the other way round, we still might be waiting till October for a new season.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think the fact Budge has been given the Chair (along with Les Gray) is very indicative that there's a real expectation it will happen. I doubt she'd have accepted it if it was a lip service appointment. Despite the fact several people seem to be confused by this still, Hearts are down without legal action or reconstruction. It will be odd for her to accept appointment whilst undertaking legal action at the same time. Not impossible, but odd. I suspect she therefore thinks this is the better chance of keeping them up. Will be interesting to see if Partick Thistle fly solo (or with Stranraer support) on a legal action or wait to see what happens.

No matter what Budge and Gray come up with will it not still need an 11-1 yes majority to be implemented. Which will not happen

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

UEFA can't scupper it. They can't even prevent the Premiership being called either, though they can prevent them nominating European representatives off the back of it which is why the Premiership will wait for permission.

I think the fact Budge has been given the Chair (along with Les Gray) is very indicative that there's a real expectation it will happen. I doubt she'd have accepted it if it was a lip service appointment. Despite the fact several people seem to be confused by this still, Hearts are down without legal action or reconstruction. It will be odd for her to accept appointment whilst undertaking legal action at the same time. Not impossible, but odd. I suspect she therefore thinks this is the better chance of keeping them up. Will be interesting to see if Partick Thistle fly solo (or with Stranraer support) on a legal action or wait to see what happens.

Why is Ann Budge anywhere near coming up with plans for reconstruction though?

It's akin to having John Nelms advising the Scottish Government on effective distance voting in the next Scottish election. 

Another comical decision in the history of Scottish football sponsored by Chucklevision. 

I love my club and am glad that reconstruction is being discussed cause imo the current structure is s**t. The game is over priced for the product which is on offer. Playing the same teams 4 times a season, sometimes more depending on cups is boring and stale. The game is needing revamped. 

I am glad to see my club championing for restructure (if only for their own self interest) for the brief reasons above. 

however 

If I’m being truly objective and honest with myself and others. Dundee have gone about it the wrong way. I feel a no vote would have been suffice on Friday with a statement saying that Dundee could not vote for such an agreement as they believed now is a good time to be looking at the structure of the game whilst the season was stopped, with no beginning date arranged for the start of next. 

Nelms instead utilised a flaw in an incompetent setup in order to try and gain leverage on an agenda he wanted to set. Whilst it’s not ideal, I could accept it as sometimes being a bit ambitious and opportunistic is how sometimes you progress. He did so knowing that he and the club’s reputation would take a hit. He was playing with fire and he must have known it. 

Days passed with increased scrutiny across the Scottish game. No one knowing exactly what it was Dundee wanted. The club as we now know has now performed a U-turn and has gained a task force to look at setting up reconstruction if its possible. 

Nelms was playing with fire as I said and feel he has only burnt himself and the club at the moment. If positive long term reconstruction happens for the new season then ill tip my hat off to him and say he did good but as it stands tonight, He’s damaged our reputation massively for a task force which may or may not bring change, something which could possibly have been achieved by just voting no. I don’t think what he has achieved by holding out has been worth it and if anything has only been detrimental to the club.

Apologies for long post, not much else to do on lockdown 😂

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Where is it?

@craigkillie

The answer's on the yellow banner behind them.

Terrible decision making from them in the current climate if it is a recent photo. As NHS staff fight to keep people alive during a global pandemic, these two chumps decide to defy National advice and guidelines for some posturing. Classless. 

Edited by BukyOHare

31 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Whether people agree or disagree on the fundamentals of this and what's going to happen going forward, I think we can all agree that this has been absolutely fantastic drama.

Happy I Like It GIF by swerk

No drama at all - as soon as your lot lied about your vote, it was only going one way. 

I'll give you credit for some quality turd-polishing though. 

9 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

It won’t return to normal that’s my point , but that’s the SPFL seem to think with these decisions, in that 20/21 will be underway at the correct time.

UEFA will tell them when it gets underway not the other way round, we still might be waiting till October for a new season.

Er, no. The commencement date of the next season has got hee haw to do with UEFA. The UK and Scottish Governments and SFA will decide that.

And no, the SPFL does not think that 20/21 will be underway at the correct time. They are hopeful that it might get underway within a month of the scheduled date though. That may prove optimistic.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's the far side of Garscube Estate, the University of Glasgow's sports facility, to the north-west of Glasgow. Right here, to be incredibly specific.

Ha, I'm about 5 minutes away from there. Have played 10 a side on that pitch in shot pretty regularly too, in the Before Coronavirus Time.

1 hour ago, Big Shedboy said:

The resolution stated 

If approved, this would result in the promotion of Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers, and the relegation of Partick Thistle and Stranraer.

Was that part of the resolution, or commentary on the resolution?

Radio Five Live. Chris Sutton criticising the SPFL for looking stupid but that they eventually got to the right decision. However it's very harsh on Partick Thistle who had a game in hand on Alloa who were 9th apparently and he feels sorry for John Neems the Dundee Chief Exec.

Finger on the pulse as usual Chris. 🙄