League Reconstruction 20/21 season

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If there is serious desire for reconstruction then set up a working group right now.

First of all decide what we want Scottish football to be. Second of all produce a range of options to achieve those goals. Thirdly work through the implications of each scenario regarding TV rights or whatever else.

Do it properly!

And we'll probably still get nowhere.

Well, duh!

As explained by multiple club chairman over the course of this drama, they vote for their own club's best interests, and why the hell wouldn't they?

14 team top league is an epically stupid idea.

16+ only gives 2 OF games so yer getting the big ol' f**k off there.

Which leaves 10 or 12. Anyone want 10 instead? 😅

Best we can hope for is perhaps an expanded Championship and a proper pyramid system, but even that would need turkeys to vote for xmas.

Any introduction of OF colt teams would just hammer another nail into the coffin.

9 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The poor lad's bunnet is too tight.

9 hours ago, Shotgun said:

It was 3 different lads but aye.

No wonder the bunnet was too tight...

59 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'd seen someone say they actually stopped filming a while back, so might not be as harrowing as expected.  

Still filming as of last week................

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Well, duh!

As explained by multiple club chairman over the course of this drama, they vote for their own club's best interests, and why the hell wouldn't they?

14 team top league is an epically stupid idea.

16+ only gives 2 OF games so yer getting the big ol' f**k off there.

Which leaves 10 or 12. Anyone want 10 instead? 😅

Best we can hope for is perhaps an expanded Championship and a proper pyramid system, but even that would need turkeys to vote for xmas.

Any introduction of OF colt teams would just hammer another nail into the coffin.

Yes, these are all significant problems. It's why when you hear chairmen on the radio saying 'I favour reconstruction' it drives me mad as it's such a vague concept..

However, if they could agree a clear purpose for reconstruction first and foremost i.e. do we want a more competitive league, do we want more emphasis on developing players for the national team, do we just want to maximise tv revenues etc etc etc then we might begin to get somewhere. What is the SPFL's mission statement? Objectives?

Obviously it can be a blend of the above elements but we really need to decide what we want from the game.

Reconstruction just for change's sake is pointless. The current set up isn't so bad that we just attempt a re-shuffle.

1 hour ago, Ped said:

League starts this weekend bit late for wishful thinking on reconstruction hearts should just concentrate on how many points the sfa take off them for breaking the rules and hope it's not too big that they struggle for promotion back 

They won't lose any points. 

League starts this weekend bit late for wishful thinking on reconstruction hearts should just concentrate on how many points the sfa take off them for breaking the rules and hope it's not too big that they struggle for promotion back 
They can't take points off them.

They can be fined or have their membership suspended.

It will be a fine.

56 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

"Tynecastle should be covered in banners simply saying "SPFL currupt to the core" by the fans or similar statements"

Yes please!

Well done the Maroon Brigade...

9 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

So what is French football?

No vote, just stopped the league and called it,

Two clubs want reconstruction

Two clubs take the decision to court

Court bumps it back to league

Teams vote with large majority against enlargement of league and League is called as is.

Clubs still threatening legal action

So Frenchman Stephane Adam, are we really? Or are you talking shite to engratiate yourself with Hearts fans?

That doesn't include Belgium or FC Utrecht in Netherlands. Twat!

Yes, but his point stands.

You only need to look at how shit the French national team also is.

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It will be a fine.

I expect it will be a token one, especially if they have to pay all the costs from arbitration, they don't want to complicate things with Lord Clark's warning that the full whack might not be lawful. Not sure if FIFA have a minimum sanction, but I doubt it.

I was reading in today's newspaper about the Covid-19 outbreak resulting in a delay in the takeover of Hearts by the FoH group.

Well incredulous, just incredulous. 

Why couldn't the two parties involved have agreed that, after something like a 3 month lockdown of the process, they could resume negotiations, etc, with Hearts supporters paying 3 contributions every week until the process is concluded ?

Or what about having a reconstruction of the financial agreement to increase the numbers involved ?

Presumably the will to make it happen on time just wasn't there from Mrs Budge. Stinks of self-interest IMO.

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Or something else.

SFA Article 95 says they may be liable to "... a fine or to a suspension or to an expulsion or to ejection from the Challenge Cup Competition, to any combination of these penalties or such other penalty, condition or sanction as the Judicial Panel considers appropriate,"

Deduction of points would require SPFL agreement. Maybe unlikely, but not impossible.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I was reading in today's newspaper about the Covid-19 outbreak resulting in a delay in the takeover of Hearts by the FoH group.

Well incredulous, just incredulous.

I am incredulous at the number of people who write "incredulous" when they mean "incredible".