Lockdown Achievements

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's such a huge problem for me and has been for years ever since I was massively overweight. I don't drink that much anymore at all, but sugar cravings just fail me every time. 

I don't munch my way through sweets and chocolate every day, but I do find myself getting something sweet. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. Unfortunately, I don't think there's an answer that doesn't involve willpower to a degree. I'm only just becoming aware that I generally eat sugary stuff because my body's telling me I NEED it, rather than an intellectual choice.

I don't think I could do it if the body didn't alter its chemistry to adapt. Those kind of cravings would just wear you down over time. I think it helps to accept that sugar is an addictive substance, and not everybody can control the urge to use it, just like alcohol or cocaine.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Unfortunately, I don't think there's an answer that doesn't involve willpower to a degree. I'm only just becoming aware that I generally eat sugary stuff because my body's telling me I NEED it, rather than an intellectual choice.

I don't think I could do it if the body didn't alter its chemistry to adapt. Those kind of cravings would just wear you down over time. I think it helps to accept that sugar is an addictive substance, and not everybody can control the urge to use it, just like alcohol or cocaine.

I totally agree, it needs willpower more than anything and I believe any addiction needs it above all else. Alcohol? I don't crave it and infact push it away quite often. Drugs? Don't know, stayed away for the most part. 

Sugar? Crave it after a really shitty day, an argument, anything for a pick-me-up. I've spoken to a psychologist about it a little bit and it's definitely about being aware of what your body wants and why. Tuning into your body and trying to alter your reaction to negatives. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

How do you manage to not eat chocolate for 2 months? Serious question, it's really really hard for me. I feel if I can get rid of my sugar cravings I can push on much harder with my running etc. 

Complex answer. Circumstances not ideal but basically my girlfriend has been ill and currently shielded living with her mum for the last 10 weeks due to a health condition. She hasn't been able to move back in with me yet so I just haven't bothered buying shite food when I go to the shops since I'm only buying for me.

I do sometimes crave the odd unhealthy snack but I since don't have any in the house I either eat something else or just don't eat. I've realised when I do get a bit peckish I tend to just go and make a coffee instead. I have no idea if that helps.

I've also been playing loads of computer games and it's not uncommon that I get glued to the screen for hours and simply forget to eat.

14 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Managed a headstand today. Working towards the bending it the hips and all sorts of yoga shite.

6B9B59A6-A463-4780-960D-A2389EDEF9AF.jpeg

These Perfect Fit Venetian blinds are really good.

Those seriously wanting to lose weight should try the Quavers diet. It may sound a bit ridiculous, but eating only a 12 pack of Quavers every day is actually below your recommended daily intake of calories and so big weight losses can be achieved in a relatively short period of time. 

Despite it being delicious and actually working, there are some drawbacks. I had to start wearing gloves to eat them as my fingers were absolutely reeking and my colleagues complained to the boss about the smell. Not fun having to sit in his office and explain why, but he was really understanding and we reached a compromise with the gloves. 

These days I've reached a weight I'm happy with so I have a small breakfast of porridge in the morning and a healthy dinner at night whilst snacking on eight packs of Quavers during the day. This maintains the weight I'm happiest at and I can honestly say I've never had as much energy as I do now. 

Had the day off yesterday, and hardly moved out of the armchair, beat my PB time for completing the minesweeper puzzle in the morning paper, then binge-watched and completed the Netflix documentary, ‘Sunderland till I Die’. Compelling viewing, what a way to run a professional football club![emoji15]