Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

14 minutes ago, SueSue said:

14 - 10 - 10 - 10 will most likely be the result.

Top two from Championship, L1 & L2 going up.

Top of Highland & Lowland Leagues promoted to L2

No relegation.

Personally would like 14 - 14 - 16 which would make for a less repetitive match schedule and still promote the Highland / Lowland clubs.

My guess too, poor Dundee. Worth it all for the big draw friendlies though! 

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

My guess too, poor Dundee. Worth it all for the big draw friendlies though!

All joking aside, the method in the madness would be to give us an 'easier' crack at the title next season. 

I've seen this script before though. 

Just now, Dee Man said:

All joking aside, the method in the madness would be to give us an 'easier' crack at the title next season. 

I've seen this script before though. 

Putting my neutral hat on I'd rather see the playoffs go ahead without the second bottom teams in the league above, as a curtain raiser for 20/21. But it would make budget planning and recruitment difficult so probably won't happen.

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Personally, I'd prefer Highland and Lowland leagues to stay out the pyramid. It's already a poor standard without letting the slack jawed yokels in. 

Not surprising when you've fallen behind 2 ex Highland League teams and have Cove Rangers creeping up your arse.

Games against the OF would be reduced which means less gate money. It's embarrassing that's what it comes down to, but you just need to look at the way St Johnstone bent over for Celtic this/last season.
Are the games against the Ugly Sisters as big a crowd puller as they used to be?

My understanding is that their away support for some matches has been falling over the past few years.

Anyone have an idea if this is correct?

2 hours ago, Speroni*1 said:

What's your reasoning for a 20/22 set up? Honestly couldn't think of anything worse. I'm not posing that as a loaded question either - genuinely want to know what the argument for it is as it sounds like it'd make the league season dull as hell to me. 

I probably wouldnt favour it over status quo to be honest but if there were a change its my preference. I'm not sure it would be dull. I accept that clubs might get marooned in the middle playing a second half of a season not playing for much but you would at least play 19 teams twice rather than 9 teams four times. It doesnt generally leave too many teams playing for nothing till late in the season in England. 

Also on a selfish basis a 20 team top league would give us a reasonable chance of being in it now and again. 

Its pie in the sky though. We wont ever see a 20 team top division in Scotland and we need 4 OF games to sell the tv rights.

6 hours ago, parsforlife said:

So he’s just unhappy if it means Ayr still not going up? He’d be all over a 15 team league 

We wouldn't go up to a 15 either :lol:

He just doesn't see the merits if 14 and thinks it should be bigger. 

This 4 Old firm games (is that still what it's called now?) demand by tv companies that we keep hearing about. Has anyone seen this in any contract for real, even just that extract that lays that rule out. What if one of them was to implode or go bust and not be in the same league or same half after the split.

Now could've been a great time to sort out the imbalance in the play-offs, but probably not going to happen now either with Budge leading the task force.