League Reconstruction 20/21 season

23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No, it's 40 vs 40 or 42. You're making some arse of this.

The 2 extra games for 3rd/4th I'd say, are a fair compromise and ireward for finishing 2nd in championship.

Yes, fair enough. But the fact that I have run out of fingers and toes isn't really the point.  Random's original daft point was that some new proposal meant a play off where the one team had had 36 games and the other team 40 games. To which I say so fkn what? They've already been playing completely different teams all season and currently the play off teams (can) have had different numbers of games anyway.  And btw, in the case of the lower league team, crammed into a short time

Edited by Pet Jeden

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/chairmans-message/

Problems with player contracts seems to have been the main reason. I didn’t agree with it at first but I can understand why.

Lachlan Cameron comes across as a sensible and compassionate man, whereas Budge is blatant in her desire to save Hearts and feck everyone else, just an observation; nowt else.

1 hour ago, jaybeee said:

Lachlan Cameron comes across as a sensible and compassionate man, whereas Budge is blatant in her desire to save Hearts and feck everyone else, just an observation; nowt else.

Another Observation:  Budge, as any businessperson should, is looking after the interests of her own organisation.  It is her job.

What she is doing is no different to what Richard Branson is doing to attempt to protect Virgin Airlines.

5 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Another Observation:  Budge, as any businessperson should, is looking after the interests of her own organisation.  It is her job.

What she is doing is no different to what Richard Branson is doing to attempt to protect Virgin Airlines.

Doesn't make it right and most sensible folk see right through it.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I see what you're doing here. Nothing in your post is wrong. Most of what Budge and Branson say and do is wrong.

You are giving me more credit for subtlety than I possess.

I was not referring to my post, but to yours.

You said: "Doesn't make it right".  I was asking what exactly about her actions is not "right".

32 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Is Budge going to offer up a shit stained olive branch as collateral in an attempt to get tax payers money to save a business she controls from a tax haven?

Budge is transparent, but Branson is so fucking tone deaf it's incredible.

4 minutes ago, Ian38018 said:

Different routes, but with the same destination

I think you are right to an extent but it's not the destination you floated. Both of them have a final destination that is purely wrapped up in their own legacy. Shareholders and staff (in that order) are the least of their concerns.

Forgive my cynicism, but anyone suggesting Branson is doing anything other than being an utter c**t has clearly not followed Branson's actions over the years.

He's also anti-Scottish independence, which while irrelevant, is particularly annoying as it goes against almost everything he espoused in his "I got fucking rich look at fucking me" book.

Edit: You may have figured I have little time for the man.

Edited by Ric

OK - perhaps I have muddied the waters here by introducing RB into the mix. 

But the point I was attempting (but generally failing) to make is that Ms. Budge is only doing what I am sure we would hope the chairperson of our club would be doing, had we found ourselves in Hearts position.  

Just now, Ian38018 said:

OK - perhaps I have muddied the waters here by introducing RB into the mix. 

But the point I was attempting (but generally failing) to make is that Ms. Budge is only doing what I am sure we would hope the chairperson of our club would be doing, had we found ourselves in Hearts position.  

Yeah, sorry, I'll wind my neck in now.. ;)

The thing with Budge though is that it seems there is a route that could benefit more than just her club, and it wouldn't be detrimental, but she seems to still be pushing for the thing that only suits her and her club in the short term. It's another argument, but what suits Hearts alone may not suit Scottish football, and to use the terrible "no man is an island" quote, could then mean she is not pursuing what is best for her club in the long term.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

It's loosely related to reconstruction but has there been anything yet in regards to a new league sponsor even from the rumour mill?

The league tend to be quite good at keeping this to themselves - the process doesn't tend to be particularly leaky. My view is that they didn't seem overly bothered when the Ladbrokes deal ended, which suggested there was at least interest in  it at that time. However, this recent situation might have changed everything.

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Romania went with the 6/8 split back in 2015-16 since then the difference between 6th and 7th after round 26 has been:

2015-16 = 1pt
2016-17 = 2pts
2017-18 = 0pt GD, 8th place was also on the same points total
2018-19 = 1pt
2019-20 = 2pts

Greece also adopted it this year and had a 2 point difference between 6th and 7th.

Romania do half points from the two rounds of fixtures. Anyone up for that?

The Greek League was stopped right at the split.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_Super_League_Greece#Positions_by_round

In the last games there is 1 interesting battle for the 2nd CL spot.

And barring a Hibs like collapse relegation will be between 3 teams for 2 spots.

---

Which is to say that those leagues splits do the exact opposite of the current Premiership split (bring back SPL) where they reduce interest towards the end of the season where as our set up increases it imo.