League Reconstruction 20/21 season

18 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The mods are generally the instigators over there. Same as the absolute roasters who moderate Hibs.net.

Yes I’ve noticed that, which sends a message to everyone else that anything goes. That then puts off many decent individuals from posting because they know nothing will be done about the personal abuse they take. Listen it’s a football forum and a level of abuse comes with that, you don’t want a forum run like a church social but it also can’t go too far which kickback does. If as a mod you are not strong enough to run it correctly stand down and leave it to others who have a more balanced mindset.

35 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

But Levein told the BBC's Scottish football podcast: "His job is to protect all the members and to come out and say that he's been vindicated I think was disgraceful."

So by "all members", he really just means Hearts?

Hearts called him a liar and tried to get him sacked! Taking the spfl to court ffs 🤣 How the f**k is it disgraceful to be cleared over loads of allegations and not be delighted? 

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

However as I sit here listening, the Raith chairman is also pushing the 14,14, X solution as no one is harmed by that reconstruction. If his team had finished 7th instead of 1st, he would fckn see the harm. Playing Annan , Albion R and Elgin instead of Falkirk, Partick and Airdrie fairly focuses your thinking.

Thought Clark came over pretty well other than this bit. I was glad when he mentioned it would be unfair on Cove but would have liked to see him extend that to include the clubs near the bottom of League 1. It would actually have strengthened his argument about reconstruction being a non-starter.

ETA - also disappointing that he considered 14 14 16, does that mean the Colts idea had a bit of traction?

Edited by ribzanelli

3 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Yes I’ve noticed that, which sends a message to everyone else that anything goes. That then puts off many decent individuals from posting because they know nothing will be done about the personal abuse they take. Listen it’s a football forum and a level of abuse comes with that, you don’t want a forum run like a church social but it also can’t go too far which kickback does. If as a mod you are not strong enough to run it correctly stand down and leave it to others who have a more balanced mindset.

Hibs net admins are fine and the forum can’t have any kind of comparison to what they are allowed to say and do on kickback.  

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

However as I sit here listening, the Raith chairman is also pushing the 14,14, X solution as no one is harmed by that reconstruction. If his team had finished 7th instead of 1st, he would fckn see the harm. Playing Annan , Albion R and Elgin instead of Falkirk, Partick and Airdrie fairly focuses your thinking.

Anyone finishing 29th in the league system should have no complaints about playing absolute dross.

26 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The mods are generally the instigators over there. Same as the absolute roasters who moderate Hibs.net.

Wait...  you're saying the posts on kickback are moderated?

WTF would you have to say to get your post knocked back?

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There will definitely be a continuing crusade for reconstruction, spearheaded by Ann Budge.

As she's established throughout this, and particularly in yesterday's outstanding statement, this was never really about where Hearts happened to find themselves when the music stopped.  Instead, it's all been about governance, fairness and decision making.  

I'm quite certain that Ann's noble quest will continue well beyond the bounds of today's petty circumstances.

Can't be any worse than your disparity quest monkey?

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

"Budge Is wrong"

"We deserved to go down"

"I actually don't mind The Proclaimers"

5 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I don’t think anything is out of bounds, posters who state they will still attend away games called “scabs” seems to be the next thing.

9 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Thought Clark came over pretty well other than this bit. I was glad when he mentioned it would be unfair on Cove but would have liked to see him extend that to include the clubs near the bottom of League 1. It would actually have strengthened his argument about reconstruction being a non-starter.

ETA - also disappointing that he considered 14 14 16, does that mean the Colts idea had a bit of traction?

14-14-16 would have been to incorporate Kelty and Brora, who won the Lowland and Highland Leagues respectively but were denied the opportunity of a play-off.

More unbecoming nonsense from English in his latest piece for the BBC.

Yes, there's amusement attached to Hearts' situation because they're a relatively big club, but the absence of empathy owes much more to the club's undignified, aggressive stance throughout this.  The complete lack of humility has made them fun and easy to attack.  His failure to recognise this surprises nobody of course, because he's been cheerleader in chief all along.   This idea that nobody wants to talk about Partick Thistle's situation is also rubbish.  Most can recognise that they were relegated on an identical basis, but by a tighter margin.

In my Tom English parody, I'll observe once more that he picked the wrong horse and just held on tighter and tighter as it careered off maniacally.  He now looks suitably bedraggled as he attempts to dismount.

7 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Anyone finishing 29th in the league system should have no complaints about playing absolute dross.

Are you referring to Partick/Falkirk or Annan/Albion Rovers here? The seaside league permadiddies all blend into one for me. 

14 minutes ago, Fashanu said:

Hearts called him a liar and tried to get him sacked! Taking the spfl to court ffs 🤣 How the f**k is it disgraceful to be cleared over loads of allegations and not be delighted? 

Entirely this.

I'm really no fan of Doncaster, but he'd been accused of serious failings here.  Of course he was pleased to be cleared of them.  I actually thought he managed a pretty measured response, given the circumstances.