The SPFL recommendation?

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No splits for christ sake. The top flight one is awful . We should be ditching it not bringing in more.

If you,d been paying attention you’d have seen my preferred option was 2 leagues of 22, but.......

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

Regardless of final outcome, there may be a year of reconstruction, after that don’t be fooled, this will go back to the 12  team greed set up. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^This!

As long as we are lumbered with all those greedy b*****ds in the SPL, were fucked!

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

If you,d been paying attention you’d have seen my preferred option was 2 leagues of 22, but.......

^^^^^^^^^^^^This!

As long as we are lumbered with all those greedy b*****ds in the SPL, were fucked!

Same old story the best solution for scottish football comes way 2nd to the best solution for the top 12. As long as that continues scottish football is fecked.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Where can I get a laughing stick?

Maybe the mannie  in the iron mongers sells them, along with fork handles and o’s

Edited by Scottydog

33 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

They also regularly return a Tory government and voted for brexit  so their opinions are best treated with the contempt they deserve

Meanwhile we campaigned for Independence and then voted against it and have a Chief Medical Officer who thinks it appropriate to visit her holiday home during lockdown.

What an absolute shambles! Surely we could at least try and play the remaining games behind closed doors, failing that it's null and void and we start from scratch when safe to do so. You can't promote the top 2 either, 2nd has just as much chance as going up as 4th.

5 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

What an absolute shambles! Surely we could at least try and play the remaining games behind closed doors, failing that it's null and void and we start from scratch when safe to do so. You can't promote the top 2 either, 2nd has just as much chance as going up as 4th.

At the very least they should surely be financially compensating the clubs in playoff promotion spots(2 to 4) to make this a bit more palitable.

10 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

How can games be played behind closed doors? Are football players immune to the virus? How do the clubs make money? 

Of course there not but in a few weeks time once the peak is over I'm pretty sure we could at least try and play behind closed doors if safe to do so and get the season completed fairly, if we cant do that it's null and void for me, you can't go awarding promotion and forget the play offs when there's still 24 points to play for. Not ideal for the league leaders but it's not ideal for teams still vying for a play off place either.

How can games be played behind closed doors? Are football players immune to the virus? How do the clubs make money? 

Of course there not but in a few weeks time once the peak is over I'm pretty sure we could at least try and play behind closed doors if safe to do so and get the season completed fairly, if we cant do that it's null and void for me, you can't go awarding promotion and forget the play offs when there's still 24 points to play for. Not ideal for the league leaders but it's not ideal for teams still vying for a play off place either.

There’s a thousand people a day dying, m8. The games will not be getting played anytime. You can’t null and void it. That’s not even being spoken about. This is going round in circles. Hopefully Dundee vote this through and I can get the champagne out.

10 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Scottish football has been suspended, including any training, until mid June at the very earliest. And even that is very optimistic. No football is getting played in a few months, never mind a few weeks. 

Once the peak is over, lockdown restrictions will be lifted gradually. Sports will be, quite rightly, literally bottom of the list of things to start again. 

I can't see null and void happening. We are 1 vote away from a widely criticised and chastised proposal from passing, with 85 % of Scottish clubs voting for it. A few tweaks to appease a couple of clubs and it looks like a similar type of proposal could go through. 

Edited by CALDERON

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

There’s a thousand people a day dying, m8. The games will not be getting played anytime. You can’t null and void it. That’s not even being spoken about. This is going round in circles. Hopefully Dundee vote this through and I can get the champagne out.

I'm not sure why any proposal couldnt simply have been 1. End the season now. 2. Give out prize money. 3. Promote the 3 league leaders 4. Immediately start talks on relegation and how to resolve the issues affecting the teams in playoff spots with a deadline for those talks finishing being the end of may.  I reckon that would fly through compared to the 3 teams get promoted, 2 relegated and the playoff sides can just lump it and oh we might have a wee chat about reconstruction if we fancy it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

27 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

Based on a peak in the next 10 days, we wont see the death rate drop to near 0 until early June, that's what the modelling suggests and that's where the government got the June 10th date for the earliest resumption of football from.

Before then, as the death rate drops we will probably see some degree of relaxation in the lockdown, but short of a radical change in strategy towards periodic, mass testing and contact tracing like Germany its June or later before we can get football back up and running, as that will be one of the last sectors that gets brought back online.

As for running games behind closed doors, the Euopean elite leagues can no doubt do that since their income is not really tied to gate receipts, and the Scottish Premier could probably get by without holing themselves below the waterline, but I don't see how clubs such as ours can afford to run games on no income, particularly as we'd be trying to do so at the point where player contracts require renewal, and also when they are trying to plan for next season (something that requires careful budgeting and another reason so many clubs want this done with)

Edited by renton

Guest Ecosse83

What a minter if Dundee change their minds now. Apparently they sent a vote but it didn't arrive! Now they are being pretty much forced to change the way Celtic and Peter Lawlell wants them to vote, it's quite frankly corrupt. 

I hope Hearts have a semi competent lawyer, it won't take much to bring to whole fucking thing down!

26 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:

The peak may be over in a few weeks. Then what? You expect a return to normality? This will not happen. This bloody virus will still be out there.

The boffins think they MAY have a vaccine by September/October.

Then there will be clinical trials, and if it works in any kind of numbers it will be produced.

I'll stick my neck out here and say there may not be a next season. 

Definitely not starting in August. For next season, read next year.

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Based on a peak in the next 10 days, we wont see the death rate drop to near 0 until early June, that's what the modelling suggests and that's where the government got the June 10th date for the earliest resumption of football from.

Before then, as the death rate drops we will probably see some degree of relaxation in the lockdown, but short of a radical change in strategy towards periodic, mass testing and contact tracing like Germany its June or later before we can get football back up and running, as that will be one of the last sectors that gets brought back online.

As for running games behind closed doors, the Euopean elite leagues can no doubt do that since their income is not really tied to gate receipts, and the Scottish Premier could probably get by without holding themselves below the waterline, but I don't see how clubs such as ours can afford to run games on no income, particularly as we'd be trying to do so at the point where player contracts require renewal, and also when they are trying to plan for next season (something that requires careful budgeting and another reason so many clubs want this done with)

I dont think any club outside the top 12 thinks theres any option left but to end the leagues as is. It's the way that this has been carried out with clubs being forced to vote on a proposal over a couple of days to get any money that they have issues with.  I doubt we even have any real issues with raith being promoted it's the fact that very little thought or discussion is being put into reducing the fallout on the clubs in relegation spots or promotion playoff spots that is the deal breaker for them.  A lot of thought is being put into how we can help clubs being screwed financially by covid 19 but feck all thought seems to have been put in on how we help clubs that could be screwed financially by being relegated or denied a promotion/playoff spot  on a random weekend in march.

Have we established Dundee’s reasons for (allegedly) voting no yet? Is it simply to get it round Dundee United and keep the gate receipts in the league?

I also don’t see why if they’d voted no and the SPFL claimed not to receive it, they wouldn’t just send it again and release a statement saying as such. They’re angling after something.

Have we established Dundee’s reasons for (allegedly) voting no yet? Is it simply to get it round Dundee United and keep the gate receipts in the league?

I also don’t see why if they’d voted no and the SPFL claimed not to receive it, they wouldn’t just send it again and release a statement saying as such. They’re angling after something.

Dundee are in the playoff places to get promoted, why would they vote for a proposal that effectively ends their promotion chances?