Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

It's a horrible fact, but she is the best hope we've got. If it weren't for Hearts being in this position and her constant habit of getting involved in absolutely everything, the idea of reconstruction would have been an instant no.

It's still a very slim chance, but Nelms has worked to give it the best possible chance and unfortunately, that's Ann bloody Budge.

Budge is never the answer, she doesnt care about the football up here at all.

This is the woman who wants half the clubs punted out the league system. 

This is the woman who's forcing away fans from Tynecastle by closing half the stand sp fans only have the options of premium priced tickets.

This is the woman who demanded Hearts fans fund a stand, that she then gave to her brother, rather than an actual building firm, and when the price escalated due to having a shite company on the job, went back to Hearts fans asking for more.

This is the woman who's refusing to lower season ticket prices after relegation.

This is the woman who only wants Hearts to stay up so she can charge the fans more to take over the club. 

Shes fucking awful. She'll suggest a 14 team top flight that goes back to what we have in 12 month, and your genuine, once in a decade, chance of change will be gone to fund her ego. Any chance of long term change was fucked the moment she was allowed to lead it.

Guest Flash
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Budge is running the "taskforce", and is wanting a temporary reconstruction, so all this is irrelevant. 

Just think of a reconstruction that benefits Hearts and you've got her plan. Anything else is now fucked as she wont back down from that.

I was replying to Fifespud’s point about the possibility of the prize money being the same. I do realise that it will probably never happen, but that doesn’t mean you can’t reply to a point being made by somebody. I comment every week on Queens games that I know they’re going to lose.

Read what he says before passing comment. Besides, unlike your man he knows the difference between Yes and No.

I've read what he says about Donald Trump and his associates on Twitter, and that alone is enough for me to establish that Lachlan KKKameron is a walloper.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Budge is never the answer, she doesnt care about the football up here at all.

This is the woman who wants half the clubs punted out the league system. 

This is the woman who's forcing away fans from Tynecastle by closing half the stand sp fans only have the options of premium priced tickets.

This is the woman who demanded Hearts fans fund a stand, that she then gave to her brother, rather than an actual building firm, and when the price escalated due to having a shite company on the job, went back to Hearts fans asking for more.

This is the woman who's refusing to lower season ticket prices after relegation.

This is the woman who only wants Hearts to stay up so she can charge the fans more to take over the club. 

Shes fucking awful. She'll suggest a 14 team top flight that goes back to what we have in 12 month, and your genuine, once in a decade, chance of change will be gone to fund her ego. Any chance of long term change was fucked the moment she was allowed to lead it.

Can't disagree with that. I'll wait for her proposal in full but her statement this morning has fair burst my bubble somewhat.

I, evidently naively, thought she'd fight for a 14 team league in order to save Hearts. I never for one second thought she'd have the gall to introduce it purely as a one season temporary measure to protect Hearts. 

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Take your point on youth development though, hadn't thought of it from that angle.

It's a lot of pish. 

What benefit is there for young players to play in dead rubber games at the end of every season?

St Johnstone were involved in a relegation battle for the first half of this season. The two best players we've had this season, in terms of progression, are the youngest two players in Ali McCann and Callum Hendry. 

High pressure competitive games are better for young players than dead ones. Clubs will use young players if they're good enough.

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

Can't disagree with that. I'll wait for her proposal in full but her statement this morning has fair burst my bubble somewhat.

I, evidently naively, thought she'd fight for a 14 team league in order to save Hearts. I never for one second thought she'd have the gall to introduce it purely as a one season temporary measure to protect Hearts. 

Honestly, shes an absolute nightmare but most folk dont seem to realise. 

After a temporary 14 team top flight, she'll probably want the play offs scrapped and parachute payments scrapped with the money going into the top flight pot.

As mentioned on the last page Budge proposing a "temporary change" to the league structure for a couple of seasons. No doubt fiddle the league around a bit to save Hearts but by 2022/23 we'll be back to the same setup we have now.

15 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Well that’s not what he said is it. 

DD7AF96A-156D-4584-8C93-86FCCF644D91.thumb.png.b6f030f867baa97ce4960b27e1cd02b7.png

18 or 20 team league ffs.

I think we can safely file his opinion on league reconstruction in the bin where it belongs. 

Whilst I admit Brownlie has improved as a player from the one who was part of a truly woeful Cowdenbeath defence in their relegation season, it is still slightly pleasing to see a player who jumped ship midseason be part of a team that gets relegated in these circumstances.

I think it once again highlights everything that is wrong with a transfer system that allows a player to sign for a direct rival several months before end of the season, effectively then force his existing employer to allow him to sever his contract and move to the direct rival. This is an absolute nonsense and needs to be eradicated.

The irony here and I must admit I had overlooked the fact, was that Brownlie’s very rare goal for us at Firhill in the first half of the season has been hugely significant in terms of us finishing marginally ahead of Thistle.

I don’t wish any ill on Darren Brownlie - like most players in this day and age they have little or no genuine affinity to any club but for once the rules need to protect the clubs, the integrity of the competition and stop players displaying a lack of professional sporting integrity.

For what it’s worth I think it is grossly unfair that any club gets relegated in these horrendous circumstances and some form of reconstruction with sensible promotions is a fairer solution. Partick are extremely unlucky and we are exceptionally lucky if we survive as are Brechin City but it is by no means certain that season 2020/21 will not see contingency measures being brought into play either given the massive uncertainty that exists.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

18 or 20 team league ffs.

I think we can safely file his opinion on league reconstruction in the bin where it belongs. 

All hes right about is how forcing in a half baked temporary reconstruction in a blind panic to appease everyone isnt the best plan.

If it's being done they need to discuss it, with all 42 clubs and the lower tiers in the pyramid, over the course of a year. Discuss every possible outcome/variable and work out the best approach.

Surely, since the likes of Hearts and Partick are wanting reconstruction "for the good of the game", they'll accept being relegated now if it means a proper reconstruction comes later....

Edited by RandomGuy.

It's a lot of pish. 
What benefit is there for young players to play in dead rubber games at the end of every season?
St Johnstone were involved in a relegation battle for the first half of this season. The two best players we've had this season, in terms of progression, are the youngest two players in Ali McCann and Callum Hendry. 
High pressure competitive games are better for young players than dead ones. Clubs will use young players if they're good enough.
Few years ago, Ayr had a promising full back who made a daft challenge in a play off game and was rightly sent off. Ayr lost the play off and the full back's confidence disappeared off a cliff as he realised what he had cost the club. Had it happened in a dead rubber then nobody would have cared, he would have learned a lesson and wouldn't have left the club within a year, under a cloud. Get them used to playing at that level in meaningless games first and gradually build them up to the higher intensity games. It will be interesting to see where those 2 St Johnstone youngsters are in 5 years time. Scottish football is littered with stories of promising youngsters who have disappeared due to the demands of the safety-first approach. We need to get rid of this mentality that every game needs to be important. Some of us might enjoy a season or two of mid-table mediocrity if we could see a promising team being built and some good younger players coming through that we know could be sold for a few bob and a chunky sell-on clause.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All hes right about is how forcing in a half baked temporary reconstruction in a blind panic to appease everyone isnt the best plan.

If it's being done they need to discuss it, with all 42 clubs and the lower tiers in the pyramid, over the course of a year. Discuss every possible outcome/variable and work out the best approach.

Surely, since the likes of Hearts and Partick are wanting reconstruction "for the good of the game", they'll accept being relegated now if it means a proper reconstruction comes later....

If Ayr United were in 2nd, you can pretty much guarantee he'd be up for the half baked temporary reconstruction proposals. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the perfect time to have serious discussions on every aspect of our game. There's nothing else going on (In terms of football, obviously).

Deep, open and frank discussions about the future should be going on, on a pretty much constant basis. We've a lull of time here to really try and address the problems within our game and that's why I was so supportive of Nelms taking time to consider his position (That and it was bloody great entertainment). If we waste this opportunity and time to discuss the way forward then I doubt we'll ever learn.

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

As mentioned on the last page Budge proposing a "temporary change" to the league structure for a couple of seasons. No doubt fiddle the league around a bit to save Hearts but by 2022/23 we'll be back to the same setup we have now.

If it was anyone other than Hearts in bottom spot there’s no way Budge would support this.

2 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Why are Ayr so against a 14 team Premiership, it gives them a massive chance of promotion to the big time. Or is Lachlan Cameron just a walloper?

Just to give you an insight into the working mind of Lachlan Cameron - He believes that Trump is doing a good job and that the corona virus is a Chinese flu - well, based on his Twitter feed anyway.

Decide for yourself.

4 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Why are Ayr so against a 14 team Premiership, it gives them a massive chance of promotion to the big time. Or is Lachlan Cameron just a walloper?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If it was anyone other than Hearts in bottom spot there’s no way Budge would support this.

And there’s your answer @ArabAuslander

Cameron knows it’s just to appease Hearts and Thistle in the mean time.