Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

It took you 4 hours to come up with that? Brad Pitt imitating a seagull?

It took me 30 seconds actually. Do you assume everyone who responds to you sits there for hours considering how they should do so?

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

It took me 30 seconds actually. Do you assume everyone who responds to you sits there for hours considering how they should do so?

He literally saves replies to his posts onto his hard drive and follows people around the board for weeks on end. 

9 minutes ago, Dele said:

He literally saves replies to his posts onto his hard drive and follows people around the board for weeks on end. 

So he does sit and think for hours. Well I suppose I've got that to look forward to now.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I spend a lot of time regretting responding to some of them on here.

How are you feeling about this response just now?

Having read all that and the latest government updates we may have made a rash decision promoting Dundee Unt etc...

Starting to look like  postponing matches for one year is the way forward and finishing the 2019/20 season in May 2021.

Might sort social distance issues and the fuss over sportsmanship ethics. 

Sky and BT like us will need to live with it.

Next big problem maybe which clubs are still around.

Would like to point out that if the league doesn't start in August (which by the FM's suggestions and everyone else's it won't) then the TV Deal would be up the swanny anyway.

So it doesn't matter about 4 OF games. With cup replays scrapped and the Betfred in abeyance for a season, plus no winter break. That would save about 10 "slots" in the schedule by my poor maths. 

That means to complete a 38 (12 team or 14 (7/7)) game season, the latest the season could start is roughly mid-October, which is now the earliest its being suggested life will be back to normal.

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

According to D&G Standard,   furloughed players,  Managers,  Coaches,  etc, aren't permitted to discuss football matters with the media.  Surely not the case is it?

Depends what they talk about I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

According to D&G Standard,   furloughed players,  Managers,  Coaches,  etc, aren't permitted to discuss football matters with the media.  Surely not the case is it?

Legally it would depend if doing so is part of their job or something they do voluntarily. If you are furloughed you arent allowed to work. You shouldnt be doing any work from home, checking emails, anything like that. You can take on another job or volunteer work but cant work for the same employer.

Talking to the Standard is pretty grey. I doubt a player talking to the press would be deemed working. Manager is a more grey area, especially if specifically discussing plans for future. 

In practice I doubt HMRC will be trolling the press looking to see who is being interviewed. They will look for fraud with non-existent employees or companies claiming staff are furloughed when they are still working. Its pretty clear footballers and management are not working in the general sense though. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

16 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Would like to point out that if the league doesn't start in August (which by the FM's suggestions and everyone else's it won't) then the TV Deal would be up the swanny anyway.

So it doesn't matter about 4 OF games. With cup replays scrapped and the Betfred in abeyance for a season, plus no winter break. That would save about 10 "slots" in the schedule by my poor maths. 

That means to complete a 38 (12 team or 14 (7/7)) game season, the latest the season could start is roughly mid-October, which is now the earliest its being suggested life will be back to normal.

Do you have some inside information that the TV deal says the league must start in August? That would seem somewhat unlikely to me - surely it doesn't matter if we actually start in October as long as we deliver the number of contracted games promised. Even if the season ends up being shortened, the deal is only for 48 games, which the SPFL would obviously still be able to deliver to Sky, albeit the value might be reduced without the 4 Old Firm matches.

Technically, a furloughed manager/coach shouldn't be watching video/footage of potential signings for next season, developing tactical formations or anything like that, but I presume that watching stuff at home on YouTube etc is practically unenforceable for the police, so would probably just happen (wife/girlfriend wanting jobs done around the house that you've been saying for the past ten years that you've got no time to do notwithstanding, of course!!)

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Do you have some inside information that the TV deal says the league must start in August? That would seem somewhat unlikely to me - surely it doesn't matter if we actually start in October as long as we deliver the number of contracted games promised. Even if the season ends up being shortened, the deal is only for 48 games, which the SPFL would obviously still be able to deliver to Sky, albeit the perceived  value might be reduced without the 4 Old Firm matches.

HTH

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Depends what they talk about I suppose.

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Legally it would depend if doing so is part of their job or something they do voluntarily. If you are furloughed you arent allowed to work. You shouldnt be doing any work from home, checking emails, anything like that. You can take on another job or volunteer work but cant work for the same employer.

Talking to the Standard is pretty grey. I doubt a player talking to the press would be deemed working. Manager is a more grey area, especially if specifically discussing plans for future. 

In practice I doubt HMRC will be trolling the press looking to see who is being interviewed. They will look for fraud with non-existent employees or companies claiming staff are furloughed when they are still working. Its pretty clear footballers and management are not working in the general sense though. 

I can't do a link (which would be another good thing to learn during the lockdown) but the wording is basically: "As a result (of being furloughed) staff,  including players and manager,  cannot talk to The Standard about football while they sidelined as a result of the government scheme." 

The Chairman,  obviously not a salaried staff member and not subject to the furlough,  can give interviews