League Reconstruction 20/21 season

10 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Just like their big *** cousins they'll be boycotting f**k all.

No need to, I cant see there being any big crowds this season.

6 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Is there going to be league reconstruction for next season?

Or was it just about saving Hearts?

There will definitely be a continuing crusade for reconstruction, spearheaded by Ann Budge.

As she's established throughout this, and particularly in yesterday's outstanding statement, this was never really about where Hearts happened to find themselves when the music stopped.  Instead, it's all been about governance, fairness and decision making.  

I'm quite certain that Ann's noble quest will continue well beyond the bounds of today's petty circumstances.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

a) Teams would never agree to a set-up where they could get 2 away games v the OF where another team gets 2 home games and you cannot avoid the possibility without fixing the fixtures.

b) Buy it out? Who? Scottish fitba is trying to attract money not give it away.

c) 16 teams would need teams such as Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc to be willing to share the wealth.

We can play this game for almost every scenario people dream up. The clubs vote for their own interests ergo the game is screwed.

The imbalance of OF games would be balanced out over a number of seasons, in a single season we would have to suck it up.  In the post-split play off you would ‘in general’ get one of them at home and one away.

Buy it out - I just meant that given that this seems to be the rule, some sort of action or decision making/agreement would be required to drop that ‘rule’.

Yes teams would need to agree to it and its implications but I am only mentioning this as an idea because there has been a suggestion that there is a will to look at reconstruction options.

I am happy enough with the current set up but if change was in the air I would want to bypass any suggestion of a 14 team set up and see the above considered.

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Wouldnt call it reasonable but what Belgium do is...

16 team league. 

initial 30 game season so H&A once each. Team bottom season is over and they'r relegated in March and don't play again that season. The team top of the league below are now promoted (That league is only 8 teams - Lets not even get into how they decide who the winner of that is as its even more convoluted). 

there's then a split. Top 6. They then half the season points total and the top 6 play each other home and away again. 

Bottom ten are then split into two groups of 6 with the teams from 1st to 3rd joining them from the League below. All starting with 0 points. 

the winner of each bottom half group then have a playoff, the winner of that playoff plays the team finishing 4th in the top 6 for the final Europa League place. So in theory the team who finished 4th in the league below could qualify for Europe should they be successful. 

CAN WE PLEASE NOT ADOPT ANYTHING LIKE THIS!!!

I like it.

Even if I didn't, I'd be in favour of it, if only to hear 'Doddsy' and 'Biscuits' struggling to get their cumbersome heads round it.

23 hours ago, craigkillie said:

He'll say something like: "Neil Doncaster and the SPFL have achieved their pyrrhic victory, but it's a success for legality over morality. Make no mistake, this whole sorry saga will lead to bitter recriminations for years to come."

Not bad.

1953316841_ScreenShot2020-07-28at14_21_11.thumb.png.644ae1a13370ccfd25338aa4e3acce53.png

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Wouldnt call it reasonable but what Belgium do is...

16 team league. 

initial 30 game season so H&A once each. Team bottom season is over and they'r relegated in March and don't play again that season. The team top of the league below are now promoted (That league is only 8 teams - Lets not even get into how they decide who the winner of that is as its even more convoluted). 

there's then a split. Top 6. They then half the season points total and the top 6 play each other home and away again. 

Bottom ten are then split into two groups of 6 with the teams from 1st to 3rd joining them from the League below. All starting with 0 points. 

the winner of each bottom half group then have a playoff, the winner of that playoff plays the team finishing 4th in the top 6 for the final Europa League place. So in theory the team who finished 4th in the league below could qualify for Europe should they be successful. 

CAN WE PLEASE NOT ADOPT ANYTHING LIKE THIS!!!

Imagine Doncaster etc in a room trying to explain that to each other...

936028322_giphy(2).gif.1a8c5780e5fef85fa6bee5fafa6119db.gif

They'd never get past the "what Belgium do" bit.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

That article is pure arrogance.

Condescending dismissal that fans just revel in their rivals getting relegated, even though we know it's 'unfair' really. The bold Tom is the only one thinking clearly here, apparently.

English should be ignored imo. He's whipping up a storm to sell more papers and give more air time to his new found Hertz pals and his new mistress Budge.

Can you imagine Scottish football without glee, rancour and suspicion at the centre of everything?

Can you imagine a world without lawyers? : TheSimpsons

Of course, within about 0.4 seconds of this remarkable outbreak of harmony, you'd start wondering why you're paying £25 a skull to watch some jobber from Notts County launch the ball the way they're facing 20 times per game and then the game's a bogey. If English wants to opine on a 'sport' where everybody gets along then he should stick to egg-chasing - which nobody gives enough of a toss about to get agitated over - and he can take Budge with him. It's abundantly clear that they do not understand the culture of Scottish football. 

Edited by vikingTON

It appears that one Jambo has a thought stirring deep, deep inside his brain.

The whole thing has left me utterly bemused. Were we really in the wrong all the way all along? I believe the panel were experienced and impartial so I just can't fathom how they came to this conclusion. Is that my maroon tinted specs? Did we deserve this?

Could it be...is there a chance...is it possible that Hearts could've been...wrong? Nah, far more likely that everyone, the government, the medical profession, 2 different footballing bodies, the chairman of every other club, the entire media AND the legal system are all corrupt and under the spell of that evil mastermind, Neil Doncaster.

This boy gets it.

Assuming the panel were fine upstanding people one can only assume that they were duped by lies and deceit of witnesses or they could not prove otherwise as on the face of it this was all wrong

Must have been duped. Must have been.

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Not bad.

1953316841_ScreenShot2020-07-28at14_21_11.thumb.png.644ae1a13370ccfd25338aa4e3acce53.png

You were always going to be quite close in what you said.

Tom will never acknowledge some truths in the situation, which is why it was good that the Raith Chair got a comment - albeit small - at the end of the article.

For a complete walloper, look at this by Levein.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53567563

2 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Tom will never acknowledge some truths in the situation, which is why it was good that the Raith Chair got a comment - albeit small - at the end of the article.

However as I sit here listening, the Raith chairman is also pushing the 14,14, X solution as no one is harmed by that reconstruction. If his team had finished 7th instead of 1st, he would fckn see the harm. Playing Annan , Albion R and Elgin instead of Falkirk, Partick and Airdrie fairly focuses your thinking.

When we look back on this in a few years time, when will the Hearts Banter Years have started? ETA it's money spinning replay, isn't it? And what are people's predictions for the future? FoH takes record donations this year, Budge announces a 3 year delay in the handover? Hearts fans nod sagely as she "fights the club's corner and takes on the currupt b*****ds!"

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

35 minutes ago, Green Day said:

But Levein told the BBC's Scottish football podcast: "His job is to protect all the members and to come out and say that he's been vindicated I think was disgraceful."

So by "all members", he really just means Hearts?

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I expect they'll pack away grounds to the fucking rafters (of allowed, corona virus etc) come the end of the season if they're in the running for the league.

All this boycott pish will be forgotten.

Same as (the Rangers mostly) any other group of fans.

Unless its a handy excuse to swerve a freezing February night in Arbroath, Inverness or Dumfries.

I think we can all agree that a number of posters on Kickback are complete loons. Nice to see that a number of “ normal individuals” on there are now challenging much of the nonsense that’s been posted  knowing they will take stick.  As much as it’s been very entertaining over the last few weeks the site really needs a couple of decent mods to take a level of control and set some guidelines, the various threats being made to officials and supporters of other clubs should have been stamped on long ago.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

That article is pure arrogance.

Condescending dismissal that fans just revel in their rivals getting relegated, even though we know it's 'unfair' really. The bold Tom is the only one thinking clearly here, apparently.

Didn't get past the first part of the article, which could be summed up in four words: football fans are dicks.  He's obviously been savaged on twitter & not dealing too well with it.

9 minutes ago, Yorky said:

I think we can all agree that a number of posters on Kickback are complete loons. Nice to see that a number of “ normal individuals” on there are now challenging much of the nonsense that’s been posted  knowing they will take stick.  As much as it’s been very entertaining over the last few weeks the site really needs a couple of decent mods to take a level of control and set some guidelines, the various threats being made to officials and supporters of other clubs should have been stamped on long ago.

The mods are generally the instigators over there. Same as the absolute roasters who moderate Hibs.net.