League Reconstruction 20/21 season

30 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Shouldn't they be wearing Get to Fawkes masks?

Shouldn't that be

"Get to Foulkes masks?"

Lordie, Lordie!

As yet we've heard nought from the Honourable Wastemonster Peer. Make your own mind up for the meaning of peer.😎

Edited by embow

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure why the little jibe about the OF veto. I'm not Stewart Milne.

The rest of your post is pure negativity. It might be rooted in some fact, and change will be very, very difficult but that attitude is very little use. You'd hope that the summers events will force clubs to look again at the governance of the game. It is clearly paralysing in any significant change.

The jibe wasn't aimed at you - I'd forgotton about that tbh lol

The idea that my attitude is of any relevance is kinda funny. This isn't the Shawshank Redemption - hoping doesn't make it so.

I'm negative about the future of Scottish fitba cos I'm a realist. I've never seen any proposal ever, which I've both thought that looks decent, and haven't also been able to spot the glaring flaw in the plan.

I kinda like the idea of a 6 team playoff system. I'd be even more radical, but, it ain't ever gonna happen though, so, meh!

Edited by ArabFC

15 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Might be partly how i phrased the post but can you imagine casual fans trying to get head around something like that 😐 trainwreck.

Also had to correct a mistake in it where I said 1st to 4th join the teams from bottom half. its first to third joining the 9 remaining bottom half teams. Doesn't make it any less mad or confusing though

I haven't got my head around the modern offside rules yet, but I'm sure a Jupiter style system would gradually sink in as we see how it operates in real life. 

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure why the little jibe about the OF veto. I'm not Stewart Milne.

The rest of your post is pure negativity. It might be rooted in some fact, and change will be very, very difficult but that attitude is very little use. You'd hope that the summers events will force clubs to look again at the governance of the game. It is clearly paralysing in any significant change.

He's a Dundee United fan...

43 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Wouldnt call it reasonable but what Belgium do is...

16 team league. 

initial 30 game season so H&A once each. Team bottom season is over and they'r relegated in March and don't play again that season. The team top of the league below are now promoted (That league is only 8 teams - Lets not even get into how they decide who the winner of that is as its even more convoluted). 

there's then a split. Top 6. They then half the season points total and the top 6 play each other home and away again. 

Bottom ten are then split into two groups of 6 with the teams from 1st to 3rd joining them from the League below. All starting with 0 points. 

the winner of each bottom half group then have a playoff, the winner of that playoff plays the team finishing 4th in the top 6 for the final Europa League place. So in theory the team who finished 4th in the league below could qualify for Europe should they be successful. 

CAN WE PLEASE NOT ADOPT ANYTHING LIKE THIS!!!

That could be...interesting.

8 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

The jibe wasn't aimed at you - I'd forgotton about that tbh lol

The idea that my attitude is of any relevance is kinda funny. This isn't the Shawshank Redemption - hoping doesn't make it so.

I'm negative about the future of Scottish fitba cos I'm a realist. I've never seen any proposal ever, which I've both thought that looks decent, and haven't also been able to spot the glaring flaw in the plan.

I kinda like the idea of a 6 team playoff system. I'd be even more radical, but, it ain't ever gonna happen though, so, meh!

I'm not saying your opinion (or mine particularly) is relevant but you're certainly not alone in your views and there's a culture of it's not possible so why bother in Scottish football, particularly amongst long time incumbents.

And without fail these people will say they're not negative, they're realists.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes, these are all significant problems. It's why when you hear chairmen on the radio saying 'I favour reconstruction' it drives me mad as it's such a vague concept..

However, if they could agree a clear purpose for reconstruction first and foremost i.e. do we want a more competitive league, do we want more emphasis on developing players for the national team, do we just want to maximise tv revenues etc etc etc then we might begin to get somewhere. What is the SPFL's mission statement? Objectives?

Obviously it can be a blend of the above elements but we really need to decide what we want from the game.

Reconstruction just for change's sake is pointless. The current set up isn't so bad that we just attempt a re-shuffle.

Completely agree. Like in politics, people demanding a vague concept of 'Change!' tends to go down well with punters. However, there needs to be a clear purpose for this change, and for the benefits of these changes to be clearly explained. We have a pretty good setup as it as, and just changing because change sounds attractive and people fancy something different isn't a good enough reason.

There are things that I think need looked at, but I've said all along that rushed, ill thought out changes in the middle of a global pandemic is not good for our game.

3 hours ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Absolute belter.  They have reached complete and utter collective meltdown stage. Howling:

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/189497-protest-guy-fawkes-masks/

"We need a mass protest at every point, semi final at hampden get everyone wearing Guy Fawkes masks as a nod to the fact we are going to tear down the establishment". 

image.png.2b5f5a440d1c9d784de489a7c4c4490a.png

When, in the history of Scottish football, actually, British football, has a boycott ever been anything other than an absolute failure and minter for the team involved?

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
39 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:
They tried to relegate us and pretty much bankrupt us, had we gone down, with a -25pt penalty.  Admittedly we were run by shysters (again) but the action seemed to have more behind it than just applying a penalty.

That wasn't the SFA.

Eh've been telt that!

26 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Attention has turned to their Championship rivals today.

Screenshot_20200728-111400_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7292ec7e778231df408ee3fb9509a905.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-111243_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1fa5c5b614cd456489860ac698ca6cc8.jpg

Screenshot_20200728-111223_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d0b48f7798a5b59605e292faf9f7225e.jpg

Anyone who questions the idea of a boycott is Hobo vermin. 

As a Hobo vermin meself, If I was a JKB interloper, I'd be far more inclined to egg them on into as many ridiculous displays of belligerence as I could, agent-provocateur style. I'm pretty sure that gadgie trying to egg them on into wearing Anonymous/V for v*E*ndetta style Guy Fawkes Masks was one of us...

Edited by Aim Here
f**k you, P&B spellchecker!

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not saying your opinion (or mine particularly) is relevant but you're certainly not alone in your views and there's a culture of it's not possible so why bother in Scottish football, particularly amongst long time incumbents.

And without fail these people will say they're not negative, they're realists.

I mean, I literally said... "I'm negative about the future of Scottish fitba cos I'm a realist."

A famous realist once said... “No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude.”

If someone can proffer a reasonable argument as to why the gruesome twosome would ever willingly cede any of their dominance for the overall good of Scottish fitba, I'm willing to listen, but I've never yet heard one.

13 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

As a Hobo vermin meself, If I was a JKB interloper, I'd be far more inclined to egg them on into as many ridiculous displays of belligerence as I could, agent-provocateur style. I'm pretty sure that gadgie trying to egg them on into wearing Anonymous/V for v*E*ndetta style Guy Fawkes Masks was one of us...

You mean this kind of thing? ;)

Ed9Q02FX0AAWH2G?format=jpg&name=small

9 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I mean, I literally said... "I'm negative about the future of Scottish fitba cos I'm a realist."

A famous realist once said... “No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude.”

If someone can proffer a reasonable argument as to why the gruesome twosome would ever willingly cede any of their dominance for the overall good of Scottish fitba, I'm willing to listen, but I've never yet heard one.

I mean we can quibble about this all day but it's ultimately pointless. Although I'd point out that stating yourself as a realist to justify your negativity doesn't make you a rational person.

There is one certainty though if your views permeate throughout Scottish football. You will be right.

33 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

When, in the history of Scottish football, actually, British football, has a boycott ever been anything other than an absolute failure and minter for the team involved?

There have been a couple of decent examples of fans boycotting their own clubs to force change, but boycotting away clubs has always been an embarrassing failure.