Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

29 minutes ago, Smurph said:

Remember match threads? What I'd do to read four people ask where's best to park and someone predicting Brian Graham to score a hat trick in a  2-0 win

Another week and you'll be missing the weekly crowdwank.

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re in debt it’s just that it’s to Cameron himself rather than a bank. I don’t think he said anywhere that he himself was putting money in to ensure we survived. Just that he and the board members would do everything to ensure the clubs short term safety.

I’m only going off what he said on Twitter.

IMG_0792.jpg

Desperate Thistle roaster there in the replies. Lachlan should have been honest and just say it was to f**k over McCall.

A vote to decide on the settling of the lower three divisions before they were even scheduled to finish, whilst still seemingly holding out hope that the top league can be settled differently, with a vague mention of an unspecified league reconstruction in the future is absolute peak Scottish football administration. 

If the end result of this is that we end up in the seaside leagues then (un)fair fucks but rushing the whole thing through now when theres still a shit tonne of uncertainty is farcical. Its not even clear that football will be possible this calendar year at this point. If clubs need the end of year payments to stay afloat then some funds should be released to them in the interim but the current approach just seems like bribery. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re in debt it’s just that it’s to Cameron himself rather than a bank. I don’t think he said anywhere that he himself was putting money in to ensure we survived. Just that he and the board members would do everything to ensure the clubs short term safety.

I’m only going off what he said on Twitter.

IMG_0792.jpg

To keep paying their staff 100% at this time where there are other options available is madness.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

To keep paying their staff 100% at this time where there are other options available is madness.

Pretty sure good ol' Lachlan is as far right as they come. And not in the UK sense, but in the US sense. So relying on the government simply wouldn't be an option.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I hope he'd be giving folk refunds on season tickets for the games he's openly against the club playing. 

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Can you get furloughed twice, by different companies?

As an example. Dundee put all players on furlough. Players contract expires in May. He agrees to join other club, can the new club furlough him?

If not, then clubs furloughing players might be fucking them over entirely if this runs beyond their contracts.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I hope he'd be giving folk refunds on season tickets for the games he's openly against the club playing. 

His response to that:

Took me a while to find that due to his constant retweets of China being to blame for the Corona Virus and how Trump is doing an excellent job.

Its fairer to promote one team who weren't guaranteed it, but not a team a few points behind, than relegate a team who are bottom after 79% of the season has been played?
You could legitimately claim the season could end after 33 games, at which point you're saving a team bottom with 9% of the season left.
I'd say it is fairer. Relegation will be a bigger blow for Hearts and Partick (who both could stay up) than the teams in 3rd/4th missing out on a playoff opportunity. If we'd ended the league at the same stage last season, my own team would have stayed up. Things can easily change for both those clubs.

It's clearly not perfect, but there will be not be a solution that will suit every club. The teams missing out on their playoff will at least get the benefit of an easier league on paper next season too.

I'd certainly say it's more unfair to relegate a team with only 75% of their season complete than it is to promote a team.

Relegation to League 1 could be the difference between full time and part time football. Don't think that is as applicable anywhere else in the league system in Scotland.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I think you're missing my point if clubs furlough their entire staff it makes not a bit of difference if it can be done at home, you cannot work for your employer whilst the state pays 80% of your wages.

I’m not missing anything, you’re coming up with a ludicrous reason that you claim will bring this all crashing down.

There is nothing to stop a club paying someone in admin for a few hours work of printing off contracts. It’s a fucking ridiculous argument against trying play out the season when possible.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

His response to that:

Took me a while to find that due to his constant retweets of China being to blame for the Corona Virus and how Trump is doing an excellent job.

So what he's saying is - you're not a real supporter if you want a refund on your season tickets. 

Lachlan seems a level headed chap. 

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can you get furloughed twice, by different companies?

As an example. Dundee put all players on furlough. Players contract expires in May. He agrees to join other club, can the new club furlough him?

If not, then clubs furloughing players might be fucking them over entirely if this runs beyond their contracts.

You had to be on your employers payroll by end 28th February. 

So what he's saying is - you're not a real supporter if you want a refund on your season tickets. 
Lachlan seems a level headed chap. 

Would be pretty stupid for fans to demand a season ticket refund if they knew if would harm their club.

So the SPFL are sitting on £8 million of prize money. Why can’t they just pay everyone the minimum amount of prize money they’d get based on the lowest league position they’re guaranteed to finish? Instead they’re trying to railroad this through when the reality is no one has a clue what will be happening in 2/3 weeks time.

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

No. 

Be interesting to see how many of these "ITS ALL ABOUT INTEGRITY" clubs let players contracts expire and leave them without any means of getting money...

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would be pretty stupid for fans to demand a season ticket refund if they knew if would harm their club.

Football clubs aren’t charities. I wouldn’t do it personally but if someone is skint and desperate for the money they’re entitled to ask for it back.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

So the SPFL are sitting on £8 million of prize money. Why can’t they just pay everyone the minimum amount of prize money they’d get based on the lowest league position they’re guaranteed to finish? Instead they’re trying to railroad this through when the reality is no one has a clue what will be happening in 2/3 weeks time.

Theyve done that in the top flight.