Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Honestly, shes an absolute nightmare but most folk dont seem to realise. 

I think you're right.

She's had a very positive press.  When she first arrived, she seemed like such a change from what had been happening at Hearts.  Her PR was good - fan involvement, Save the Children sponsorship etc.

It really took her comments about too many clubs for me to realise what sort of presence she was in the game.  A wider appreciation of her selfishness and ignorance would be useful.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A wacky idea I know, but bear with me.

What about some sort of split?  Obviously, such a move would be entirely unprecedented, but it might be worth looking at.

My own wacky idea was 14 team premiership so 26 games but play the Championship teams once each (10 games, 5 home/away). 36 games. NFL stylee inter divisional match ups that also gives the lower league teams a look at what they are up against and more money? That would mean a 32 game Championship season so a wee bit short

Edited by rainbowrising

So if they go for a temporary reconstruction - what does that mean for the distribution of prize money next season? Does that mean there will be 3 or 4 sets of parachute payments to deal with after next season? 

Why not just come up with a different financial settlement now and save us the hassle of the temporary reconstruction?

In the temporary 14-10-10-10 scenario, does that mean 3 or 4 relegation places in leagues of 10 teams? How they going to get that voted through?

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

Anyone who thinks that whatever reconstruction plan comes forward will be long term is deluding themselves. The top flight clubs have no interesting in (permanently) expanding the league. we will be back to the current setup within a couple of years if not sooner. 

I would certainly hope my club would vote against a "temporary" reconstruction as I remember who were the ultimate losers the last time a temporary increase in the top flight was introduced to save an Embra team.

The only sort of reconstruction which is remotely feasible (especially after having explicitly confirmed the relegation of two sides) is the straight stitch-up where the Premiership grows by 2 and the Championship shrinks by 2. No doubt Dundee have been promised that in this scenario they would be the other club to be promoted, no questions asked.

There is absolutely no possibility that this would pass a vote, so it isn't happening. Hearts will be coming down in due course.

Why would Dundee be "the other club to be promoted"?

The only sort of reconstruction which is remotely feasible (especially after having explicitly confirmed the relegation of two sides) is the straight stitch-up where the Premiership grows by 2 and the Championship shrinks by 2. No doubt Dundee have been promised that in this scenario they would be the other club to be promoted, no questions asked.
There is absolutely no possibility that this would pass a vote, so it isn't happening. Hearts will be coming down in due course.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

If Ayr United were in 2nd, you can pretty much guarantee he'd be up for the half baked temporary reconstruction proposals. 

I’m sure he would. Given that literally every other club in the system has voted in their own best interest (ICT quite blatantly more so than most) I’m baffled as to why you’re attempting to paint this as a shocking thing to do.

13 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Aye m8, they'll promote 1st and 3rd from the Championship, that's what'll happen.

Edited by Dee Man

14 - 10 - 10 - 10 will most likely be the result.

Top two from Championship, L1 & L2 going up.

Top of Highland & Lowland Leagues promoted to L2

No relegation.

Personally would like 14 - 14 - 16 which would make for a less repetitive match schedule and still promote the Highland / Lowland clubs.

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Aye m8, they'll promote 1st and 3rd from the Championship, that's what'll happen.

I will pish myself if this happens. Genuinely, I will go full Throbber and McKee and just stand in the street and pish myself. No questions asked. 

Decision is yours, SPFL. 

Here’s my proposal:
1.  No reconstruction.
2.  Laugh like f**k at Hearts and Thistle.
Ann Budge proposal:

1. Keep Hearts in the premiership
2. f**k every other club I couldn't care about them

That seems about right