Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

26 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Of course you have forgotten that we had been awarded a penalty, which was ready to be taken, when the linesman who hadn’t indicated anything wrong, suddenly decided to tell the referee that it shouldn’t be awarded for some reason. Nobody is denying we were rubbish and no certainty that we would have made up the couple of points - but it is another incidence of the SPFL making up the rules as they go along, like allowing each league to decide when to start and how many games to play. That’s what beggars belief.

Wait.

Are you now wanting the legal case you're jointly mounting, to re-visit officials' decisions on the field?

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You know fine well why the playoffs couldn't be played. Those in the playoff places have (mostly) accepted the circumstances and have just got on with things instead of tearful, moronic statements all over the place.

Like everything else in Scottish football / society (delete as you see fit): Money 💰 💴 

6C4275C3-E07A-4F37-819F-CA50129FF42C.jpeg

Edited by Shadow Play

A procedural question, do we need to wait until after the court case to expel Hearts and Thistle from the league or can we do it now? 

Expel Thistle and Hearts and replace them with Brora and Kelty. Falkirk get promoted to the Championship & Stranraer get a reprieve.

How does that sound for everyone? Deal?

I’m sure Partick fans will also feel aggrieved that Alan Forrest took a dive in the 1-1 game at Firhill but choose to ignore that fact that Joe Cardle should’ve been sent off for a stonewall red card.

These individual decisions don’t relegate clubs. Partick Thistle were relegated because for 3 years now horrendous decision making at boardroom level and even worse management in the dugout has led to them being bottom of the table when the league had to be stopped. It wasn’t as if Partick had only just found themselves in 10th place. Someone might have to correct me but I think they’ve been bottom for most of the season.

The only thing Partick should gain if their legal battle is successful is compensation given they’re now in a league that won’t be able to play a full season.

Of course you have forgotten that we had been awarded a penalty, which was ready to be taken, when the linesman who hadn’t indicated anything wrong, suddenly decided to tell the referee that it shouldn’t be awarded for some reason. Nobody is denying we were rubbish and no certainty that we would have made up the couple of points - but it is another incidence of the SPFL making up the rules as they go along, like allowing each league to decide when to start and how many games to play. That’s what beggars belief.
If my auntie had baws . . .

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Like everything else in Scottish football / society (delete as you see fit): Money 💰 💴 

6C4275C3-E07A-4F37-819F-CA50129FF42C.jpeg

For the most part, yes. Or rather, not having the money to do it. Football is still a business after all, and, like many other businesses, is being affected by the GLOBAL PANDEMIC. Most businesses tend to fare poorly when operating with massively reduced to no income and struggle or simply can't produce their product. Why anyone thinks football is somehow different and/or immune that basic, primary school level economic arithmetic, is odd.

Money is why Hearts and Partick are running around with tears streaming down their snottery faces just now.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure Partick fans will also feel aggrieved that Alan Forrest took a dive in the 1-1 game at Firhill but choose to ignore that fact that Joe Cardle should’ve been sent off for a stonewall red card.

These individual decisions don’t relegate clubs. Partick Thistle were relegated because for 3 years now horrendous decision making at boardroom level and even worse management in the dugout has led to them being bottom of the table when the league had to be stopped. It wasn’t as if Partick had only just found themselves in 10th place. Someone might have to correct me but I think they’ve been bottom for most of the season.

The only thing Partick should gain if their legal battle is successful is compensation given they’re now in a league that won’t be able to play a full season.

Well the last game before football was caned they got an equaliser 4 minutes into injury time. That goal from a corner had three infringements in it. 

They got a very lucky break and should have been three points behind with and inferior goal difference. 

So, for season 2019/2020:
-If you finished bottom of the league the results for the season stands.
-If you finished top of the league the results for the season stands.
-If you finished in a play off spot the season was effectively declared null and void.
I guess that’s considered treating every club equally.

The results for the season stood for everyone. The SPFL clubs overwhelmingly voted for all 42 places to be decided on a points per game basis. They also overwhelmingly voted to cancel the play-offs this season.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

For the most part, yes. Or rather, not having the money to do it. Football is still a business after all, and, like many other businesses, is being affected by the GLOBAL PANDEMIC. Most businesses tend to fare poorly when operating with massively reduced to no income and struggle or simply can't produce their product. Why anyone thinks football is somehow different and/or immune that basic, primary school level economic arithmetic, is odd.

Money is why Hearts and Partick are running around with tears streaming down their snottery faces just now.

Oh I totally get that.    Believe it or not there are still people that are claiming that sporting integrity was upheld.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The results for the season stood for everyone. The SPFL clubs overwhelmingly voted for all 42 places to be decided on a points per game basis. They also overwhelmingly voted to cancel the play-offs this season.

.....only just not the important part.  The bit that many clubs in the Championship set out at the start of the season to achieve - promotion.

To highlight the obvious, most if not all clubs will have voted the way they thought best served their own situation.  

It’s an irrefutable fact that that each club’s efforts for the season were not rewarded equally.  i.e. finish top / bottom and you are promoted / relegated.  Finish in the play offs and in terms of the possibility of gaining promotion your efforts count for nothing.  

Edited by Shadow Play

37 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

All the indications are they've been relegated from a division that will play 27 games starting in October to one that will play 27 games starting in October. I'm not seeing grounds for compensation in that.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

So, for season 2019/2020:

-If you finished bottom of the league the results for the season stands.

-If you finished top of the league the results for the season stands.

-If you finished in a play off spot the season was effectively declared null and void.

I guess that’s considered treating every club equally.

I think it is, the playoffs can't take place so you can't just draw straws to determine them. 

22 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Oh I totally get that.    Believe it or not there are still people that are claiming that sporting integrity was upheld.

.....only just not the important part.  The bit that many clubs in the Championship set out at the start of the season to achieve - promotion.

To highlight the obvious, most if not all clubs will have voted the way they thought best served their own situation.  

It’s an irrefutable fact that that each club’s efforts for the season were not rewarded equally.  i.e. finish top / bottom and you are promoted / relegated.  Finish in the play offs and in terms of the possibility of gaining promotion your efforts count for nothing.  

The clubs in play-off spots/trying to get into play-off spots nearly all voted to end the season understanding that they couldn’t go up, the only ones that went for the various votes were trying to manipulate things so they got promoted.

Leave Hearts in the Premier, Partick in the Championship and Stranraer in League 1 so no relegation but promote all other Premier teams and Dundee Utd to a new Super premier, all other Championship teams and Raith to the now 10 team premier, all other League 1 teams and Cove to the Championship and all league 2 clubs to League 1 and disband League 2.

Problem solved and no relagation and only promotions, case closed.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

A procedural question, do we need to wait until after the court case to expel Hearts and Thistle from the league or can we do it now? 

Expel Thistle and Hearts and replace them with Brora and Kelty. Falkirk get promoted to the Championship & Stranraer get a reprieve.

How does that sound for everyone? Deal?

Nah, not having that bit.

17 minutes ago, Toby said:

Nah, not having that bit.

Why do you think all the Falkirk fans are suddenly coming out from under this rock and acting pally with Hearts & Partick Thistle fans?

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

If my auntie had baws . . .

Presumptuous, you’d still have to ask her how she identified.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Why do you think all the Falkirk fans are suddenly coming out from under this rock and acting pally with Hearts & Partick Thistle fans?

Not all

I’d genuinely rather be reading yet again about how this summer’s crop of Falkirk boy band signings are going to win The Championship than all the bleating about how unfair everything is.

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:

Leave Hearts in the Premier, Partick in the Championship and Stranraer in League 1 so no relegation but promote all other Premier teams and Dundee Utd to a new Super premier, all other Championship teams and Raith to the now 10 team premier, all other League 1 teams and Cove to the Championship and all league 2 clubs to League 1 and disband League 2.

Problem solved and no relagation and only promotions, case closed.

Why would you promote teams on an unfinished season but not relegate the teams that finished bottom?